Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
***WTB Carbon Fiber Bits***

EDIT:
I have purchased the Splitter, I have my eyes set on a Bootlid Spoiler, but not 100% sold on it yet so I am still in the market for that. I wasn't entertaining much more than these items at this time, but may be interested in a CF Roof Spoiler (if someone is selling at a reasonable price).
I am however now on the market for a NON CF Grill. I am looking for a gloss black, single fin, pre-facelift (fitment) grill in mint condition. I prefer it to come with the star.
I am also still looking for 12mm and 15mm spacers.
I may be Plasti-Dipping my badges, but if a member is selling blacked out badges, let me know.
EDIT: No longer in need of a bootlid spoiler either, purchase has been made.
Let me know on the other stuff fellas.

Last edited by Autosport7; 04-30-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
I have an used suvneer cf trunk spoiler. It was the one I installed before buying the modecarbon one. If interested I'll send you pictures.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by abcut973
I have an used suvneer cf trunk spoiler. It was the one I installed before buying the modecarbon one. If interested I'll send you pictures.
Yes sir send a pic please.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:06 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 AMG FBO, 2014 E63 AMG S
Would you be interested in a set of Carbonio carbon air boxes?
Old 04-28-2014, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dubzAMG
Maybe, pm pricing to 16046.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dubzAMG
PM price to 99507 if Autosport7 is not interested.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
What... no carbon fiber mirror covers?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by edwardsflight33
What... no carbon fiber mirror covers?
Already ordered and on their way.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
^Care to share from where? Links? Thanks!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by papashango
^Care to share from where? Links? Thanks!
I just went the cheap route with cf caps. Suvneer. May opt out for cover replacements down the road when I find the right deal.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
Are you referring to the covers that go over the OEM mirrors with double sided tape?

If so, I wish you hadn't. I have those on my car right now and to be honest they look terrible from close when you look at them. From far away they are alright, but from close by it is a different story.

I had them sitting for like 6 months before I finally decided to install them cause I figured I might as well. At first, they wouldn't stick with the tape right away so I had to double the tape on the mirrors so the parts actually make contact and now they sit high up and not properly fit at all. Perhaps I shouldn't have doubled the tape on the covers who knows.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Are you referring to the covers that go over the OEM mirrors with double sided tape?

If so, I wish you hadn't. I have those on my car right now and to be honest they look terrible from close when you look at them. From far away they are alright, but from close by it is a different story.

I had them sitting for like 6 months before I finally decided to install them cause I figured I might as well. At first, they wouldn't stick with the tape right away so I had to double the tape on the mirrors so the parts actually make contact and now they sit high up and not properly fit at all. Perhaps I shouldn't have doubled the tape on the covers who knows.
Oy Vey!
Well I had them on my BMW and they fit and looked great hence my recent purchase for the C.
Thanks for the heads up. I will let you know how it turns out as they make it to my house tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Yes sir send a pic please.
Will do tonight.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 E63s
I would ask Nicholas from Mode Carbon for a quote. Their products are manufactured with the best quality and their customer service is outstanding. Got all my parts from them.

Search Mode Carbon on the forums.

Good luck with your mod and take pictures!!

Alex
Old 04-28-2014, 01:59 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
if a Vorsteiner rear diffuser from a 2011 W212 AMG would fit: I have one to sell still have the Vossens too

Old 04-28-2014, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Splitter has been purchased new, still on the lookout for a boot lid spoiler.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG

In not sure who your vendor was, but my quality and fitment is spot on! I had to remove the paint from the back of cf caps before installation as the double sides tape pulled it off an I used thicker double sides sticky tape than what was provided and the install went flawlessly!
Very happy with what they are!
Thanks Suvneer!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
***WTB Carbon Fiber Bits***-image.jpg
Old 04-29-2014, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Sorry for the sideways pic. I also didn't do a real good job with the angle of the pic as you can see inside the piece to the mirror, but at normal angles you can not see that.

Last edited by Autosport7; 04-30-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Updated original post
Old 05-01-2014, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
Those side mirrors deff look different than what I have. Mine has three separate slits or whatever you want to call them for the shape of our pre facelift side mirrors. It would be perfect had I not doubled the tape, cause it just sits a little high on the mirror and to my add personality looks terrible. I tried with single tape before and it wouldn't stick but at the time the tape I used wasn't as strong as the one I got now. So perhaps I will rip them apart and install a single layer of this new stronger tape and reinstall them, I am not sure. They are stuck so good now that I am worried that if I try to rip them off, they will take off the 3M under it.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
Also wondering about the cf diffuser you bought from another member; how is the fitment? How did you install it? The original seller mentioned he bought it off ebay and I am just trying to determine which one exactly. Does it look anything like this one;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111094723195?...84.m1423.l2648
Old 05-01-2014, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Those side mirrors deff look different than what I have. Mine has three separate slits or whatever you want to call them for the shape of our pre facelift side mirrors. It would be perfect had I not doubled the tape, cause it just sits a little high on the mirror and to my add personality looks terrible. I tried with single tape before and it wouldn't stick but at the time the tape I used wasn't as strong as the one I got now. So perhaps I will rip them apart and install a single layer of this new stronger tape and reinstall them, I am not sure. They are stuck so good now that I am worried that if I try to rip them off, they will take off the 3M under it.
I would still redo it, what is the problem with ripping off the 3M under it, you would want to replace that with new 3M anyway. Better to have a product you love, than to have something on there you feel is half assed.

Also wondering about the cf diffuser you bought from another member; how is the fitment? How did you install it? The original seller mentioned he bought it off ebay and I am just trying to determine which one exactly. Does it look anything like this one;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111094723195?...84.m1423.l2648
Why are you still messing around on EBay when this is available for $300.00 + shipping!? If this was available when I bout mine, I would have bought this no questions asked. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...n-h-r-etc.html - EDIT: I see that it has been sold... A while ago actually. I suppose that one you posted from Ebay may very well be it. If I were buying from Ebay, I would buy from AutoFans or 4A Motorsports (same company actually) Bought lots of stuff from them in the past and all was great quality and good fitment. If you do and yours is bad, don't hate on me. lol
As for the fitment, I had to adjust it a bit here and there, took a heat gun to one of the tabs and bent it down where it needed to be and from then on, it really fit like a glove. The quality of the piece isn't what I would consider the best in the world, but it looks beautiful and fitment is now really pretty good.
As for the installation, I followed the diy that you can find on MBWorld, but made some modifications to it. I did not, and DO NOT FEEL grease of any kind is necessary, it will just make a big mess that you then have to clean up. When installing tabs of hard plastic into plastic slots provided for the tabs, I don't understand what grease is going to do.
Anyway, I used my oem brackets from the oem diffuser to make the install as factory as it could be.
Once the oem diffuser was removed, I drilled out all the rivets that attached the brackets, I then drilled new holes in the new diffuser and went to Lowes and bought a multi sized bolt and nut kit. I also purchased washers to install on both the nut side and the bolt side. This will allow for a larger area instead of point loading such a small area with the bolt head, this will allow for a tighter fit without cracking the diffuser.
I then bolted the brackets to the diffuser and placed the diffuser on the car. I loosely bolted everything up and made adjustments until I thought it was as good as it could get. I then torqued those bolts and screws down and then drilled new Torx T20 holes into the diffuser and into the bumper where it was least identifiable and screwed them in.
End result is as good as factory I suppose. Just take your time and make proper adjustments. The total removal of oem and install of new probably took me 45 mins.

Last edited by Autosport7; 05-01-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
That looks great buddy! We have the same diffuser!

I bought this one and the fitment is good as well! did pretty much exactly what you did.

Bolted right up, I also used a bit of black silicon around the edges of the diffuser to give it a nice clean look.

It took about 30-40 mins to play around with to get it to fit correctly, All in all it worked out well.

PS: I offered the seller $230 + Shipping and they accepted the offer. So less then 300 shipped to me in Canada

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-W204-C63-AMG-ADD-BIG-FINS-DTM-STYLE-REAL-CARBON-FIBER-DIFFUSER-TAIWAN-/300870557255?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item460d485e47
Originally Posted by Autosport7
I would still redo it, what is the problem with ripping off the 3M under it, you would want to replace that with new 3M anyway. Better to have a product you love, than to have something on there you feel is half assed.

Why are you still messing around on EBay when this is available for $300.00 + shipping!? If this was available when I bout mine, I would have bought this no questions asked. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...n-h-r-etc.html - EDIT: I see that it has been sold... A while ago actually. I suppose that one you posted from Ebay may very well be it. If I were buying from Ebay, I would buy from AutoFans or 4A Motorsports (same company actually) Bought lots of stuff from them in the past and all was great quality and good fitment. If you do and yours is bad, don't hate on me. lol
As for the fitment, I had to adjust it a bit here and there, took a heat gun to one of the tabs and bent it down where it needed to be and from then on, it really fit like a glove. The quality of the piece isn't what I would consider the best in the world, but it looks beautiful and fitment is now really pretty good.
As for the installation, I followed the diy that you can find on MBWorld, but made some modifications to it. I did not, and DO NOT FEEL grease of any kind is necessary, it will just make a big mess that you then have to clean up. When installing tabs of hard plastic into plastic slots provided for the tabs, I don't understand what grease is going to do.
Anyway, I used my oem brackets from the oem diffuser to make the install as factory as it could be.
Once the oem diffuser was removed, I drilled out all the rivets that attached the brackets, I then drilled new holes in the new diffuser and went to Lowes and bought a multi sized bolt and nut kit. I also purchased washers to install on both the nut side and the bolt side. This will allow for a larger area instead of point loading such a small area with the bolt head, this will allow for a tighter fit without cracking the diffuser.
I then bolted the brackets to the diffuser and placed the diffuser on the car. I loosely bolted everything up and made adjustments until I thought it was as good as it could get. I then torqued those bolts and screws down and then drilled new Torx T20 holes into the diffuser and into the bumper where it was least identifiable and screwed them in.
End result is as good as factory I suppose. Just take your time and make proper adjustments. The total removal of oem and install of new probably took me 45 mins.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Awesome stuff Kris!
I would say a better quality product could be had as mine (the diffuser that is...) just seemed a little thinner than other cf products I have seen in the past, but would be shocked if better fitment could be had.
All in all I feel I got what I paid for and am satisfied.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***WTB Carbon Fiber Bits***