C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

JBSpeed Review: V-Style Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

Old 05-11-2014, 07:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Maximus the diffuser was purchased from a member in the forum who got it from ebay. Initially I didn't see many issues with it at all. After foolin with it for a bit and really taking my time installing it properly, fitment wasn't bad at all. Having said that, the gel coat sucks!
I will probably be installing another one at some point.

As for the thread, regardless if jokes or not (and I feel some was), its a forum at the end of the day and everyone is entitled to an opinion. I took some stuff personal when I shouldn't have. Must have taken a high dose of "itchy ******" last night.

My apologies.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
I have what seems to be the identical spoiler from another source (reseller). It does look good on the car and the clear coat does have a nice shine. The CF overlay is not quite pin straight but not too bad either. The top part is one piece of CF and then there is a cut line at the back edge and another piece laid on the back. The lay does not follow properly over the top especially at the driver's side end and if you look at the shape of the spoiler you know why that is. All in all it was a risk buying a replica but it does look good on the car. I wanted a Vorsteiner design spoiler and think this is all you can get currently. I am happy with mine.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55
Originally Posted by Autosport7

Nice plate !
Old 05-12-2014, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jjj benz
Nice plate !
When I saw that you had commented in this thread, I knew this was going to be your response!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Roswell is probably the longest standing, most helpful and generous member on this forum. I wouldn't get your panties tied in a knot just from a little senior sarcasm and jib jab. He is 100% right about the weave. That's exactly why I have left on my OEM spolier on. I cannot find a single vendor that sells a quality OEM style spoiler that looks good and is made well for the money. All the way from JB Speed, Suveneer, to CSK in England. But I like the style of the spoiler you have. As RSquad mentioned once, you cannot match the fit and finish of OEM CF. Roswell was giving it to you straight. To each their own and nice job on your mods. But let's consider some humor when we deal with one another. Everyone will tell you Roswell is probably the most active and helpful member on this board....

I have learned to just deal with slight imperfections in CF. It just is what it is...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 05-12-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Roswell is probably the longest standing, most helpful kindest and generous member on this forum. I wouldn't get your panties tied in a knot just from a little senior sarcasm and jib jab. He is 100% right about the weave. That's exactly why I have left on my OEM spolier on. I cannot find a single vendor that sells a quality OEM style spoiler that looks good and is made well for the money. All the way from JB Speed, Suveneer, to CSK in England. But I like the style of the spoiler you have. As RSquad mentioned once, you cannot match the fit and finish of OEM CF. Roswell was giving it to you straight. To each their own and nice job on your mods. But let's consider some humor when we deal with one another. Everyone will tell you Roswell is probably the most active and helpful member on this board....
Did you read the entire thread?
I have been on here long enough to understand who Rosswell is and what he is about. I realize he has a great reputation and is very helpful.
As I mentioned above, I took some stuff personal that I realize I should not have. Call it a bad mood, or bad day, I apologized and recognized my fault.
I am now fully aware of the weave inconsistencies in the spoiler, but have always been aware of the possibility of inconsistencies as I have modded almost ever vehicle I have ever owned. This isn't my first rodeo either.
My beef wasn't the weave comments, as you can tell by my demeanor after he mentioned it, I said I would go check it out as it did seem off in the pic.
My beef was that I thought he was being an **** when commenting on the pics taken and felt he (with the great rep and such) kinda stooped low to make a comment as he did.
I understand opinions on parts and pieces, but the pic comment was a personal attack (as I originally read it), "I sucked at something". He nor no one else has any idea what kind of picture taking capabilities I have based on a few iPhone pics to post on a FORUM. lol

Then realized he was joking as he stated.

Nevertheless, this was all put behind me when I recognized my fault, again as I stated above.

I have no hard feelings just to clarify.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG

I have learned to just deal with slight imperfections in CF. It just is what it is...
No doubt. It is inevitable.