Sponsored by:

ECU Adaptation Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
ECU Adaptation Time

How long/how many miles does it take for the ECU to adapt to modifications? I recently had longtube headers installed and now, even with a retune to account for the headers, the car still feels more sluggish and less responsive. Or did the car just lose some low end because of a lack of back pressure?
Old 12-19-2013, 06:51 PM

09 C63, 11 Cayenne S
It should adapt fairly quick. One or two days to get you to the sweet spot your looking for. I really dont believe it takes that long. Usually after i get something done with the car, i usually drive it for a couple of hours (4) and i dont really feel a difference after that. But if i dont have the time to run through some hard quick runs, up and down the rpm range in different gears, i give it 2 days max. If i feel something is not right with the car, i go back to the tuner to see if they first feel what im describing and its not just in my head and second re-tune.

what is the feeling? does it feel slower than before? Is the tune correct for the mods you have done? Have you done a before and after dyno to see what kind of gains you got?
Old 12-19-2013, 07:47 PM

C63 AMG
Thanks, I haven't really had a chance to drive the car that much or that hard, but in general it just seems more sluggish and less responsive, like I have to step on the gas harder or push the pedal farther to get it to accelerate. I guess I feel like before just flexing my toes even in C in 7th got the car to jump forward and now I really have to move my whole foot. The retune for the headers came right from Eurocharged, so I am assuming it is correct, but I may try installing it again. Haven't done any dyno runs.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:09 AM

2008 C63
Originally Posted by ozsn
Thanks, I haven't really had a chance to drive the car that much or that hard, but in general it just seems more sluggish and less responsive, like I have to step on the gas harder or push the pedal farther to get it to accelerate. I guess I feel like before just flexing my toes even in C in 7th got the car to jump forward and now I really have to move my whole foot. The retune for the headers came right from Eurocharged, so I am assuming it is correct, but I may try installing it again. Haven't done any dyno runs.
I have the same thing. Tried re flashing it nothing changed.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM

C63 507
What about the whole "disconnect the battery overnight" thing on any new flash to effectuate? Have seen that mentioned in multiple places. Was actually going to ask in a new thread is this needed, optional or what?
Old 12-20-2013, 03:40 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Giedreb
What about the whole "disconnect the battery overnight" thing on any new flash to effectuate? Have seen that mentioned in multiple places. Was actually going to ask in a new thread is this needed, optional or what?
I had to do that for my tune to run 100%.
Mainly for the shifting. It was shifting all funky until I unplugged the battery overnight.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:56 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Giedreb
I guess I will try reflashing the ECU and disconnecting the battery.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Try six high speed runs to redline (or close to it). That'll probably do it.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:44 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Yes, disconnect battery overnight and re connect in the morning and drive.

It will clear adaptations so that the next 50-100 miles the car can re adapt (-:

PM if there are any more questions !
Old 12-21-2013, 05:56 PM

C63 507
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
Yes, disconnect battery overnight and re connect in the morning and drive. It will clear adaptations so that the next 50-100 miles the car can re adapt (-: PM if there are any more questions !
Is this required in every tuning scenario or only in cases where there seem to be issues or lack of improvement?