C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Cars and Coffee Irvine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 P31
Cars and Coffee Irvine

I went to C&C in my C63 today (I usually take my Lotus), and much to my dismay, I was asked to turn around and park in the spectator parking as they no longer allow MY2000 or later 4 door cars!! They wouldn't even let me park in the secondary lot! I almost lost it and decide to leave, but that would have been a waste of my time, so I parked in the spectator lot and went to the show.

I almost lost it again when I saw two TOTAL POS Lexus GS sedans with chromed rims allowed into the show. When I confronted the grumpy old man at the entrance about that, he said that they were pre-2000 cars, so they could park. I couldn't believe that they would do something like that.

I saw a brand new Audi RS7 and a CTS-V also kicked out of the show, but tons of complete steaming piles of crap cars allowed in (regular Mustangs, corvettes, Chrysler, Saturns etc). F@#$%# unbelievable!!

I don't know who is making the rules, but that nutter cannot be a car enthusiast. According to these rules, you won't be able to see the new M3 sedan, the upcoming 2015 C63, next gen IS-F or any other enthusiast cars that happen to have two extra doors attached, but you can feast your eyes on garbage cars all you want (and I mean real garbage, not just garbage to me!).

Someone really needs to start a new car show in OC as C&C Irvine has been destroyed by these a$$hats, and a car show that starts at a more earthly hour of say 9am. I am done with the increasingly trashy C&C Irvine.

Last edited by vmx128; 05-11-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:56 AM

infiniti g37s
Originally Posted by vmx128
I went to C&C today in my C63 today (I usually take my Lotus), and much to my dismay, I was asked to turn around and park in the spectator parking as they no longer allow MY2000 or later 4 door cars!! They wouldn't even let me park in the secondary lot! I almost lost it and decide to leave, but that would have been a waste of my time, so I parked in the spectator lot and went to the show.

I almost lost it again when I saw two TOTAL POS Lexus GS sedans with chromed rims allowed into the show. When I confronted the grumpy old man at the entrance about that, he said that they were pre-2000 cars, so they could park. I couldn't believe that they would do something like that.

I saw a brand new Audi RS7 and a CTS-V also kicked out of the show, but tons of complete steaming piles of crap cars allowed in (regular Mustangs, corvettes, Chrysler, Saturns etc). F@#$%# unbelievable!!

I don't know who is making the rules, but that nutter cannot be a car enthusiast. According to these rules, you won't be able to see the new M3 sedan, the upcoming 2015 C63, next gen IS-F or any other enthusiast cars that happen to have two extra doors attached, but you can feast your eyes on garbage cars all you want (and I mean real garbage, not just garbage to me!).

Someone really needs to start a new car show in OC as C&C Irvine has been destroyed by these a$$hats, and a car show that starts at a more earthly hour of say 9am. I am done with the increasingly trashy C&C Irvine.
Where in Irvine, we used to meet at the Library in Aliso Viejo on the weekends. I haven't gone in a few years though.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:12 AM

2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by redshift1
Where in Irvine, we used to meet at the Library in Aliso Viejo on the weekends. I haven't gone in a few years though.

In the Mazda HQ parking lot not that far from the Spectrum.

http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/directions.php
Old 05-11-2014, 03:31 PM

997.2 GT3
Wow, that is disappointing.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:26 PM

C63 ///AMG P30
That sux!!! I don't attend cars and coffee with crap cars like that. I wonder who made those rules.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
damn dude thats disappointing, that used to be a fun thing to do on saturday mornings

ill just tell them mine is a 1999
Old 05-11-2014, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Not defending the rules, but due to how many of these super sedans showing up, they have to draw the line somewhere. It's just that where their line is does suck for us.
I'd rather sleep!
Old 05-12-2014, 02:01 AM

C63, 335i
Unfortunately it's their show so they get to set the rules. The new rules are suppose to filter out the cars you can see anytime the rest of the week, but obviously it's not completely effective since I've also observed many questionable cars that I may not care for. On top of that, there's been noise complaints from nearby residents about the car show. TBH seeing the same row of mustangs and corvettes gets old real quick.