Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best ECU tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 470 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by Vpatriota
Hi guys, I'm hanging on the edge here towards have my ECU tuned, probably by Eurocharged, for some reasons mentioned above (flash tune, they continue to work with you with your mods, etc).

The thing is, I own a Black Series, and the tune will give me +25whp being optimistic. I'd like to hear it from some one that really drag their cars.. Is it worthy the investiment?
It is pretty cheap power with the deal they give forum members, but even though you only get 25hp, it is the overall feeling of the tune that really makes the car more pleasurable to drive even if not a lot more power, it is more responsive, shifts better, is a bit more aggressive, all big pluses on the lower models. I have not driven a black series, so not sure how much more aggressive the software is, so hopefully someone who has tune a black series can give you some specific details.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:53 AM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
It is pretty cheap power with the deal they give forum members, but even though you only get 25hp, it is the overall feeling of the tune that really makes the car more pleasurable to drive even if not a lot more power, it is more responsive, shifts better, is a bit more aggressive, all big pluses on the lower models. I have not driven a black series, so not sure how much more aggressive the software is, so hopefully someone who has tune a black series can give you some specific details.
Thanks for the advice roadkillrob. Problem is, as I live in Brazil (and have no Eurocharged dealer here), I have to import the MyGenius, and despite it is not THAT much money in dolars, when it gets here, it's heavilly taxed, and the price goes up 3 maybe 4 times. So, if anyone that had ever driven a BS with and without ECU tune could step in and help me make my mind..
Old 10-25-2016, 09:06 AM

Received 100 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Thanks for the advice roadkillrob. Problem is, as I live in Brazil (and have no Eurocharged dealer here), I have to import the MyGenius, and despite it is not THAT much money in dolars, when it gets here, it's heavilly taxed, and the price goes up 3 maybe 4 times. So, if anyone that had ever driven a BS with and without ECU tune could step in and help me make my mind..
at 4x the cost I would just stay happy with my Black Series. 25hp for quadruple the price? Hell no. Absolutely not.

Good luck, and I'm sure whatever you decide you'll be happy with.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:38 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Hi guys, I'm hanging on the edge here towards have my ECU tuned, probably by Eurocharged, for some reasons mentioned above (flash tune, they continue to work with you with your mods, etc).

The thing is, I own a Black Series, and the tune will give me +25whp being optimistic. I'd like to hear it from some one that really drag their cars.. Is it worthy the investiment?

Dyno graph of a 507 edition before/after. Almost 20whp/20wtrq. Not sure if you'll get there on the BS
The following users liked this post:
Vpatriota (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com

Dyno graph of a 507 edition before/after. Almost 20whp/20wtrq. Not sure if you'll get there on the BS
I always thought the 507 and the BS would put up almost the same amount of hp/tq. Anyways, it seems a little hard to get anything out of this pretty shaped german muscle AMG.. Unless you go a bit deeper with headers and stuff. Which I'll do, but not right away.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
If you plan on doing headers down the road, then I would go Eurocharged.
Otherwise I would just keep the car stock. It's a Black Series after all....
The following users liked this post:
Vpatriota (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by eashwar63
hi,
i also wanna know about fuel, in my city the highest RON fuel is 97octane which is 97 Ron,but when i go out i have no other option but to fill low octane fuel which is around 89 ron,is it okay to use low octane fuel occasionally ??even SHELL V power is only 91 octane but get only in city,is this gonna cause problems to my engine later on?my car just finished 6k kms Will i have problems after i get a eurocharged v5 ECU?

thanks.
I would get hold of Eurocharged by email and explain the fuel quality that is available in your area and ask if they have a solution for your circumstances. I would not be surprised if they can modify their tune to suit your needs.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:49 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by eashwar63
hi,
i also wanna know about fuel, in my city the highest RON fuel is 97octane which is 97 Ron,but when i go out i have no other option but to fill low octane fuel which is around 89 ron,is it okay to use low octane fuel occasionally ??even SHELL V power is only 91 octane but get only in city,is this gonna cause problems to my engine later on?my car just finished 6k kms Will i have problems after i get a eurocharged v5 ECU?

thanks.
We can easily tune for you based on your fueling available. (we do so an a daily basis all around the world) You would typically want to tune for the lower octane