C63 AMG
faster?
'Ring same driver
M5 8:12.9
C 63 8:13 (Base 451 HP car)
C 63 coupe 8:01

0-124 mph times are comparable
ancedotal evidence 'I own both' and 'feelings' does not trump hard numbers

Last edited by Ingenieur; 07-08-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by talol85
I can see that this M5 have a modified oem headers which gives 25 whp and mine is AP headers which gives 40hp

Rolling is too low that is for C63 side since it has more TQ

45 is the best rolling for the C63
Give the M5 a chance and roll in 75

Lets see the results
doesn't matter, the M5 has a gearing advantage
look at the ratio's for each in the power band at 45 mph
Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
Why are these races filmed with a potato?
X2. What model potato was used?
Old 07-08-2014, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 , M5 , M3
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
doesn't matter, the M5 has a gearing advantage
look at the ratio's for each in the power band at 45 mph
It does matter , you stopped pulling in the higher speeds 45 mph is too low in the rpm for the M5 it should be 50 but no way the M5 will pull on the C63 in low speeds

Mods ( your mods are more than what i raced ) , drivers are different , but i will say it again C63 is TQ monster and the M5 is a Top end monster

Its a roll game
Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Here is my race with my freind M6 rolling 75 the only difference between us that he have Oem modified headers

BMW ///M club gathring - YouTube
This is race with a eurocharged car getting pulled by an OE tuned car exact same model and mods. OE tune is more aggressive. I raced here with eurocharged off the shelf tune i will be switching to custom OE tune a lot more aggressive since i will datalog and adjust. He will add evolve headers and new intakes. The battle continues for now trophy is here !
Old 07-08-2014, 10:57 AM

C63 Coupe
It does matter , you stopped pulling in the higher speeds 45 mph is too low in the rpm for the M5 it should be 50 but no way the M5 will pull on the C63 in low speeds

Mods ( your mods are more than what i raced ) , drivers are different , but i will say it again C63 is TQ monster and the M5 is a Top end monster

Its a roll game
No actually if you watch the video and pay attention i started pulling again after 160 on the TOP END take a close look the camera is on a holder that is me moving away from the m5. Why would i start at 50??? I redline at 60 no reason for me to do what he wants I'm here to race not make sure the m5 gets its perfect starting speed. I wanted 40 we settled on 45. Listen once again let the video do the talking no excuses. Owner was in the chase car a bolt on e55 and after 3 runs of the same things he shook my hand like a gentleman and said you got this no doubt.

Don't you see the m5 get the hit? otherwise i would have passed right away with more torque .... You do realize I ran him to 185MPH ?!?! What more top end do you want lol c63 proved itself and realize this is c63 coupe with MCT not sedan with torque converter also some of the best aerodynamics as far as lowest drag goes.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:01 AM

C63 Coupe
I can see that this M5 have a modified oem headers which gives 25 whp and mine is AP headers which gives 40hp

Rolling is too low that is for C63 side since it has more TQ

45 is the best rolling for the C63
Give the M5 a chance and roll in 75

Lets see the results
No 40 is the best for the c63 gives me more time to hit my shift in 2nd gear and have plenty of torque to jump out the m5 is still in power band at 45.

How about we do a DIG race like a true race should be?? Thats what i want from 0-180
Old 07-08-2014, 11:27 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Ezec63
stop making excuses buddy your fan boyism got called out and proven wrong. The OEM headers on the s85 are probably the best stock headers I've ever seen and are gutted for a cat less headers. The c63 doesn't have headers they are a log manifold so big difference but I'm sure you knew that . I was on a eurocharged off the shelf map for just headers I will be getting custom tuned from OE for my intake,exhaust, throttle bodies my power isn't being maximized I still have some left on the table. He will change to evolve intakes and headers don't worry ill prove you wrong again if you promise to go hide in your hole after that video. He also runs withouts MAF's in his car that let him rev out higher and its a beast with evolves alpha-N software. The owner was very cool made no excuses and shook my hand so he doesn't need you to stand up for him LOL
I'm the fanboy? I currently own an AMG, a Porsche and 2 BMW's. Are you sure you're not the fanboy

You either compare stock for stock, or FBO with FBO. Modified OEM is not FBO. Got it?
Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by SMP
I'm the fanboy? I currently own an AMG, a Porsche and 2 BMW's. Are you sure you're not the fanboy

You either compare stock for stock, or FBO with FBO. Modified OEM is not FBO. Got it?
I got the c63, a jeep srt-8(previous x6 5.0 FBO), and corvette stingray. Atleast we know your a German fan boy LOL

Dude this is a alpha-N stage 3 car if the headers didn't do the job evolve wouldn't tune it so aggressively. Thanks for making the rules up Though I'll check with you next time lol clown. Don't worry buddy like I promised and delivered few months ago I will again I'm getting custom OE tune he will get evolve headers and new intake. I'm sure your already planning the excuses maybe the camera was to heavy in his car
Old 07-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
This is race with a eurocharged car getting pulled by an OE tuned car exact same model and mods. OE tune is more aggressive. I raced here with eurocharged off the shelf tune i will be switching to custom OE tune a lot more aggressive since i will datalog and adjust. He will add evolve headers and new intakes. The battle continues for now trophy is here !
have you tan EC V5? It's bascially the exact same to an OE tune besides the blip...I own both tuners and have compared them quite a bit..EC V4 felt kinda sluggish...EC V5 hauls ***

EC will custom tune the file..you just gotta tell jerry everything you have

Last edited by avery.whss; 07-08-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:45 PM

C63 , M5 , M3
I got the c63, a jeep srt-8(previous x6 5.0 FBO), and corvette stingray. Atleast we know your a German fan boy LOL

Dude this is a alpha-N stage 3 car if the headers didn't do the job evolve wouldn't tune it so aggressively. Thanks for making the rules up Though I'll check with you next time lol clown. Don't worry buddy like I promised and delivered few months ago I will again I'm getting custom OE tune he will get evolve headers and new intake. I'm sure your already planning the excuses maybe the camera was to heavy in his car
You nothing against EC it is a great company , i have a freind owns C63 that killed C63 with OE tunning and PP preformance

Its all advertisements nothing more , you even dont know if he knows how to shift or not or if there a tune in the car or not
Old 07-08-2014, 12:52 PM

C63 , M5 , M3
This C63 have a SLS engine 640 hp maybe more not sure against M5 with long tube headers

Old 07-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG

Its a roll game
doesn't matter
the M5 can be in a lower gear and have the same or higher torque multiplication factor

the C63 has more torque, MUCH more in the top 20% of the power band
that is the 'top end'
Old 07-08-2014, 01:14 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series

What's up with the insults? Perhaps you should re-read my original post ... I was quoting another member, not you. Besides, you didn't proof me anything. I didn't run you, nor did I ask for a vid you running someone I simply stated that modified OEM headers are not as good as tubular headers. Has nothing to do with being a fanboy ... maybe you should work on your reading comprehension so in the future you don't have to retort to insults.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:16 PM

C63 Coupe
This C63 have a SLS engine 640 hp maybe more not sure against M5 with long tube headers

E60 M5 Vs C63 Top Speed Fun - YouTube

E60 M5 vs C63 top speed fun 2 - YouTube

LOL Cmon PP Performace commented themselves and said the c63 wasn't trying that c63 is MUCH FASTER then the m5 your grasping at straws
Old 07-08-2014, 01:25 PM

C63 Coupe
<<<@!1!@>>>

Huh? OE is known to be more aggressive and Jeremy was more responsive to my request to custom tune and will send me tools necessary for it. I will also eventually run a nitrous setup 150 Shot and Jeremy has already tuned over 5 m156 with nitrous.

Actually the owner didn't even drive his car he had his buddy drive because he was better at timing the shifts perfectly as well as much lighter than the owner in weight. SO yes I do know he knows how to shift and flick a paddle.

If you think an un tuned e60 m5 can stay anywhere near my car your dreaming ! Here is a video of me racing an m6 coupe with s85 he was un tuned with charcoal delete. I was tune only with BMC Filters

So if you think an m5 which is heavier could stay near me with all the extra mods I have now I don't know what to say. Ill repeat myself again LET THE VIDEO DO THE TALKING simple as that say good run move on
Old 07-08-2014, 01:31 PM

C63 Coupe

E60 M5 Vs C63 Top Speed Fun - YouTube

E60 M5 vs C63 top speed fun 2 - YouTube

Did you not read the description of the video from PPP??

"Stock e60 M5 with limiter removed and C63 with sls engine built and tuned by PP-Performance just having some top speed fun.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A RACE. C63 is much much faster. c63 let OFF MULTIPLE TIMES to let the m5 catch up and both cars be at top speed and then accelerate"
Old 07-08-2014, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I cant justify this or that based on some posted videos produced and directed by who knows who.

I can however justify based on my personal experience through the owneship of both vehicles and by seeing personal races against eachother on equal terms; as close as possible mod wise. The outcome usually, but not always favored the M5.

The C63 makes good torque, but man that **** is heavy. The M5 seems ready to climb the MPH mountain and it just keeps pulling. I have taken mine past 200 on a few occassions and the ride is sliky smooth. On the other hand, once past 160 or so, the C63 seemt to float and feel loose...it does not give me confidence it all.

Again, I like them both for what they are, but I think the M5 is a superior platform. The C63 is not in the same category as the M5...so the little shortcomings are expected IF comparing to the M5 vehicle.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Banned

S550 on order
who the hell would take the engine out of an SLS and throw it into a C-Class? not sure if it's "cool" or stupid as hell ..they are basically the same engine minus a few differences

P.S too people who say the benz is heavy...Name 1 car with a big V8 that weights <3k pounds...stock..not gutted...pretty sure even a smart car weights close to 2,000 pounds,

HardC63...maybe something was wrong with your car...I've taken my c63 close to 300km and it drove like a dream

Last edited by avery.whss; 07-08-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:37 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by SMP
What's up with the insults? Perhaps you should re-read my original post ... I was quoting another member, not you. Besides, you didn't proof me anything. I didn't run you, nor did I ask for a vid you running someone I simply stated that modified OEM headers are not as good as tubular headers. Has nothing to do with being a fanboy ... maybe you should work on your reading comprehension so in the future you don't have to retort to insults.

Exactly I was not quoting you either I was quoting Ahmed so no need for you to come on here and start hating be respectful and I will be. And then telling me only FBO m5's with aftermarket headers can be compared "Got it"? That's rude and no I don't got it you don't make the rules funny thing is the owner had no excuses and shook my hand like a gentleman your negative input is uncalled for
Old 07-08-2014, 02:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by avery.whss
who the hell would take the engine out of an SLS and throw it into a C-Class? not sure if it's "cool" or stupid as hell ..they are basically the same engine minus a few differences

P.S too people who say the benz is heavy...Name 1 car with a big V8 that weights <3k pounds...stock..not gutted...pretty sure even a smart car weights close to 2,000 pounds,

HardC63...maybe something was wrong with your car...I've taken my c63 close to 300km and it drove like a dream

It may be smooth to you, BUT compared to the M5...the C63 is not the same. The M5 rides better to me, then again, it could be the longer wheelbase and/or the better M derived suspension settings. Remember, the M5 has suspension settings which helps it glide over bumps and when reaching terminal velocity. The 63 has hard on top of hard.

Funny, a little story to share: just this past weekend, one of my wife's friend visited, they took the Benz out shopping, her girlfriend came back saying that her milkshake (her *****) LOL were bouncing all over the place inside her bra and asked why the car ride so rough...FYI, her friend drives a Lexus and yes, she prefers the BMW ride over the 63. It may all be subjective, but there no denying that the C63 is rough riding ****.

As far as naming a car with a big V8 that is light in comparison, have you ever seen a Z06 with its 7L engine on a scale? Those cars, depending on options (1LZ or 2LZ and so on) are a little over 3,000lbs. The C63 for a small luxo car is heavy...I mean, almost 4,000 is a freaking boat. Just think, if the C63 was as light as the E92 M3, being 500 to 600 lbs lighter, boy it would really be a monster.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:13 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by HardC63
I cant justify this or that based on some posted videos produced and directed by who knows who.

I can however justify based on my personal experience through the owneship of both vehicles and by seeing personal races against eachother on equal terms; as close as possible mod wise. The outcome usually, but not always favored the M5.

The C63 makes good torque, but man that **** is heavy. The M5 seems ready to climb the MPH mountain and it just keeps pulling. I have taken mine past 200 on a few occassions and the ride is sliky smooth. On the other hand, once past 160 or so, the C63 seemt to float and feel loose...it does not give me confidence it all.

Again, I like them both for what they are, but I think the M5 is a superior platform. The C63 is not in the same category as the M5...so the little shortcomings are expected IF comparing to the M5 vehicle.
I have to respectfully disagree here bud. The c63 absolutely needs long tube headers it transforms the car since it doesn't have headers stock just a log manifold any other exhaust work won't do much. The m5 comes from the factory with unequal length tubular headers BIG difference. Once both cars are really fully modified it's a lot closer and my c63 took the edge here. Simple as that. I ran him to over 185 mph and you can see in the video started slightly pulling on him again at 160 mph watch closely the phone is on a mount I'm moving away it climbed the mph mountain just fine!

Also these runs were to 185 mph and I've done 200mph on the dash plenty of times the car feels solid as granite idk what you mean. Don't forget again you had a prefacelift sedan I have a facelift coupe they made big suspension changes. Look at the ring times the c63 coupe did over 10 seconds faster(8:01) on the same exact tires that says a lot and faster than the e60 m5 ring time. So my car and your car aren't a direct comparison you also had a stock torque converter 7G trans I have a MCT with weistec valve body and TCU upgrade another big difference.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:15 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Exactly I was not quoting you either I was quoting Ahmed so no need for you to come on here and start hating be respectful and I will be. And then telling me only FBO m5's with aftermarket headers can be compared "Got it"? That's rude and no I don't got it you don't make the rules funny thing is the owner had no excuses and shook my hand like a gentleman your negative input is uncalled for
Hate? Show me in ANY of my posts where I said something hateful. I do hate to repeat myself, but you seriously need to work on your reading comprehension.

OK, let's go back a few month. Someone in the E55 section asked for opinions on which car to buy. He was considering an E63TT, an F10 M5 or an Audi RS7. Since I own an F10 M5 I gave the OP my opinion based on first hand experience. What happened next was YOU posted how YOUR FBO C63 is faster than anything and that my M5 has heat soak problems. Where the f*ck did that come from??? The OP didn't consider buying a C63 nor did any other member bring up a C63 in the discussion. You did not contribute anything to the topic on hand, but rather went straight for my post and brought up some BS race you've supposedly had with an F10 M5 ... and you have the audacity to call me a hater? Really???
Old 07-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Banned

S550 on order
It may be smooth to you, BUT compared to the M5...the C63 is not the same. The M5 rides better to me, then again, it could be the longer wheelbase and/or the better M derived suspension settings. Remember, the M5 has suspension settings which helps it glide over bumps and when reaching terminal velocity. The 63 has hard on top of hard.

Funny, a little story to share: just this past weekend, one of my wife's friend visited, they took the Benz out shopping, her girlfriend came back saying that her milkshake (her *****) LOL were bouncing all over the place inside her bra and asked why the car ride so rough...FYI, her friend drives a Lexus and yes, she prefers the BMW ride over the 63. It may all be subjective, but there no denying that the C63 is rough riding ****.

As far as naming a car with a big V8 that is light in comparison, have you ever seen a Z06 with its 7L engine on a scale? Those cars, depending on options (1LZ or 2LZ and so on) are a little over 3,000lbs. The C63 for a small luxo car is heavy...I mean, almost 4,000 is a freaking boat. Just think, if the C63 was as light as the E92 M3, being 500 to 600 lbs lighter, boy it would really be a monster.
agreed it does ride pretty stiff and yeah i get what you mean if it was a few hundred lbs lighter...thats crazy vettes weight that much..i always figured around 3300-3400 but either way they are quick cars
Old 07-08-2014, 02:21 PM

C63 Coupe

C'mon let's be realistic a girl riding passenger can not tell you what's the best handling car lol maybe something was wrong with your car or you had the P30 package that had really rough suspension and AMG discontinued. My car rides great especially considering the sharp handling. The c63 coupe beat the e60 m5 ring time by a good amount so I wouldn't say the m suspension is better. Again you have to realize AMG made Big improvements on the facelift models not the same car you had. Also nothing can't be upgraded ;-) I'm having KW DDC coilovers installed with W-LAN module so I can control compression and rebound from my iPhone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E60 M5 Headers and tune VS C63 Headers and tune