Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS5 vs M3 vs C63 owner POV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
Well I am open to any question regarding the vehicles. Feel free to ask anything...

I hope I made most things clear, and explained well enough....
Old 01-04-2014, 04:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JBs C63 PP( wifes car ), Mc Laren Pxx(toy), 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 ( DD ), ML 6.3 ( winter DD )...
Originally Posted by pcpedroariel
Well I am open to any question regarding the vehicles. Feel free to ask anything...

I hope I made most things clear, and explained well enough....
You did a good job here, so dont worry!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:51 PM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
Originally Posted by vsix
You did a good job here, so dont worry!
Thanks man. I thought too (without been a show off) although I just wanted to help anyone with any doubt they had. So far I am pretty happy with the three although the C63 gave me a bit of a headache.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
someone should sticky this thread..it's actually really good and has a ton of good info, thanks pcpedroariel we all appreciate it, don't worry about being a show off..the way you present yourself isn't close to being show off

what headache did the c63 give you?

Last edited by avery.whss; 01-04-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:06 PM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
Originally Posted by avery.whss
someone should sticky this thread..it's actually really good and has a ton of good info, thanks pcpedroariel we all appreciate it, don't worry about being a show off..the way you present yourself isn't close to being show off

what headache did the c63 give you?
Thanks man. Ask for the moderators, I am trying to convince them to change the name to RS5 vs C63 vs M3 POV owners, LOL..

The C63 limp mode was a pain as I was getting it on the road. I created a thread Overheating issues Brazil, which shows how pissed and ridiculous the issue became. Although Mercedes was helpful.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:31 PM

2013 C63 P31
I envy the fact that you have the cars to even make this write up. None the less, very good write up. I completely agree with everything you say in comparison with the m and 63 as I drive m3's a lot. But good to know that the rs5 lacks the sporty feel. Would've never guessed that.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:31 AM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
Originally Posted by Scottie46
I envy the fact that you have the cars to even make this write up. None the less, very good write up. I completely agree with everything you say in comparison with the m and 63 as I drive m3's a lot. But good to know that the rs5 lacks the sporty feel. Would've never guessed that.
Thanks man. I really liked the the three cars. They are all fun and pleasing in different ways but yes the RS5 feels more like a luxury car than a sports car.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:55 AM

JBs C63 PP( wifes car ), Mc Laren Pxx(toy), 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 ( DD ), ML 6.3 ( winter DD )...
Thanks man. I thought too (without been a show off) although I just wanted to help anyone with any doubt they had. So far I am pretty happy with the three although the C63 gave me a bit of a headache.
You are welcome brother!!!
Theres no show off, so dont even worry about that!
I see it this way when you, me or others post here what they have, it should be seen as an motivation for others, not as a show off. We do not show off!!!
You know when we do such, Id like others to start thinking and make their own successful way.
As I always say, as long as you got the right mindset and goal everything in life is possible, right? ;-)
So to all looking our threads...yes you also can achieve everything you dream of in your life!
Work hard, dont get distracted...and skys the limit!

Same as you Ive been testing these cars HARD on a german racetrack ( Hockenheimring) and comparing a few weeks earlier the C63, the M3 E92 and instead of an Audi I did the new 2013 Mustang GT 5.0, I ended up with the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0.
I had the RS5 before the comparison and allready knew its more of an luxury car then an sports car.
I wish myself someone sticky your thread as it is great, really great informative review :-)
Oh and if you ever get your hands on an 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 let us know what you think of that incredible allround talent!
Cheers from germany!
Attached Thumbnails RS5 vs M3 vs C63 owner POV-image.jpg  

Last edited by vsix; 01-05-2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:43 AM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
You are welcome brother!!!
Theres no show off, so dont even worry about that!
I see it this way when you, me or others post here what they have, it should be seen as an motivation for others, not as a show off. We do not show off!!!
You know when we do such, Id like others to start thinking and make their own successful way.
As I always say, as long as you got the right mindset and goal everything in life is possible, right? ;-)
So to all looking our threads...yes you also can achieve everything you dream of in your life!
Work hard, dont get distracted...and skys the limit!

Same as you Ive been testing these cars HARD on a german racetrack ( Hockenheimring) and comparing a few weeks earlier the C63, the M3 E92 and instead of an Audi I did the new 2013 Mustang GT 5.0, I ended up with the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0.
I had the RS5 before the comparison and allready knew its more of an luxury car then an sports car.
I wish myself someone sticky your thread as it is great, really great informative review :-)
Oh and if you ever get your hands on an 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 let us know what you think of that incredible allround talent!
Cheers from germany!
I totally agree with you. With the right mindset, motivation and work you get there.

Now talking about the Mustang, I like the car. For me the 2013 version is very beautiful and relates well to the past. It is a nice car on the other hand Ford does not bring it to Brazil, people import it here. So there is no way I can buy one thanks to Fords stupidity. I drove a 2013 Boss Laguna Seca 302. Honestly I liked it, but the price was absurd especially considering the other cars I have. Inside the Mustang lacks the german car feel. Although engine wise it is pretty fast. The suspension was interesting as it offers great cornering abilities without being that harsh. The transmission though was disappointing the automatic tranny is slow and paddle commands are totally ignored. I believe the 5.0 GT is probably better as it has more features and costs more as well. I am not sure I would take it over any of the Germans, I need to test one to think about it.

Although I am pretty happy with my car choices.

Cheers from Brazil.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:47 AM

Same thing with us in europe! If you want an 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 you import t on your own or buy a new allready imported Mustang, wich exceeds easely the price of an C63.
Funny thing is I heard that officially the Mustang gonna be available worldwide in 2015.
Now to your expierience with the Boss 302. What gets me and please dont understand that wrong, as I respect your will to share here alot, is that you test drove an:
1.) 2013 Mustang Boss 302
2.) automatic
1.) & 2.) doesnt match together, because there are no Boss 302s available in automatic, Ford doesnt offers the 302 Boss with an automatic, they are all manuals.
Wich brings me to the conclusion, wich isnt a bad thing, so as mentioned dont take it the wrong way, your statement that you actually liked the suspension, wasnt referd to the Boss 302. I asume you had an basic Mustang 2013 GT 5.0?
Like I had on the Hockenheimring?
I stated on my review that the suspension of the stock 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 was superrior and is not comparable with any older Mustang models. It was really surprising for me that the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 felt better in corners, had more feedback, then the C63 and M3.
As for the sluggish transmission of the Mustang:
Did put the six-speed automatic into S mode?
The second you do that, you turn Mr. Hyde into Mr. Jekyll, the transmission shiftpoints are so precise, wether downshifts before curves or upshifts on straights. The only car that could outperform this transmission was the M3s dual clutch tranny. The C63 lacked in transmission response...it was very unprecise...and at one point went into limp mode ( infamous headbolt issue )
Of course driving the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 on the street does make every automatic transmission, due to its adaptive feature, feel slugglish.
It is really a bummer you didnt tried it on the racetrack...whole different game there....you should try it nxt time on the race track!

Last edited by vsix; 01-05-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:17 AM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
Same thing with us in europe! If you want an 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 you import t on your own or buy a new allready imported Mustang, wich exceeds easely the price of an C63.
Funny thing is I heard that officially the Mustang gonna be available worldwide in 2015.
Now to your expierience with the Boss 302. What gets me and please dont understand that wrong, as I respect your will to share here alot, is that you test drove an:
1.) 2013 Mustang Boss 302
2.) automatic
1.) & 2.) doesnt match together, because there are no Boss 302s available in automatic, Ford doesnt offers the 302 Boss with an automatic, they are all manuals.
Wich brings me to the conclusion, wich isnt a bad thing, so as mentioned dont take it the wrong way, your statement that you actually liked the suspension, wasnt referd to the Boss 302. I asume you had an basic Mustang 2013 GT 5.0?
Like I had on the Hockenheimring?
I stated on my review that the suspension of the stock 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 was superrior and is not comparable with any older Mustang models. It was really surprising for me that the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 felt better in corners, had more feedback, then the C63 and M3.
As for the sluggish transmission of the Mustang:
Did put the six-speed automatic into S mode?
The second you do that, you turn Mr. Hyde into Mr. Jekyll, the transmission shiftpoints are so precise, wether downshifts before curves or upshifts on straights. The only car that could outperform this transmission was the M3s dual clutch tranny. The C63 lacked in transmission response...it was very unprecise...and at one point went into limp mode ( infamous headbolt issue )
Of course driving the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 on the street does make every automatic transmission, due to its adaptive feature, feel slugglish.
It is really a bummer you didnt tried it on the racetrack...whole different game there....you should try it nxt time on the race track!
You were right I drove a Mustang GT. I confused it as especially there are no auto or 2013/14 Mustang Boss 302. Sorry for my confusion. I drove it in D as the import dealership manager who went on the test drive with me did not let me really drive it in sport or with TC off. I drove a Laguna Seca as well about a month ago. I confused my impression of both as I drive a lot of cars LOL. To choose this three I drove 50different vehicles. I have a video of the exhaust of the Laguna Seca in my PC. I like the stangs, but as Fords extreme ignorance to not bring car is causing prices to get abusive and maintenance ridiculous I decided not to risk it. Another thing is Mustangs do not perform as well here do to the 25% alcohol gasoline here so in both I found the engine great but no better than the C63s one. I loved the brutal sound though and the suspension in both. Unfortunately as I discarded the option I forgot some details of driving the car. But I will try it again sometime soon.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:14 PM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS

You were right I drove a Mustang GT. I confused it as especially there are no auto or 2013/14 Mustang Boss 302. Sorry for my confusion. I drove it in D as the import dealership manager who went on the test drive with me did not let me really drive it in sport or with TC off. I drove a Laguna Seca as well about a month ago. I confused my impression of both as I drive a lot of cars LOL. To choose this three I drove 50different vehicles. I have a video of the exhaust of the Laguna Seca in my PC. I like the stangs, but as Fords extreme ignorance to not bring car is causing prices to get abusive and maintenance ridiculous I decided not to risk it. Another thing is Mustangs do not perform as well here do to the 25% alcohol gasoline here so in both I found the engine great but no better than the C63s one. I loved the brutal sound though and the suspension in both. Unfortunately as I discarded the option I forgot some details of driving the car. But I will try it again sometime soon.
There were a couple of cars I fell in love with, true sport vehicles....

BMW 1M 2012, I just could not buy it because the car was sold before I had a chance. It was a 2012 1.800km one. Great fun car. I loved it. True brutal car, something which BMW has stopped doing. I can post impressions later on if you guys want on any of them comparing it to the other three...

Jaguar F-Type V6 2014, stunning vehicle, unfortunately it was too expensive to buy as the V6S version costs 200.000$. I loved the engine sound and looks. If I had the cash I would take it over the M3. Although it will be a tough battle down the road if I sell two cars versus the E63 and Carrera 4S.

Mercedes E63 AMG 2014 - Another car I just loved driving and being inside it. It does have a great feel unlike others 4 wheel drive and is fantastic to be in. I also loved the fact that it is 4 wheel drive yet very tail happy. Marvellous car. Again could not afford it as well but in the near future I might be getting one selling two cars.

Jaguar XFR 2012 - It is a marvellous piece of machinery. Fast precise and again a car that you get inside and feel everything that is going on. I was buying it over the RS5 but again it was sold before I had the chance to buy it.

Porsche Boxster S 2013 - One of the best chassis in the world for the time being. In corners it is perfect. The engine though lacks power, and the price here does not help either. 200.000$

Porsche Carrera 4S 2013 - One of the best cars I have ever driven. It is fun yet techinical at the same time. Only issues were the engine too weak compared to the powerful C63 and ths price again. Although I loved it.

Cars which I drove and liked but were just Meh in terms of sport vehicle characteristics:

BMW M5 F10 2012/2013 - Very good car although I found it to be like the RS5, not sporty enough.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:06 PM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
So my friend vsix. Talked to a mate who owns a import car dealer ship. He has a Mustang GT 5.0 for sale, with 3.000miles, which he owned. It is 2013, and he will lend me the car for a couple of days. I will then get a good feel of how it runs, and compare it to the others.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:27 PM

So my friend vsix. Talked to a mate who owns a import car dealer ship. He has a Mustang GT 5.0 for sale, with 3.000miles, which he owned. It is 2013, and he will lend me the car for a couple of days. I will then get a good feel of how it runs, and compare it to the others.
Brazo!

Now thats is freaking amazing!!!!

Heres a little food for thought...
Old 01-05-2014, 01:31 PM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
How did you get it to be so economical???????

Is it that economical all the time?
Old 01-05-2014, 01:33 PM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
http://s998.photobucket.com/user/pcp...stang.mp4.html

Exhaust Laguna Seca Boss 302
Old 01-05-2014, 01:37 PM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
Mustang Laguna Seca Baus 302

Old 01-05-2014, 01:43 PM

How did you get it to be so economical???????

Is it that economical all the time?
Its the german autobahn ariel, the german autobahn, long distances and the cruize control on :-)
Old 01-05-2014, 01:47 PM

Beautyful 2013 Boss Laguna Seca!

When I stomp on it, track use only... it looks likes this :-)
Old 01-05-2014, 02:34 PM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
Beautyful 2013 Boss Laguna Seca!

When I stomp on it, track use only... it looks likes this :-)
Ok that is more like it. Brazilian roads are very sloppy no way to get that fuel economy. I picked up the Mustang now to drive it LOL. I will tell you how it goes, although we are totally off topic, but first impressions were pretty good...

Last edited by pcpedroariel; 01-05-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:39 PM

Ok that is more like it. Brazilian roads are very sloppy no way to get that fuel economy. I picked up the Mustang now to drive it LOL. I will tell you how it goes, although we are totally off topic, but first impressions were pretty good...
God bless you man, cant await to see & hear your review!
Maybe you can open up another thread for it.
Have fun!

PS: Do a short vid, its good for others as a reference ;-)

Last edited by vsix; 01-05-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:19 PM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
God bless you man, cant await to see & hear your review!
Maybe you can open up another thread for it.
Have fun!

PS: Do a short vid, its good for others as a reference ;-)
For great contentment I drove the car under a million different conditions. I have made some pics and I am pretty pleased with it although full review is coming tommorow. Exhaust video as well, as I only managed to take pictures in noise restricted places so unfortunately no cold starts or revs
Attached Thumbnails RS5 vs M3 vs C63 owner POV-forumrunner_20140105_211908.png   RS5 vs M3 vs C63 owner POV-forumrunner_20140105_211917.png   RS5 vs M3 vs C63 owner POV-forumrunner_20140105_211926.png   RS5 vs M3 vs C63 owner POV-forumrunner_20140105_211939.png   RS5 vs M3 vs C63 owner POV-forumrunner_20140105_211947.png  

Last edited by pcpedroariel; 01-06-2014 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:23 AM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
So here it is the awaited review:

Mustang GT: In the last moments of the afternoon yesterday, I took the muscle car to the roads. What do I have to say?
I set off in my usual cruising speed of 100mph (160km/h) and well, I liked the steering connection to the ground, and the suspension which absorbed the imperfections well, without leaving the car, unstable. The suspension is marvellous, it is just as good as the M3 one, which impressed me. The engine has a lot of torque down below, as it would keep 100mph at a mere 2.600rpm. The transmission is pretty good as well on D, for cruising, always keeping low rpms, and lowering gears well when needed. Although frankly under WOT, the V8 is less powerful than I expected it to be. It is as fast as the M3, but it is no match to the C63 and RS5. In S, VSIX you were right. The car changes, in S, it becomes way more responsive and faster, and in the back hilly roads here, with tranny on S and ESP-OFF, I was able to get some beautiful oversteer, and back end out. In S I dare say it is faster than the M3, although slower than the other two. Fuel consumption was impressively good (for a V8), I managed 25mpg.The car has great handling, and is extremely fun to drive. For the price, there is only one other piece of machinery equally fun, the 1M. Although in the end I remembered what made me cross out this car. Refinement. The interior speedometer looks good, but the display for fuel consumption and other information is pathetically small, very hard to see. Although that is acceptable. What is not acceptable is the quality of the materials used inside. I drove a basic 5.0GT, maybe that is why, but the interior is made mostly out of plastic. Everywhere I looked there was some cheap quality plastic. And that causes a issue, as in Brazil warm weather, the plastic dilatates, and that causes squeaks, and some other noises, which irritated. The other issue is the noise. Cruising at 100mph, the tires are exceedingly noisy. Then I found out why. The car had high performance tires, which support up to 200mph, but then, made incredible amounts of noise. I believe your car came with different tires, or you changed it, as the stock Pirellis PZERO are too loud. I searched the web, and saw that there are many other tires, from Continental and Goodyear which are just as good for hardcore driving yet a lot more quiet. Already advised my mate to change the tires, and he agreed. LOL

Overall I really liked the car. I drove a SS Camaro V8 recentely, and the Mustang sure is much better. Would I take it over the C63, RS5 or M3?

I am not sure. I actually liked it just as much as the main rival here in Brazil, the 1M. Between the two I would not know how to proceed and which one to choose. I liked the Mustang a lot, maybe if I drove it in a track like our good friend vsix, I would get a totally different feel, but on the road, it does not match the C63.

PS: vsix which C63 did you drive? The after facelift ones, had many chassis improvement. I have already killed a pre facelift pretty bad on a hilly road, and the guy sure knew how to drive....

The M3 after 2011, as well had some chassis improvement.

Last edited by pcpedroariel; 01-06-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:46 AM

This is a great review my friend!

It was a 2010 C63.

Wifey wants to go out shopping.

Will get back at you, later :-)
Old 01-06-2014, 06:51 AM

C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
This is a great review my friend!

It was a 2010 C63.

Wifey wants to go out shopping.

Will get back at you, later :-)
Thanks bro

I got a ton of videos now as well.... Done them now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: RS5 vs M3 vs C63 owner POV