C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Non P31 tuning & exhaust options???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG sedan
Non P31 tuning & exhaust options???

Hi Guys, still new on here. I have a 09 w204 sedan, just ordered a some k & n 's for it. Im looking into a tune and catback exhaust for it. I don't want to cheap out but still want to be wise with how I spend the money and where.. I have seen a OE tune (p31) with k&n filters make 64whp on the dyno and would be very satisfied with those numbers for the price of doing so. I just want some words from the wise... Is there a better way to go?

Now for the exhaust, akrapovik is known as a great system but I stumbled across agency power valve controlled exhaust on YouTube and for the price seems great and sounds amazing!

Oh almost forgot....light weight crank pulley!!!???

Looking for constructive and helpful criticism as I'm a new owner of this car and want to make it perfect (with somewhat of a budget in mind)

Thanks guys!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
The cost of my eurocharged tune, and used mhp headers damn near made me want to puke, compared to purchasing similar stuff for domestic vehicles, but after spending 2K for the headers and a little under 1k for the tune, I can say that I'm as happy as can be! There's no way headers and a tune could have shaved a second and a half off of either my supercharged 04 Cobra, or supercharged 03 Lightning. So to say my C63 responded well to these two mods would be a huge under-statement.

Headers and tune, and soon after you're gonna want some drag radials out back to get the power to the ground, I used Nittos.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:16 AM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
Here's a link to a thread I recently posted about my gains from my mods in better detail.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...k-current.html
Old 02-16-2014, 11:24 AM

2009 C63 AMG sedan
So just headers? No mid pipes and catback?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:26 AM

2009 C63 AMG sedan
Wait.. You mentioned eurocharged tune above but in the link you just sent me your profile says OE tune?
Old 02-16-2014, 02:48 PM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by ZC63
Wait.. You mentioned eurocharged tune above but in the link you just sent me your profile says OE tune?
I looked and I can't see where my sig mentioned OE tune, but TTA850's surely does. It really doesn't matter as I'm sure they're very similar. I'd wait for a reputable tuner like those to have a sale on their tuning, and save yourself a couple hundred bones. just a fyi, I was also pretty impressed with just the "tune" alone, before adding the headers. Took me from a 13.7 to a 13.2 at my 6500' altitude!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:54 PM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
So just headers? No mid pipes and catback?
Most headers for these cars come with mid-pipes to get the pipes from the headers to the factory resonator. This is what I did, and it sounds phenominal imo, and the gains are there even with the factory resonator and cat-back exhaust. Don't hesitate to call the popular header companys and discuss your options if/when you become serious about buying a set. Most offer cats as well, but it adds a bit to the price.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:57 PM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
I wish you lived closer to enable you to check my car out and see for yourself. Another thing that helps me financially is that I performed the install myself, so figure in an extra grand or two to install them, if your not into doing it yourself.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
I have the AP headers for a while now. Ordered the AP catback and should be here tuesday, i can fill you in on personal experience on wed. So far, my car was sluggish because my headers wern't installed properly and my exhaust was leaking, it's still in the shop getting fixed. I also have a eurocharged tune, and it's great, OE has been MIA for a while with some issues with tons of clients, and i've also heard of OE tunes being unsafe for our cars so tread carefully. Jerry at EC will definitely hook you up, great tune, outstanding customer service had it on my 09 and now my '13
Old 02-16-2014, 10:31 PM

2009 C63 AMG sedan
Thanks guys for the info it starts to shoot me in the right direction. About AP... Some local retailer here said AP was cheap crap, but what I saw in YouTube yesterday, I was convinced that it looks good and sounds good and the price is right. I love the option of valve control. Keep me posted and post vids!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
don't get headers, so loud..i have straight pipes (2nd cat delete) and it's pretty loud...unless you wanna be waking up the city instead of the block, just get 2nd cat delete with straight pipes, a tune is worth it for sure, I gained around 70HP from a tune

heres headers

videos don't do it justice, it's probably 20x louder when you're there in person
Old 02-16-2014, 10:38 PM

Thanks guys for the info it starts to shoot me in the right direction. About AP... Some local retailer here said AP was cheap crap, but what I saw in YouTube yesterday, I was convinced that it looks good and sounds good and the price is right. I love the option of valve control. Keep me posted and post vids!!!
I don't know about cheap crap? Helping a fellow member out so you should know that the IPE is twice the price and EXACTLY the same product. . Ill post a video of it on this thread the second it's installed. One of my friends had it on his edition one, full headers and catback for 2 years with no issues and it sounded GREAT and loud when you wanted it to! You do lose that AMG bark though but i liked it, personal preference. Video's don't do it justice, if you were anywhere close to NOVA i'd be happy to let you hear it in person. Im sure some canadians have that set-up, maybe you can meet up with someone!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by avery.whss
don't get headers, so loud..i have straight pipes (2nd cat delete) and it's pretty loud...unless you wanna be waking up the city instead of the block, just get 2nd cat delete with straight pipes, a tune is worth it for sure, I gained around 70HP from a tune

heres headers

C63 Amg LOUD!!! MHP - YouTube

videos don't do it justice, it's probably 20x louder when you're there in person
I still don't get why people say headers are too loud lol. No disrespect, but on C mode, it sounds stock/equivalent to a resonator or a secondary cat delete unless youre on it. That's definitely a decatted header c63 which is why it's so loud. But if it being loud is a problem, a valvetronic would fix that issue! . Someone also posted a thread here of how they found a solution to fixing that loudness problem also
Old 02-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
I still don't get why people say headers are too loud lol. No disrespect, but on C mode, it sounds stock/equivalent to a resonator or a secondary cat delete unless youre on it. That's definitely a decatted header c63 which is why it's so loud. But if it being loud is a problem, a valvetronic would fix that issue! . Someone also posted a thread here of how they found a solution to fixing that loudness problem also
yeah true never thought of a valvetronic

P.S who drives in C-mode? lol

Last edited by avery.whss; 02-16-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:10 PM

2009 C63 AMG sedan
I agree that videos don't do justice because the AP valve controlled with AP headers sounded way better then a akrapovic system... True maybe... My "source" who I hardly know mentioned he's been having lots of problems and come backs on AP product..(broken welds etc)... It the end of the day a valvetronic dual cat back for $2500 on a C63 seems pretty tempting. I'm in no rush and at the same time like quiet when I want it...glad to hear the headers are a little too much. It was honestly the answer I was waiting to hear. They are loud and expensive... Though I'm not ruling them out lol
Old 02-16-2014, 11:18 PM

heres headers

C63 Amg LOUD!!! MHP - YouTube

yeah true never thought of a valvetronic

P.S who drives in C-mode? lol
When you have a fiance that hates loud cars, c mode is a must! Haha!!!

I agree that videos don't do justice because the AP valve controlled with AP headers sounded way better then a akrapovic system... True maybe... My "source" who I hardly know mentioned he's been having lots of problems and come backs on AP product..(broken welds etc)... It the end of the day a valvetronic dual cat back for $2500 on a C63 seems pretty tempting. I'm in no rush and at the same time like quiet when I want it...glad to hear the headers are a little too much. It was honestly the answer I was waiting to hear. They are loud and expensive... Though I'm not ruling them out lol
Headers are expensive yes, but best go fast mod you can do after a tune Whole new animal.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C63 2016 AMG GT S
I have the iPE full exhaust system (headers back.. with no cats). I gained 137whp with headers and a tune. With the valves closed is civil, valves open it sounds like a beast.
319whp stock,
359whp header back stock tune
456whp header back and custom tune
Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c250 coupe .2012 e550 coupe
Hi Guys, still new on here. I have a 09 w204 sedan, just ordered a some k & n 's for it. Im looking into a tune and catback exhaust for it. I don't want to cheap out but still want to be wise with how I spend the money and where.. I have seen a OE tune (p31) with k&n filters make 64whp on the dyno and would be very satisfied with those numbers for the price of doing so. I just want some words from the wise... Is there a better way to go? Now for the exhaust, akrapovik is known as a great system but I stumbled across agency power valve controlled exhaust on YouTube and for the price seems great and sounds amazing! Oh almost forgot....light weight crank pulley!!!??? Looking for constructive and helpful criticism as I'm a new owner of this car and want to make it perfect (with somewhat of a budget in mind) Thanks guys!
sell me ur factory mufflers when u get that exhaust system an headers
Old 02-17-2014, 11:17 AM

2009 C63 AMG sedan
Any OEM parts I upgrade are being kept for when it's time to sell the car