2015 Corvette Z06 will now officially make 650HP/650lb/ft torque, article:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JRSJR65
You are welcome to roll into Texas any day boy and meet a few "paper patriots". Keep on hating. Not sure what uniform you wore...sounds like the same one as Berdaghl I suspect.
I would never visit that shytehole by choice tough guy lol
You gonna teach me a lesson about love of country?
What a sugar panties you are sally

He wore a US Army uniform
You disrespect the military?
He was there , you were not, you Jodie m effer lol
war is hell but you wouldn't know rambo
It made one guy creep into villages and murder kids and women
Perhaps in your god-like self perception you can divine intent of soul
I saw a lot of guys like you in the service
Always running FROM the fight
All hat, no cattle...all mouth, no spine

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-13-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by tomc517
Lol...well we had bought her a 2012 BMW 335i xDrive a couple years ago and had some Dinan stuff done to it to make it a little more peppy and it turned out to be a great little car and a heck of a lot of fun to drive and we ended up putting 40,000+ miles on it in just over 2 years (yes we drive a lot). It was approaching the end of its warranty so that was a good enough excuse to go car shopping. So we made a list of contenders and the C63 won out when all things were considered. In fairness to her, she let me drive the 335 whenever I wanted so it worked out great for us both. I assume the same will be true for the C63 so it works out real nice for me too!

P.S. - I totally agree with you JRSJR65 on your comments in this thread.

Now this is a man that can teach the knuckleheads a thing or 2 about the ladies. The man clearly knows and applies House Rule #1: If Momma ain't happy, dadgummit, NOBODY'S frickin happy.

Not to mention, looks like he has one of the best kinda ladies to have.......she drives a loud, insane C63 and exemplifies why we endearingly call ladies car nuts "Car Guys".

And ya betta not mess wit' Texas. Those boys & girls don't muck around. Oh, don't come to Florida messin' around either. We're half-brothers with Texas; got the same daddy and we'll put it on you, too.

What!? Man, don't be gettin all riled up. All states are badass in their own way. Okay, maybe not all.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:08 PM

C63 ///AMG P30
I think if GM focuses on quality maybe they can compete as a world class auto maker.

I grew up with domestic cars and had my share on working on them. Was a Chevy guy but they keep falling apart. They use junk materials all across the board. Still does .
Old 06-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by tomc517
Lol...well we had bought her a 2012 BMW 335i xDrive a couple years ago and had some Dinan stuff done to it to make it a little more peppy and it turned out to be a great little car and a heck of a lot of fun to drive and we ended up putting 40,000+ miles on it in just over 2 years (yes we drive a lot). It was approaching the end of its warranty so that was a good enough excuse to go car shopping. So we made a list of contenders and the C63 won out when all things were considered. In fairness to her, she let me drive the 335 whenever I wanted so it worked out great for us both. I assume the same will be true for the C63 so it works out real nice for me too!

P.S. - I totally agree with you JRSJR65 on your comments in this thread.
You paid for it ("bought her") and put it in her name?
Lucky girl
Old 06-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mitch111

And ya betta not mess wit' Texas. Those boys & girls don't muck around. Oh, don't come to Florida messin' around either. We're half-brothers with Texas; got the same daddy and we'll put it on you, too.

What!? Man, don't be gettin all riled up. All states are badass in their own way. Okay, maybe not all.
Doesn't matter a tinkers damn where a man is from
Has nothing to do with toughness or fighting ability

I come from an area where a lot of the employment is in mills and mines
Hard men doing hard jobs
The highest per capita military service rate
And some of the best universities in the world
An a public school system that draws companies to the area for the intelligent workers it produces

I come from where his football team comes from

Not getting 'riled' up ...0 emotional content
Don't appreciate my patriotism being besmirched when I state fact
US drivers suck
Interstate vs autobahn
Teen accident rates
Dui's
Licensing requirements and training
How many monitor mpg to monitor engine health (how many can even calculate mpg!? Lol)
Put oil in car
Check air pressure
Read a friggin' map

Can't fix a problem until you realize that there is one

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-13-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 388 Likes on 189 Posts
C63 AMG
This topic got pretty intense!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63S AMG SEDAN
LOL a couple times I get you now Enginequeer, I'm from Steubenville, OH a river rat Steel City dropout redneck...If you only understood and cared for me, for God's sake I am cleaning my 1990 Corvette drinking Bud Light while the cheap hideous plastic breaks and crumbles in my hands.
Long way Corvettes have come since a 1990 ZR1 to todays 2014/15 C7 and beyond.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:58 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
LOL a couple times I get you now Enginequeer, I'm from Steubenville, OH a river rat Steel City dropout redneck...If you only understood and cared for me, for God's sake I am cleaning my 1990 Corvette drinking Bud Light while the cheap hideous plastic breaks and crumbles in my hands.
Long way Corvettes have come since a 1990 ZR1 to todays 2014/15 C7 and beyond.
'Queer'?
So you're a homophobic gay basher... The picture becomes clearer
I think he doth protest too loudly

Are you an alchy?
Are you drunk now?
'A couple times I get you' ??? Wtf
Understood and cared for you?
Respect is earned and should be mutual
Old 06-14-2014, 09:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63S AMG SEDAN
No I have love for the gay man, just figured I'd give you some material to work with. See if you had a sense of humor and were willing to put the knife down and give me a hug.

And hell yeah I totally enjoy cleaning my car with a cold beer at home on a Friday night. Yeehaw Mfk'r that's just good American living...call me what you want I don't care. Peace and I love you man.

Now back on subject. Just saying the Corvette has come leaps and bounds ahead over the years in advancements. It was an old cheap plastic interior POS in 1990 (see pic). BUT even back then it drove well, handling is incredible, just a turd in terms of build material quality. Back to the top car by OP what a beautiful transformation the Corvette has made.
Cadillac as well, (see pic). From building an old white 72 Hurst with 500ci to today's CTS-V models.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Corvette Z06 will now officially make 650HP/650lb/ft torque, article:-1990-corvette.jpg   2015 Corvette Z06 will now officially make 650HP/650lb/ft torque, article:-72-hurst.jpg  
Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
At least this thread sounds like it belongs on the corvette forums

What I have read is that the ZO6 will be very bit of $100K and there are no plans to build a ZR1.

And you have to respect ANY car that has 450ft/lbs of torque AT IDLE.

That said, let's she if she'll hook up.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 AM

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
Sorry for the rant I went on earlier guys but I am pretty passionate about cars and GM just really pisses me off. I wanted to like the Corvette but the build quality is just horrid. They have improved the material quality on the interior but if you ever take one apart you would be shocked at how cheap and flimsy they are put together It's really sad.

With that said, I just trade my2006 SLK55 AMG in for a 2014 C63 AMG Coupe Edition 507 The car is awesome!!!!

Take care everyone and drive safe

Last edited by JRHolt; 06-14-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
I have no more 'love' ( respect ) for a gay man than any man (or woman for that matter
I try to look at the person, not the label
I try to develop my opinion (or they develop it for me) based on his actions
Race, creed, faith , politics, nationality, etc. or sexual orientation are not factors
It's hard to truce when terms like you used are tossed about
Having said that as far as I'm concerned we have a clean slate to work with

If you read my posts you'll see I have been an advocate of the vette (and American cars in general) they are getting better every year and closing the gap rapidly

The new base vette is A LOT of car for the $$$
The z06 will be a force to be reckoned with
Rough around the edges but basically Ferrari level performance for 1/3 the $$$
The proof is that euro reviews are positive and the cars are selling well there

No I have love for the gay man, just figured I'd give you some material to work with. See if you had a sense of humor and were willing to put the knife down and give me a hug.

And hell yeah I totally enjoy cleaning my car with a cold beer at home on a Friday night. Yeehaw Mfk'r that's just good American living...call me what you want I don't care. Peace and I love you man.

Now back on subject. Just saying the Corvette has come leaps and bounds ahead over the years in advancements. It was an old cheap plastic interior POS in 1990 (see pic). BUT even back then it drove well, handling is incredible, just a turd in terms of build material quality. Back to the top car by OP what a beautiful transformation the Corvette has made.
Cadillac as well, (see pic). From building an old white 72 Hurst with 500ci to today's CTS-V models.

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-14-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:47 AM

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
No one is denying that the Corvette is fast but what irks me is the fact that they try to tout the quality of their interior and the new build quality which is a bunch of bull crap. They are still held together with plastic pins and Velcro.

You can make Yugo go fast but that doesn't mean it's a good car. There is no comparison between the driving experience of a Corvette and an AMG IMHO.

I don't want to turn this thread into a pissing match but that is just my experience over the years after owning several Corvettes and now changing over to a Mercedes AMG.

If someone wants to pay that much money for Corvette than that is their prerogative but I will never spend another penny on one.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JRHolt
No one is denying that the Corvette is fast but what irks me is the fact that they try to tout the quality of their interior and the new build quality which is a bunch of bull crap. They are still held together with plastic pins and Velcro.

You can make Yugo go fast but that doesn't mean it's a good car. There is no comparison between the driving experience of a Corvette and an AMG IMHO.

I don't want to turn this thread into a pissing match but that is just my experience over the years after owning several Corvettes and now changing over to a Mercedes AMG.

If someone wants to pay that much money for Corvette than that is their prerogative but I will never spend another penny on one.
Most mfgs use vendors for interior equipment so quality is dependent on the portion of the budget allocated for the interior...high end or low end stuff
Same applies c klasse vs s, 2 series vs 7 series, etc

I will say this: GM is improving, the euros not as fast which means the gap is shrinking

No flame war but my RS4 interior was better than my AMG
It's design was a bit dated but material quality, ergonomics/MMI, fit & finish all better, like a 'bank vault', even the doors were better
Almost self-closing using a double articulated " spring over" set-up
Easier to get into also; lower and taller
Audi interiors are imo the best in the biz (and what GM should be studying)

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-14-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
America is comprised of ethnicities from all over the world. They come here to showcase their talents (or not) in a free market.....and if a car is derived from the American Dream of a Russian last name, more power to us. When is the last time you saw a Russian super car?

I think the new Vette is very nice. Pretty affordable base model too for the average Joe. I'd call it a "Super Car." It's not for me because I prefer four doors, but hey different strokes for different folks. I like it in black because some of the flare of the body kit flows a little better.

Definitely a head turner, great exhaust note, and I like that you can up your mpg's instantly in long road trips with the push of a button.

Not a Chevy guy, but I appreciate the new Vette and would love to take a ride in one. And if someone has one as their pride and joy, I congratulate. I don't try to diminish their earned accomplishment by cutting it down.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
Back on topic. I'm not gonna lie, I thought about the Z06. It is an absolute beast & a hell of a bang for your buck, but I'm not much of an American car fan. I thought I'd go for something that I thought would be a little more exclusive & IMO, prettier to look at so I ordered the 2015 F-Type R Coupe.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:55 PM

2003 SL500 AMG Package, 2015 C300, 2016 WRX
I'm debating between Z06 and Z51. I always love SL and have never been fan of corvette before until C7 came out catching my eye. I think I would go for Z06. It has more power and looks aggressive and exotic super car.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:00 PM

2003 SL500 AMG Package, 2015 C300, 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by JRHolt

I totally agreed in the past corvette never being compared with AMG. You will be surprised if you drive C7 or Z06 when it comes out.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:15 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
I was on the fence buying the Stingray...I eventually passed and got the C63 instead. I wouldn't mind buying a second hand one a few years from now...
Old 06-15-2014, 08:46 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,417 Likes on 2,856 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
The cobalt owners manual (as do most) tell you not to hang crap on the key
Americans are terrible drivers
Schooling is done by the HS gym teacher
They text
They have no idea how a car functions
No idea how far you travel in 1 sec at 60 mph in feet
Braking distance
2 second rule
Morons behind the wheel

13 possible deaths out of 10's of millions of cars and billions of person/ miles

You should be tested before you can buy a car of this caliber
it's amazing there isn't a daily deathtoll sign telling us about the all the American's that die each day: kind of like the debt sign of American's LOL//////

I'm shocked there are not 100's of deaths a day from stupid drivers
Old 06-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hyperion667
it's amazing there isn't a daily deathtoll sign telling us about the all the American's that die each day: kind of like the debt sign of American's LOL//////

I'm shocked there are not 100's of deaths a day from stupid drivers
http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s1103.pdf

ONLY 36000 deaths per year
About 11 mil accidents
The accident rate is ~constant but death rate has gone down
Cars are safer. Accidents are more survivable

I work in safety
In general equipment failure is only responsible for a few percent of accidents
Human error accounts for most of it
Varies with mode, ie, flying is more dependent on equipment

I dont consider failure to check tire pressure and a blow out or hanging 2 lbs off a key an equipment failure

Just look at what it takes to get a license here vs euro
You can have multiple dui's here and keep your license
In some countries 1 or 2 and you are done for life
We are good at making excuses for our failures
Some call it compassion, some forgiveness
But we selectively apply it
The more money you have, the more likely you are to be 'forgiven' lol
Old 06-15-2014, 01:35 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,417 Likes on 2,856 Posts
2012 CLS63
people are not scared enough, kind of like the justice system...

looks like CA and TX are the winners of losers

Last edited by hyperion667; 06-15-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
The history channel had a program about the autobahn, german drivers vs US,etc
They asked german engineers how they could make US drivers safer/more careful
They said replace the steering wheel airbag with a spike lol

The requirements for obtaining a license should be more rigorous

Everyone thinks they are a better driver than the other guy
Just like they think they are smarter, better politics, more astute, spiritually enlightened, etc
It would be laughable if that attitude wasn't eff'n the world up so badly

Good news US rate almost halved 1990-2009
Mostly due to
More euro cars being sold and their tech trickle
Government mandates & regulations

Not any altruistic initiative by big business lol

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-15-2014 at 02:17 PM.