C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Maintanance cost

Old 05-03-2014, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
330ci e46
Maintanance cost

This is my first post to this forum, so hello to everybody, this is one great forum ! I want to apologise for my poor english, but I'm from Bulgaria, so it's no my native language.

So lets get to the point. I'm in the market for used C63 AMG 2008-2009. I was looking throughout the forum but was unable to find similar thread. I'm familiar with most of the car's big expenses such as tires fuel etc, but here in Bulgaria such cars are rarity, so there is noone to ask about maintanance cost of such auto. I don't expect to be cheap offcourse, could you be more specific about what can I expect ?

I'm planning to drive it as a DD, about 20K miles yearly. What is the worst thing to get wrong. Also if u can show me some similar threads i'll be grateful ! Thank you in advance !
Old 05-03-2014, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by kalkanabulgaria
This is my first post to this forum, so hello to everybody, this is one great forum ! I want to apologise for my poor english, but I'm from Bulgaria, so it's no my native language.

So lets get to the point. I'm in the market for used C63 AMG 2008-2009. I was looking throughout the forum but was unable to find similar thread. I'm familiar with most of the car's big expenses such as tires fuel etc, but here in Bulgaria such cars are rarity, so there is noone to ask about maintanance cost of such auto. I don't expect to be cheap offcourse, could you be more specific about what can I expect ?

I'm planning to drive it as a DD, about 20K miles yearly. What is the worst thing to get wrong. Also if u can show me some similar threads i'll be grateful ! Thank you in advance !
I have had 6 AMG cars, from C36 to S65 and I all of them were very reasonable in terms of maintenance. Fuel and tires are biggest expenses, of course. Beside that, the maintenance schedule for an AMG car is the same as for any Mercedes, except a little more conservative. (In the US, it's 10,000 miles instead of 13,000.)

The cars are also very reliable. We just traded in a C55 after 8 years, during which it was never in the shop other than during scheduled maintenance. A couple of times they found minor leaks, which they repaired on warranty. The only time I was ever stranded by an AMG in all these years was when my S65 ran out of gas because of a bad fuel gauge sender.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:59 PM

330ci e46
This is very nice. It looks like there is nothing to worry about then. My worries are about that I'm buying something like 45-50K US$ car and don't want to pay this much for maintanance in the next 3-4 years. Is there any chance ot this happening to me ? In this maintanence money I exclude tires and fuel and regular oil changes brake changes etc. ?
Old 05-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
you'll end up spending 40-50k on mods before you spend 40-50k on maintanance
Old 05-03-2014, 11:29 PM

330ci e46
Originally Posted by avery.whss
you'll end up spending 40-50k on mods before you spend 40-50k on maintanance

That's also quite nice to hear

Still,can anybody could give me some average price figures for 1 year of maintanance ? I just can't belive nothing to go wrong with 5-6-7 year old car with such abuse withing 20k miles roughly ?
Old 05-03-2014, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by kalkanabulgaria
That's also quite nice to hear

Still,can anybody could give me some average price figures for 1 year of maintanance ? I just can't belive nothing to go wrong with 5-6-7 year old car with such abuse withing 20k miles roughly ?
We have no idea what mechanics charge in Bulgaria, but the car needs the normal sorts of things in a year: oil and filter change, check for leaks, etc. It's pretty standard stuff. Every two years they recommend a brake fluid change and transmission fluid change every four. The tranny service may be a little more expensive than for a run-of-the-mill automatic, but it's not going to break you every four years. Brakes probably need pads every couple of years and MB replaces rotors when they're worn past fairly conservative limits. It's not unusual to get new rotors with every pad change if you drive it hard. Probably every other is more usual.

If you're looking for repair items in "maintenance," like leaking seals and worn flex disks (part of the prop shaft on Mercedes), those happen now and then but cost will depend on your local labor rates mainly. These cars don't have the complicated hydro-pneumatic suspensions of the S-class, so a major source of repair bills is eliminated. Electrical problems can happen, and can be hard to diagnose if the mechanic isn't well trained. But I haven't had any such problems in the last few cars anyway.

There are no guarantees in life unless you have a warranty, but these cars are not highly nervous racehorses, like some other marks.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:02 AM

330ci e46
Thank you for the info ! That's exactly what I was expecting to hear. In the family we've got one S class, so I'm prety familiar with the maintanance cost of it .

It's normal not to know the mechanic charges here in Bulgaria, it's cheaper than USA, especialy if you don't go to the dealer.

So, it looks like there is no much to go wrong in diference with a regural C class ?

All i hear from you and read in the forum is actually pretty good about the c63. No wonder, if in a couple of month I'm in one of this beast

Thank you again for the answers, but still curios of hearing some other opinions .
Old 05-09-2014, 05:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
As long as you purchase one that was previously well maintained you should have no issues. Good luck!
Old 05-11-2014, 03:29 PM

330ci e46
Thank you for the advice !