Sponsored by:

Possible purchase; input please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2014 | 01:37 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by jmueller
I consider myself a good negotiator, but by all means, come down to South Florida and take care of my purchase for me.
hey man just walk in with a big wad of cash or a check with the full amount and say take it or leave it because you have another one waiting if they don't.. i suck at negotiating but im good at walking away and making people realize they missed a good opportunity ..maybe i got lucky because the car sat in the lot for so long and they just wanted it gone
Old 02-19-2014 | 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by avery.whss
not to sure if it was over priced..it had 35,000KM on it when I bought it..although I did have to get the intake manifold replaced after I bought it, so maybe they knew it was screwed before, but yes i got atleast 17k (if you take off the manifold cost) off the orginal price because i paid it off 100%...like i said..money talks, I had to travel 4-5 hours too the dealership also, and they knew that, + the car sat in their lot for atleast a year before I came and bought it, it wasn't a MB dealer, it was some dodge dealership
I would fire this used car sales manager!
1.) No used car should sit on a lot for a year before it left for the auction! At maximum maybe 2-3 months and ship that ***** down the road.

2.) Lets say they owned the car for $55k, and they had it marked up to $60k, they then sold it to you for under $40k, they lost $15k on one car! That sales manager has no business being in his position period end!

This tells me they either bought the car so damn cheap that the universe should have sped up in its rotation just to catch up to the logic behind the moron who decided to let it go that cheap when he traded it in, or... nope that is the only explanation I can come up with!
Old 02-19-2014 | 02:11 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by Autosport7
I would fire this used car sales manager!
1.) No used car should sit on a lot for a year before it left for the auction! At maximum maybe 2-3 months and ship that ***** down the road.

2.) Lets say they owned the car for $55k, and they had it marked up to $60k, they then sold it to you for under $40k, they lost $15k on one car! That sales manager has no business being in his position period end!

This tells me they either bought the car so damn cheap that the universe should have sped up in its rotation just to catch up to the logic behind the moron who decided to let it go that cheap when he traded it in, or... nope that is the only explanation I can come up with!
yeah i agree...2-3 months max, but my car sat there for easily 8months+ because i was looking at it almost a year before i bought it...infact some of the other C63s that i were looking at last year..are still for sale from the same company, so they obviously don't sell them very often it seems in vancouver. Yeah I'd say they paid around 50-55k for it, they took a loss from me for sure, the guy who owned it before me traded in the c63 for a CTS-V i think, the reason i low balled them so hard too is because taxes were 12% back when I bought it and I didn't want to end up paying 8-9k in taxes

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...319217476.html

that car has been for sale for 1.5 years now atleast, it was for sale before my car was for sale and it's been sitting at the same dealer..i was going to buy it but wasn't keen on silver

Last edited by avery.whss; 02-19-2014 at 02:14 PM.