Sponsored by:

***WTB Carbon Fiber Bits***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 388 Likes on 189 Posts
C63 AMG
Bro, its better paying 300 bucks for the diffuser and be happy with it, then paying 650 for the same damn diffuser that's marketed as a "branded" piece.

You and I think along the same lines, after going through this forum for some time. I have come to the realization, some vendors are simply over-charging for product. Im not against making a bit of money, but be fair with your clients.

This is why I have no issues calling out vendors who blatantly over-charge the community.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Kriston
Bro, its better paying 300 bucks for the diffuser and be happy with it, then paying 650 for the same damn diffuser that's marketed as a "branded" piece.

You and I think along the same lines, after going through this forum for some time. I have come to the realization, some vendors are simply over-charging for product. Im not against making a bit of money, but be fair with your clients.

This is why I have no issues calling out vendors who blatantly over-charge the community.
For sure man and I completely agree.
I was originally quoted $420.00 for a V-Style CF Bootlid Spoiler from a specific vendor on here. I simply stated I was seeing them anywhere from $150.00 to $300.00 in other places (ebay, forums, etc...). Response was, "we can do it for $390.00 shipped", then came back at "$370.00 shipped".
I bought it for $250.00 shipped from another vendor here on this forum that has a great reputation among us and other forums I am a member on.
I mean, some of these guys think we are dumb and wont get other quotes. They are all smarter then us... I am an Estimator for a large Civil Development firm, I bid jobs for a living, since January I have been awarded close to $30million in jobs. Everything I do is put out to bid to at least 5-6 contractors for every scope of work. lol
I'm not going to purchase haphazardly with my own cash. lol

When I got the quote for $250.00 I didn't even try and haggle, I sent paypal no questions asked. Why, I felt I paid a fair price for what I know will be a quality piece.

When there are 10 vendors selling the same items (for the most part being manufactured by the same overseas company), it then becomes about qty not qlty. Sell 50 items at $250/yr and make $50 on each spoiler, or sell 5 items at $420 and make $170 on each? Seems like simple logic to me.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Quality Control and convenience will get you so far, then reality sets in and tells you paying almost double makes it worth the risk to buy from the cheaper vendor. That doesn't necessarily mean your getting lessor of a product, just that the vendor selling cheaper knows the price point and is willing to move units cheaper in order to sell more.

Now having said that, one day you will more than likely have your *** handed to you with a bad quality product if this is your mindset, I am sure of it. Just hope it is on a cheap enough part that it doesn't hurt too bad. lol

I wont directly put a company on blast in their thread, not my personality, but I will speak my mind behind the scenes and those fortunate enough to visit the thread that does explain experiences both good or bad, well then they can learn from my experiences, after all that's why the forum is here isn't it?

At the end of the day the vendors can learn a lot too, not all criticism is bad. I hope they all succeed.

Then again, who am I to say...
Old 05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Originally Posted by Kriston
That looks great buddy! We have the same diffuser!

I bought this one and the fitment is good as well! did pretty much exactly what you did.

Bolted right up, I also used a bit of black silicon around the edges of the diffuser to give it a nice clean look.

It took about 30-40 mins to play around with to get it to fit correctly, All in all it worked out well.

PS: I offered the seller $230 + Shipping and they accepted the offer. So less then 300 shipped to me in Canada

Mercedes W204 C63 AMG Add Big Fins DTM Style Real Carbon Fiber Diffuser Taiwan | eBay

The shipping on that is $95 with $230, it would be well over $300?

I think I would have to get it professionally installed cause I don't have the skills of drilling and bolting on the car as you guys mention. My problem though is that I got rid of my OEM diffuser with the brackets it had. How do I install it without the brackets? Is it even possible?
Old 05-01-2014, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
And Kriston, I think just like you. That is why I am not throwing away $600 on a diffuser with a laber of VRF or something and $900 with Mode on it when they look exactly the same as the ones on ebay.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 388 Likes on 189 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by papashango
The shipping on that is $95 with $230, it would be well over $300?

I think I would have to get it professionally installed cause I don't have the skills of drilling and bolting on the car as you guys mention. My problem though is that I got rid of my OEM diffuser with the brackets it had. How do I install it without the brackets? Is it even possible?
I paid 65 dollars for shipping. They sell outside of Ebay for less as they do not have to pay the sellers fees

As for install, if you are not comfortable with tackling it yourself have it professionally installed. Its not a very costly job.

Originally Posted by papashango
And Kriston, I think just like you. That is why I am not throwing away $600 on a diffuser with a laber of VRF or something and $900 with Mode on it when they look exactly the same as the ones on ebay.
The VRF ones are just purchased from Taiwan / China and resold here under there brand. Its all the same stuff.

However the Mode Carbon is actually a quality piece, they do have there own proprietary design. I can respect that! As well as Vorsteiner. They are worth the price, the pieces are beautiful in real life.