Sponsored by:

Diffuser install help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 507
Diffuser install help!

So I purchased a Mode Carbon Diffuser for my 507. I am a DIY kind of guy so I tried to install it myself. I got the stock one off no problems. I greased up all the tabs on the carbon one to ease them in. No matter how hard I press and push I cannot get the tabs to snap into the bumper. I can get the few around the exhaust to go in because I can grab the bumper with my hand and pull out but the ones in the middle I cant reach behind the bumper to pull on it. The major difficulty is with the U-shaped bridges that bolt the diffuser to the frame. Its almost impossible to line it up through the hole and press hard enough to sink it through the bumper and into the slot (since pressing on it makes the u shaped piece move up). At this point I feel like removing the bumper is the only way to install this thing. I am afraid I am going to crack the clear coat by pressing too hard. Any advice here? I guess if all else fails I will go to a body shop. Unfortunately I haven't had the best of experiences with my local body shops.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 T AMG PP 2012
dont remove the bumper, it will only make it more difficult. Its like 50/50 with those diffusers, some fit right on, and some needs extra fitment, even tho the company where it was bought says "it fit right on" <- right on my *** be carefull not to brake it, by pushing it to much. If your not sure, do as you sugested, visit a bodyshop
Old 02-22-2014, 10:34 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Try getting in touch with mode carbon before taking it to a body shop. Keep in mind that the diffuser doesn't sit flush like the oem piece. If you're trying too hard you might end up damaging it.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 507
Thanks, I am already in contact with Mode Carbon so we will see what happens. Exceptional customer service to respond to my questions so quickly on a weekend!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 507 Sedan
Any tips on this?

I'm having the exact same issue. OEM was a breeze to remove, but the new one is a pain to install. Feels like it's going to break, and I cant get a single tab snapped into place..