A Facelift for the Pre-Facelift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
A Facelift for the Pre-Facelift

I decided to freshen up the 2009 a bit. I had my body shop give the front end the facelift look and chrome delete all around except for the the floating star and the side 6.3 emblems. I removed the front plate holder and repaired the bumper. My dealer actually drilled holes in the bumper to mount that thing. Going with a tow hook plate holder when I need to have the plate on.

The smoked tail lights were obtained from Keith/DadsC63 -literally off of his car before the BS conversion (and crash). A little history here.

What do you think? Better pics later.....
Attached Thumbnails A Facelift for the Pre-Facelift-c63blackout2.jpg   A Facelift for the Pre-Facelift-c63blackout1.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'12 C63 Coupe - P31 - LSD - Eurocharged
Originally Posted by Case1906
I decided to freshen up the 2009 a bit. I had my body shop give the front end the facelift look and chrome delete all around except for the the floating star and the side 6.3 emblems. I removed the front plate holder and repaired the bumper. My dealer actually drilled holes in the bumper to mount that thing. Going with a tow hook plate holder when I need to have the plate on.

The smoked tail lights were obtained from Keith/DadsC63 -literally off of his car before the BS conversion (and crash). A little history here.

What do you think? Better pics later.....
NICE! Not a huge fan of blacked out rears though.. but front looks sick!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:19 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 C63 AMG (sold), 2006 M3 (sold)
Originally Posted by SwedeC63
NICE! Not a huge fan of blacked out rears though.. but front looks sick!
I agree completely, front looks awesome.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Good job but black out the grille star too. The chrome star just doesn't look right
Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
looks nice, Case. I've seen the center piece below the grilles blacked out in person before and it looked pretty good. I was thinking of just wrapping mine...I assume you painted yours, bc you said you went to your body shop.

also, I notice you have the little CF mirror pieces. where did you get yours, are they matte or glossy, and do you have a better pic of them on the car? I wanted to get those too bc I can't stand the way the stock mirrors look with that huge *** frosted plastic piece, and I didn't want to shell out for full Cf covers. this little piece seemed like a good solution to me.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
looks nice, Case. I've seen the center piece below the grilles blacked out in person before and it looked pretty good. I was thinking of just wrapping mine...I assume you painted yours, bc you said you went to your body shop.

also, I notice you have the little CF mirror pieces. where did you get yours, are they matte or glossy, and do you have a better pic of them on the car? I wanted to get those too bc I can't stand the way the stock mirrors look with that huge *** frosted plastic piece, and I didn't want to shell out for full Cf covers. this little piece seemed like a good solution to me.
Correct all the the chrome was stripped and painted. It's a perfect job. The CF mirror pieces are from Suvneer. I just never added the outside pieces. I never liked the plastic pieces either. This is a close look, you could check to see if he still has some of the CF strips:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...out-sales.html

Last edited by Case1906; 03-03-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Good job but black out the grille star too. The chrome star just doesn't look right
The chrome floating star is controversial. I do like them and I can always black it out later for a different look. Maybe I'll start a poll.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Correct all the the chrome was stripped and painted. It's a perfect job. The CF mirror pieces are from Suvneer. I just never added the outside pieces. I never liked the plastic pieces either. This is a close look, you could check to see if he still has some of the CF strips: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...out-sales.html
thanks. the thread says that Gary isn't including the little strips bc no one wanted them. I found some on eBay for around $20, one is matte, one is glossy. my car is steel grey, so I'm still trying to decide which finish to go with.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The chrome floating star is controversial. I do like them and I can always black it out later for a different look. Maybe I'll start a poll.
personally, I think an all black grille only looks good with black or dark wheels. I also prefer the grille to be one solid color.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 C63 AMG (sold), 2006 M3 (sold)
Yea, it's controversial. I also have the star in chrome but blacked out the grille. However everyone has their own personal taste. I like the look very much because I think all blacked out is too much. Just like some people like the tail lights blacked out and some do not (I do not). That's just my opinion though.

As long as the owner likes the look and is happy, that's what's important!!