***EAST COAST 1/2 MILE ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LostMarine
Snow is not the issue, the ground underneath is. Safety is always first and foremost.
There is no way for any vehicle to race on the course as it lays right now. The same decision to reschedule would have been made if we had rain, snow, or adversely low temperatures.

New date is Friday July 11th

You mean the same electronic way they found out about the event? like Email /FB/Forum and phone?
I understand snow is t the issue! I presented 3 options that would allow the race to continue on. Why would not one of them be able to happen?
But we don't have rain or snow or adversely low temps in the forecast, instead we have a situation that was completely avoidable!
Yes the same electronic way, I haven't received an email on this I caught it on this forum and I don't have Facebook, but keep in mind not everyone is attached to their electronic device like others.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Yeah man i finally found a ticket n all of a sudden canceled 4 days before.... I cant make July either u should offer a refund because its such a short notice
Old 04-01-2014, 06:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Blown M3
Originally Posted by BK63amg
If snow wasn't the issue then why is snow cited as the reason they weren't able to inspect the track. Wouldn't you agree that 3 days out from the event is cutting it a little close for a preliminary inspection to ensure the road conditions were safe for racing?
This is not the preliminary inspection, it is the final inspection. According to Pocono, this happens every year, but never this bad and has always been ready to go. Has never happened to this extent, as they would have not given up the dates.

No one could see the extent to which the ground was sunken until the snow melted. If you check the weather, today was the warmest it has been in months, so it is the best indication of how the surface would be prior saturday.

To make a call earlier, with insufficient information, would have angered just as many people for not holding out longer, just the same as waiting until the day prior would have angered more people for not deciding sooner. The situation is what it is.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:46 PM

Blown M3
Originally Posted by Autosport7
I understand snow is t the issue! I presented 3 options that would allow the race to continue on. Why would not one of them be able to happen?
But we don't have rain or snow or adversely low temps in the forecast, instead we have a situation that was completely avoidable!
Yes the same electronic way, I haven't received an email on this I caught it on this forum and I don't have Facebook, but keep in mind not everyone is attached to their electronic device like others.

There are no 3 options as that line is in the middle of the front straight, not near the roll race start or finish. It will be at the 1000' mark in either direction.
You tell me how ground sinking is avoidable? Im all ears. As for notification, you know, via one the mediums that we use to promote the event, so the process for rescheduling is working just the same.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LostMarine
This is not the preliminary inspection, it is the final inspection. According to Pocono, this happens every year, but never this bad and has always been ready to go. Has never happened to this extent, as they would have not given up the dates.

No one could see the extent to which the ground was sunken until the snow melted. If you check the weather, today was the warmest it has been in months, so it is the best indication of how the surface would be prior saturday.

To make a call earlier, with insufficient information, would have angered just as many people for not holding out longer, just the same as waiting until the day prior would have angered more people for not deciding sooner. The situation is what it is.
Lost Marine, I disagree whole heatedly here as individuals who have already traveled o then travel again would not have had to take vacation time and drive long distances for no reason.
I get what your saying that safety is number one, but there are options, this isn't a PTA meeting that 6 board members attend.
I can not attend July 11th, please refund my driver and (2) spectator passes. I will follow this up with a pm to my Paypal.
Thank you.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Blown M3
Lost Marine, I disagree whole heatedly here as individuals who have already traveled o then travel again would not have had to take vacation time and drive long distances for no reason.
I get what your saying that safety is number one, but there are options, this isn't a PTA meeting that 6 board members attend.
I can not attend July 11th, please refund my driver and (2) spectator passes. I will follow this up with a pm to my Paypal.
Thank you.
Listen, I hear you. I can assure you no one is more frustrated than us, there are well over 500 people that this is affecting.

First I need you to understand this:
1. There are never any refunds with racing events, we go above and beyond by offering secondary dates
2. I understand your concern and we are working on a few things that should satisfy everyone.

hold tight
Old 04-01-2014, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Lm. NO biggie I guess I have more time to install my new toys.

Guys give him some credit for setting this event up and hope they set up more events like this bc you guys have no idea what it take to set something up like this .
Old 04-01-2014, 07:17 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
I have a house about 2 min from the raceway and I know what the roads are like. There is snow all around there. My backyard is still covered in 4-6 inches of snow/ice. There isn't much he can do about that. Sucks about the refunds though!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
If anyone wants to join me at Etown I'll be spending my Saturday there and having fun.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
wont be in the country for the new date... If someone is interested in buying my ticket, I just need to contact slipstream right?

mthis whats happening at Etown, i heard there was drifting that weekend I wanna try it lol
Old 04-01-2014, 07:28 PM

Blown M3
Originally Posted by natman316
wont be in the country for the new date... If someone is interested in buying my ticket, I just need to contact slipstream right?

mthis whats happening at Etown, i heard there was drifting that weekend I wanna try it lol
Yes, people can still transfer, that is part of what we are working on. just as many people want to buy passes still, as those of you that want refunds. Sit tight, we're not looking to disappoint just because we have adverse conditions
Old 04-01-2014, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by mthis
If anyone wants to join me at Etown I'll be spending my Saturday there and having fun.
Test and tune?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by natman316

I have no clue I just know they open and I made plans to race and I'm going to race somewhere Saturday lol
Old 04-01-2014, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by BK63amg

Test and tune?
might be
I'm going full interior and 18s just to see what it runs like that.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 PM

Blown M3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 04-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 040 Black C63, 2009 Arctic White G55, 2012 Storm Red CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by mthis
I'll join you. What time will you be heading over?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Thank you for doing that. I understand the effort and commitment to organizing the event and its for a great cause. Would have loved to join you guys in July but I will be out of the country unfortunately
Old 04-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Damn that sucks!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
July its going to be sizzling hot! I was really looking forward to this. Very disappointed.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
July its going to be sizzling hot! I was really looking forward to this. Very disappointed.
I was really looking forward to racing side by side with u jon.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Anyone that is complaining in this thread shouldn't be involved in anytype of racing.. With racing you take the good with the bad.. I drove from ny to Sebring raceway to find out that my diff was worn out these things happen, ask dads how many trips he's made to not race. At least you didn't show up Saturday morning and find out.... you cannot control weather or effects of weather Mthis and I have traveled to Mir and atco and been rained out fogged out or just plain old crappy day. Get used to it! Give Steve credit for even giving you guys the opertunity to have this type of fun in the first place.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Red face

Originally Posted by dodger63
Anyone that is complaining in this thread shouldn't be involved in anytype of racing.. With racing you take the good with the bad.. I drove from ny to Sebring raceway to find out that my diff was worn out these things happen, ask dads how many trips he's made to not race. At least you didn't show up Saturday morning and find out.... you cannot control weather or effects of weather Mthis and I have traveled to Mir and atco and been rained out fogged out or just plain old crappy day. Get used to it! Give Steve credit for even giving you guys the opertunity to have this type of fun in the first place.
So you're not a ticket holder, no vested interest in this particular event, but since you have experience with event cancellations that gives you the right to tell us not to be disappointed and complain a bit? You and the E.C. Act like no complaints were going to come up over this.
The difference here is, your diff was bad (no ones fault other than your own), rain, fog, snow, temps, all things that are non avoidable. An issue with the track caused by snow is repairable and or allows for other options. Don't just throw in the towel, get it fixed.
Guys I'm not trying to be a deuce here, just merely trying to find other avenues to make the event happen. I am in the general contracting business and yes these things do happen, it is how you proceed that matters. Asphalt plants are open, call a local contractor, get him out there and get it repaired, very simple.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Then again, with all the work that went into this, I am sure Steve and his crew optioned everything out and probably figured moving the date was best.
Guys I didn't mean to come across as an un-appreciating assho, I am just disappointed as well as hundreds of others I guess and have a lot invested in this with friends who have already traveled to make this event and such.
I also have a different personality then some, when I am hit with adversity, I do my best to persevere, and to me this is a small, very correctable issue at hand.

To others this is a huge deal, they will probably get engineers involved to assess the soft zone, have test bore samples taken, engineer it to death, to then put the job out for bid, giving the job to the lowest most competent contractor with the best price, spending 10 times the amount had they just got a paver to come in, overexcavate the soft zone 2'-3', backfill it with 57 stone to subgrade and match the existing pavement surfaces - DONE in a day!
Their way - $100K - $150K
My way - $15K - $25K

Also Steve, I along with others I am sure, are thankful for the refund option, and do thank you for your efforts. Frustration got the best of me and my apologies go out to you. I didn't notice the refund option until telling my wife I would be leaving our Myrtle Beach vacation a few days early to attend the new date, so I will see what happens. How long do we have to make the decision of a refund?

Last edited by Autosport7; 04-02-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
So you're not a ticket holder, no vested interest in this particular event, but since you have experience with event cancellations that gives you the right to tell us not to be disappointed and complain a bit? You and the E.C. Act like no complaints were going to come up over this.
The difference here is, your diff was bad (no ones fault other than your own), rain, fog, snow, temps, all things that are non avoidable. An issue with the track caused by snow is repairable and or allows for other options. Don't just throw in the towel, get it fixed.
Guys I'm not trying to be a deuce here, just merely trying to find other avenues to make the event happen. I am in the general contracting business and yes these things do happen, it is how you proceed that matters. Asphalt plants are open, call a local contractor, get him out there and get it repaired, very simple.
It gives me the right yes.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Then again, with all the work that went into this, I am sure Steve and his crew optioned everything out and probably figured moving the date was best.
Guys I didn't mean to come across as an un-appreciating assho, I am just disappointed as well as hundreds of others I guess and have a lot invested in this with friends who have already traveled to make this event and such.
I also have a different personality then some, when I am hit with adversity, I do my best to persevere, and to me this is a small, very correctable issue at hand.

To others this is a huge deal, they will probably get engineers involved to assess the soft zone, have test bore samples taken, engineer it to death, to then put the job out for bid, giving the job to the lowest most competent contractor with the best price, spending 10 times the amount had they just got a paver to come in, overexcavate the soft zone 2'-3', backfill it with 57 stone to subgrade and match the existing pavement surfaces - DONE in a day!
Their way - $100K - $150K
My way - $15K - $25K

Also Steve, I along with others I am sure, are thankful for the refund option, and do thank you for your efforts. Frustration got the best of me and my apologies go out to you. I didn't notice the refund option until telling my wife I would be leaving our Myrtle Beach vacation a few days early to attend the new date, so I will see what happens. How long do we have to make the decision of a refund?
Throw a temporary patch on a track that has cars going in excess of 100+ miles an hour over it sounds reasonable!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***EAST COAST 1/2 MILE ***