Sponsored by:

E60 M5 Headers and tune VS C63 Headers and tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by avery.whss
agreed it does ride pretty stiff and yeah i get what you mean if it was a few hundred lbs lighter...thats crazy vettes weight that much..i always figured around 3300-3400 but either way they are quick cars

The vette is a different game bud check out my youtube video of my bone stock stingray accelerating. They are really light my non z51 is under 3300 pounds. The LS has such a big aftermarket its insane they already have stingrays in the 9's on all motor + spray. And you can fit MONSTER tires in the rear 335+
Old 07-08-2014, 02:33 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by SMP
Hate? Show me in ANY of my posts where I said something hateful. I do hate to repeat myself, but you seriously need to work on your reading comprehension.

OK, let's go back a few month. Someone in the E55 section asked for opinions on which car to buy. He was considering an E63TT, an F10 M5 or an Audi RS7. Since I own an F10 M5 I gave the OP my opinion based on first hand experience. What happened next was YOU posted how YOUR FBO C63 is faster than anything and that my M5 has heat soak problems. Where the f*ck did that come from??? The OP didn't consider buying a C63 nor did any other member bring up a C63 in the discussion. You did not contribute anything to the topic on hand, but rather went straight for my post and brought up some BS race you've supposedly had with an F10 M5 ... and you have the audacity to call me a hater? Really???

Yes hating not as in being hateful but negative input for no reason. View my previous post about your negative tone "Got it??" I didn't quote you I quoted Ahmed so zero reason for you to be here ill let the m5 owner know hes got a fan club

Wow going back months you got issues bud ! I was trying to help the OP make the right choice in that thread by explaining what I had encountered in the real world simple as that. Your input was just as unasked for as mine was he was looking for opinions to make a conclusion. My c63 is def not the fastest im not an ego maniac just state what I know as facts I got destroyed by a bolt on E63 biturbo fact and I beat a f10 m5 fact. You got issues man move on GOT IT?
Old 07-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
The M torque at 45 or 50 mph is the same
It is 90% of peak and a good spot to roll from
And anyone who is saying that rolling in 3rd at 75 is faster than 45 in 2nd is dead wrong
The rpm and torque is similar but the torque mult in 2nd is much greater
As will be acceleration
No car accelerates faster in a higher ( numerically lower) gear
That is silly
M in 2nd overall 9.6:1
AMG is 7.58:1
That is a big advantage for the M
Even bigger if the AMG is in 3rd

The cars are essentially the same
Straightline or track

Last edited by Ingenieur; 07-08-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:43 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
The M torque at 45 or 50 mph is the same
It is 90% of peak and a good spot to roll from
And anyone who is saying that rolling in 3rd at 75 is faster than 45 in 2nd is dead wrong
The rpm and torque is similar but the torque mult in 2nd is much great
As will be acceleration
No car accelerates faster in a higher ( numerically lower) gear
That is silly
M in 2nd overall 9.6:1
AMG is 7.58:1
That is a big advantage for the M
Even bigger if the AMG is in 3rd

The cars are essentially the same
Straightline or track

Exactly a trivial 5mph wouldn't have changed anything. Or even 75 for that matter considering we ran to 185 MPH !!! The faster car will pull ahead every time given both start at the same time. & This was done 3 times. Like I said before I got a lot of respect for the s85 platform its gem of an engine and probably the best BMW M will ever do now with turbocharging. It was fun to compare them and poke a little fun at Ahmed but you know people egos got hurt I guess. The best part was the owner of the m5 had zero issue no excuses true gentleman we shook hands and said well come back with more power !! Friendly competition but not for the keyboard warriors theres always an excuse/reason
Old 07-08-2014, 02:51 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Ezec63
Yes hating not as in being hateful but negative input for no reason. View my previous post about your negative tone "Got it??" I didn't quote you I quoted Ahmed so zero reason for you to be here ill let the m5 owner know hes got a fan club

Wow going back months you got issues bud ! I was trying to help the OP make the right choice in that thread by explaining what I had encountered in the real world simple as that. Your input was just as unasked for as mine was he was looking for opinions to make a conclusion. My c63 is def not the fastest im not an ego maniac just state what I know as facts I got destroyed by a bolt on E63 biturbo fact and I beat a f10 m5 fact. You got issues man move on GOT IT?
How so? The OP didn't ask for any C63 feedback ... you don't own ANY of the cars the OP was considering, but I do.

As for running an F10 M5 ... I'm cracking up over here ... from ANY roll speed you'd look at the M5's tail pipes ... need proof? I'm not a straight line kind of guy ... the road course is my thing ... but I'd run you anytime in my F10 M5.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I had no reason to pop back in here, until I saw the amount of times this thread was bumped. That can only mean one thing... Argument! lol
And a good one at that. Getting hot in here!
f10 aint got sh*t! (hahaha just playin)
Old 07-08-2014, 03:05 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by SMP
How so? The OP didn't ask for any C63 feedback ... you don't own ANY of the cars the OP was considering, but I do.

As for running an F10 M5 ... I'm cracking up over here ... from ANY roll speed you'd look at the M5's tail pipes ... need proof? I'm not a straight line kind of guy ... the road course is my thing ... but I'd run you anytime in my F10 M5.

But I ran both cars so that was my feedback to him LOL

Where you live? Cocky much? LOL All you do is talk put up some videos keyboard General

Im cracking up over here ... road course is your thing ... and you own a f10 m5 that's an oxymoron. I hope your from around here maybe we can hit up some laps at NJMP bring your Porsche ill bring the stingray or soon to be z06
Old 07-08-2014, 03:23 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
But I ran both cars so that was my feedback to him LOL

Where you live? Cocky much? LOL All you do is talk put up some videos keyboard General

Im cracking up over here ... road course is your thing ... and you own a f10 m5 that's an oxymoron. I hope your from around here maybe we can hit up some laps at NJMP bring your Porsche ill bring the stingray or soon to be z06
Sure you did ... and blew past them like ONLY your C63 can

One more time for the reading handicapped: The OP did not ask at any time, nor any other member for any C63 input. I own one of the cars the OP considered. Got it?

BTW, I am a road course kind of guy. The F10 M5 is just my daily beater ... but it's still faster than your C63. You'd look at my M5's tail pipes while I have the ventilated/massage seats on and enjoy flicking the paddles of that great DCT

It's been fun my little brother, but this is too far off topic.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:35 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by SMP

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...3-vs-m5-3.html

Go read the thread again tough guy I NEVER quoted you and was talking to the OP and JumpinJim as for my experiences in what I saw in my few runs with a single m5 and what evolve showed on the dyno with cold hard facts. So maybe your reading comprehension is messed up seems like you got issues and think everyone is out to get you.

You responded to me after I was not directly talking to you once again like you did here. And said it wasn't fair to compare my extensively modded car against a f10 m5 with only axleback. I wasn't saying I was king of the hill just trying to help the OP out but you had to defend your pride when I wasn't even talking you LOL

My response:

"Yupp totally agree I was just trying to bring some first hand experience on my point of heat soak from my runs with the f10. Not a fair fight anyway he had a axle back I have to many things to list no doubt they are straight line beasts straight off the showroom floor.

Btw good choice on the evoque it's my daily driver and I love it for that purpose. Plus with Blizzak DM-V1 on it in the winter it's becomes unstoppable"

As you see I agreed it was an unfair comparison, shouldn't have brought up the c63, and gave respect to the f10 m5 for being a straight line beast it was full of respect. Not like your arrogant tone mr know it all GOT IT YET???

Anyone can view the thread in the link I posted and if they have half a brain would see that.

& Going back on that thread no my MCT wont go into limp mode Ive got black series coolers and speeddriven billet MCT pan with almost 2 quarts of extra fluid thanks
Old 07-08-2014, 03:37 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by SMP
Sure you did ... and blew past them like ONLY your C63 can

One more time for the reading handicapped: The OP did not ask at any time, nor any other member for any C63 input. I own one of the cars the OP considered. Got it?

BTW, I am a road course kind of guy. The F10 M5 is just my daily beater ... but it's still faster than your C63. You'd look at my M5's tail pipes while I have the ventilated/massage seats on and enjoy flicking the paddles of that great DCT

It's been fun my little brother, but this is too far off topic.

Haha you got called out and proven wrong go view the other thread your talking about I was not disrespectful at all unlike you Cool Guy ! Why don't you show me how fast it is Commander in Chief of keyboards LOL have a good day my son it was great proving you wrong on 2 fronts run along son
Old 07-08-2014, 03:53 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Autosport7
I had no reason to pop back in here, until I saw the amount of times this thread was bumped. That can only mean one thing... Argument! lol
And a good one at that. Getting hot in here!
f10 aint got sh*t! (hahaha just playin)
Nothing more to see here had to put my son in the corner with a dunce hat on. Sorry it had to be done publicly

Just a video of my car vs another car and all mods were listed nothing to hide. Egos got hurt. Wish we could all be ballers and have an f10 m5 daily beater that will massage our butt cheeks and pick our nose while we burn everything on the highway. 'MURICA
Old 07-08-2014, 04:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Yep, perhaps the E60 M5 vs Pre Face Lift C63 is not a fair comparison.

But then again, in some ways the NEW Face Lift C63's are not a fair comparison vs the E60 M5. If I recall, Merc went back and improved a few things (HP/suspension/face lift/interior) and so on. Remember, the E60 M5 was first released in Europe in 2005 and in the U.S market in 2006, the car had a couple of little things changed here and there (mainly interior), but it remained pretty much the same until the F10 was released. So, considering its now dated offerings, the car remains one of the most respected sports sedan in the world...the competition finally caught up.

In summary, based on my personal experience and based on some of the inputs from others, I think the M5 is a superior car vs the pre FL C63, and a little behind in some areas vs the new FL 63...is that fair?

Moving the clock forward, the F10 M5 is an entire whole new level - I wouldn't dare compare any model year C63 to the F10 M5, but let's see what the new W205 C63 has in the bag.

As far as the vettes, they are light in comparison. The C6 Z06 range between 3,060 and 3,2XX lbs or so depending on options and it has a BIG V8. Just to throw it out there: I don't anyone here will be foolish enough to compare the C63AMG from ANY year vs the C6 Z06...I hope not.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:38 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by HardC63
Yep, perhaps the E60 M5 vs Pre Face Lift C63 is not a fair comparison.

But then again, in some ways the NEW Face Lift C63's are not a fair comparison vs the E60 M5. If I recall, Merc went back and improved a few things (HP/suspension/face lift/interior) and so on. Remember, the E60 M5 was first released in Europe in 2005 and in the U.S market in 2006, the car had a couple of little things changed here and there (mainly interior), but it remained pretty much the same until the F10 was released. So, considering its now dated offerings, the car remains one of the most respected sports sedan in the world...the competition finally caught up.

In summary, based on my personal experience and based on some of the inputs from others, I think the M5 is a superior car vs the pre FL C63, and a little behind in some areas vs the new FL 63...is that fair?

Moving the clock forward, the F10 M5 is an entire whole new level - I wouldn't dare compare any model year C63 to the F10 M5, but let's see what the new W205 C63 has in the bag.

As far as the vettes, they are light in comparison. The C6 Z06 range between 3,060 and 3,2XX lbs or so depending on options and it has a BIG V8. Just to throw it out there: I don't anyone here will be foolish enough to compare the C63AMG from ANY year vs the C6 Z06...I hope not.

That I can agree with ! If you read my previous post I gave ALOT of respect to the e60 m5 platform and more specifically the s85 v10 one of my favorite engines ! Im like you not a fan boy to any brand and cross shopped everything m3, cts-v, rs5, etc etc before I came to my conclusion. Ofcourse I love this car that's why I bought it but im not an ego maniac I realize the competition is just as good or better/worse in certain areas otherwise theyd be out of business fast. Its also true there were big changes for the facelift c63 like I pointed out plus many more as a next gen car it should be better in some areas than the e60 m5 same way as why the e60 m5 is better in a lot of area than the pre face lift c63.

It would be foolish to compare against the corvette that's a hard core 2 seat sports car especially the z06. IDK if you read my previous post but I have a stingray as well and its a totally different monster. 5K in mods and it will walk my c63 ... 15K and it will embarrass it. The LS aftermarket is also on a different level you got N/A sting rays hitting 9's on spray ! Totally different level of performance. That's the reason im keeping my c63 N/A not worth it for me to supercharge. I will be trading the stingray for the c7 z06 with z07 package. Simple mods like headers, pulley, intercooler, intake, exhaust will have it over 700whp 3300 pound weight + lighting quick 8 speed.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
That I can agree with ! If you read my previous post I gave ALOT of respect to the e60 m5 platform and more specifically the s85 v10 one of my favorite engines ! Im like you not a fan boy to any brand and cross shopped everything m3, cts-v, rs5, etc etc before I came to my conclusion. Ofcourse I love this car that's why I bought it but im not an ego maniac I realize the competition is just as good or better/worse in certain areas otherwise theyd be out of business fast. Its also true there were big changes for the facelift c63 like I pointed out plus many more as a next gen car it should be better in some areas than the e60 m5 same way as why the e60 m5 is better in a lot of area than the pre face lift c63.

It would be foolish to compare against the corvette that's a hard core 2 seat sports car especially the z06. IDK if you read my previous post but I have a stingray as well and its a totally different monster. 5K in mods and it will walk my c63 ... 15K and it will embarrass it. The LS aftermarket is also on a different level you got N/A sting rays hitting 9's on spray ! Totally different level of performance. That's the reason im keeping my c63 N/A not worth it for me to supercharge. I will be trading the stingray for the c7 z06 with z07 package. Simple mods like headers, pulley, intercooler, intake, exhaust will have it over 700whp 3300 pound weight + lighting quick 8 speed.
Hmmmmm interesting....
Old 07-08-2014, 04:52 PM

C63 Coupe
Hmmmmm interesting....

Why?? the new c7 z06 is supercharged just like the zr1 and when running a pulley upgrade you are spinning the blower faster than stock which obviously creates more heat. You upgrade the intercooler core/pump/heat exchanger to catch up so you don't heatsoak
Old 07-08-2014, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Why?? the new c7 z06 is supercharged just like the zr1 and when running a pulley upgrade you are spinning the blower faster than stock which obviously creates more heat. You upgrade the intercooler core/pump/heat exchanger to catch up so you don't heatsoak
You learned me, I had no clue the C7 Z06 was supercharged... I am actually really surprised tbh. I didn't search before my post, just figured there is no way in hell GM would go to a SC on the Z06, guess I thought wrong...
Carry on...
Old 07-08-2014, 05:01 PM

C63 Coupe
You learned me, I had no clue the C7 Z06 was supercharged... I am actually really surprised tbh. I didn't search before my post, just figured there is no way in hell GM would go to a SC on the Z06, guess I thought wrong...
Carry on...
Hehe glad I could help Yes GM went ballz to the wall this time around ! They are rating it at 650HP/650 Torque from the factory ! Im sure its a bit underrated to those power levels are more then the last gen zr1 ! It will also have an 8 speed auto that shifts faster than a PDK according to GM(questionable) So it will be a monster !!! Problem was they never gave an auto option on the z06/zr1 now you have a great 8 speed auto with more power than ever before.

Will also be getting the z07 package. Carbon ceramic brakes, 335 yes 335 Rear Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's, stage 3 aerodynamics, and rumored to bump power up to 675 HP
Old 07-08-2014, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Hehe glad I could help Yes GM went ballz to the wall this time around ! They are rating it at 650HP/650 Torque from the factory ! Im sure its a bit underrated to those power levels are more then the last gen zr1 ! It will also have an 8 speed auto that shifts faster than a PDK according to GM(questionable) So it will be a monster !!! Problem was they never gave an auto option on the z06/zr1 now you have a great 8 speed auto with more power than ever before.

Will also be getting the z07 package. Carbon ceramic brakes, 335 yes 335 Rear Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's, stage 3 aerodynamics, and rumored to bump power up to 675 HP
Really wish it would have all been available in the C6 tho, possibly my all time favorite sports car, def my fav vette. New one just doesn't do it for me... Yet.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:44 PM

C63 Coupe
Really wish it would have all been available in the C6 tho, possibly my all time favorite sports car, def my fav vette. New one just doesn't do it for me... Yet.

I love the stingray ! Interior is a totally different level than the c6 much more polished and not a parts bin mash up. The handling has also been significantly upgraded z51 stingrays have been measured to pull amost 1.1G of lateral grip imagine what the z06 will do with 4 inch wider fender, new track suspension, and super wide 335 R compound tires. The exterior looks take getting used to its def not classical vette but I can see how it can turn people off. But when you look at performance which is why the car is bought its much better than the base c6
Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Eze: any benefits from tcu valve body and tune?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:19 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
Eze: any benefits from tcu valve body and tune?
Yes absolutely one of the most underrated mods especially since a lot of people complain about the trans. From my review I can tell you it's def gives faster shifts with a bit more of a kick in shift engagement feels great !! Also the response time of paddles and gear kn0b feel better due to TCU upgrade. It's a 2 part upgrade mechanical (valve body) and electronic (TCU)

Also weistec states it will help the transmission last longer and hold more power since there's less clutch slip it just bangs the clutch hard ;-) but not uncomfortable at all still very drive able didn't affect that at all. Just better at WOT shifts.

Also going back in my post to prove my son wrong I found a post I made in one of your threads. You were going to get a custom CF driveshaft. Did you ever got through with it? Very interested
Old 07-08-2014, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 P30 C63 AMG
The vette is a different game bud check out my youtube video of my bone stock stingray accelerating. They are really light my non z51 is under 3300 pounds. The LS has such a big aftermarket its insane they already have stingrays in the 9's on all motor + spray. And you can fit MONSTER tires in the rear 335+

There is no LS in the Stingray.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG

Cool deal!!!

You and I are alike in terms of cars...it is nice to see - a breath of fresh air. I am certainly NOT a fanboy, I like and respect ALL brands for what they are. I wish more and more guys weren't such brand fanboy...but oh well

Yes, the new Z will be a monster...believe it or not, I also own a 2006 Z06 2LZ. I has a crap load of goodies, and like you, I may be trading it for the NEW Z with the Z07 package/8spd auto. I'm hoping that GM learned from Dodge (and its new Viper) and do not price the car so high thus scaring away customers potentially causing them to buy perhaps a clean used 997.2 TTS or a clean very low miles 2013 GTR.

I've had my HP tuners for years, so I can slap in a tune, then some ARH exhaust, CAI kit and pulley kit and perhaps a converter with some decent DR's and possibly E85 and bam...high 8's all day long.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Sportauto
Same driver
'Ring
AMG 507 8:01
F10 M5 8:05
Old 07-08-2014, 06:55 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
There is no LS in the Stingray.
Yes LT1 but the after market is the same and the engine architecture is the same besides direction injection and cylinder on demand. Still a small block pushrod Chevy. It's the same thing gm just changes the letters around like the 1990 gen 2 zr1 had a lt5.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E60 M5 Headers and tune VS C63 Headers and tune