Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Monster Has Been Killed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 05:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
There was an episode of Gas Monkey Garage where they finished this sweet black 60 something Mustang. Took it for a test drive after the restoration and the guy was hit by an illegal from South America who didn't give a shi+. The cop didn't care and nothing happened to the guy but I minor ticket and fine.

There is a high cost to America for illegal undocumented South Americans flooding our boarder with our politicians turning a blind eye and fighting for the future voting block. It manifests itself in times like this, DUI, their healthcare and schooling that comes out of our pocket, etc, etc.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
There was an episode of Gas Monkey Garage where they finished this sweet black 60 something Mustang. Took it for a test drive after the restoration and the guy was hit by an illegal from South America who didn't give a shi+. The cop didn't care and nothing happened to the guy but I minor ticket and fine. There is a high cost to America for illegal undocumented South Americans flooding our boarder with our politicians turning a blind eye and fighting for the future voting block. It manifests itself in times like this, DUI, their healthcare and schooling that comes out of our pocket, etc, etc.
man, don't get me started. what part of "illegal" don't people get? it's amazing what has transpired in SoCal with illegals now being granted driving licenses (!!!). my friend and his wife (who are citizens but didn't have proper health insurance, pre-Obamacare) had a baby. when they went to billing to pay, they were asked if they were here legally or illegally. of course they said they were citizens, and then asked why the question, to which hospital billing responded, "we have a different rate for illegals." the different rate was LOWER than for US citizens. un****ing believable. and before anyone tries to stamp my forehead with "racist", my feelings towards illegals spans all nationalities and races, including my own.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:15 PM

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by shardul
i have seen your car on the freeway in the past.

what is the buy back value on the car?
Driving in the right lane nice and slow i'm sure
I didn't ask. She's my daily and needed to get back in another proper vehicle, so just went for the check. She'll be up at auction at in a couple weeks I was told.

Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
We have no details, he may or may not be illegal (amongst the millions of illegals in the country it is hard to tell). The US does not require a US State drivers license for visitors, only a valid drivers license from the country of origin (they stopped doing international drivers licenses due to abuse of the program, of by all people, kids who want fake ID's to drink, amongst other reasons).
Yea, I've left off a few details of the accident, some because it just makes me angry to think about (asian woman in the right lane swerving, so attenion was there instead of what should have been stopped traffic), some because this was my first ever accident and I didn't know to get them in time(actual working contact info of the shrub). I did get a copy of his Mexican ID and cell phone, but he's changed numbers and his mexican address clearly doesn't matter...

Sadly I think the bottom line is just do your best to avoid any accidents and then otherwise hope your insurance is decent. This last month has been quite the ordeal just getting the car inspected and decided on, so the lesson I've learned is you get what you pay for...and my 15% saving could have gone towards a better experience...

Originally Posted by KIS007
I have had PTSD reading this thread since my last car was repeatedly rear ended while driving in Houston. It's not so much the idiot drivers that bother me, rather how the system is designed to screw the hapless victim. OP, I hope all goes well for you.
Originally Posted by unagi1
OP glad you are OK. RIP car.
Originally Posted by dcho
cuz they be treadin on my freedums...

sorry OP. hope this passes quickly and painlessly for you.
Originally Posted by lyyca
OMG I'm glad you're ok though. f--king drexters!!!
Thanks all, it broke my heart a little to see the forklift truck just hoist her up and go bouncing down the junkyard...She could have at least gone out passing a ferrari or something...

Anyway, Hopefully someone will be able to patch her up and give her a good second life... /me crosses fingers.

Thanks for the support tho, misery and company and all...
Old 06-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
It's not the government who wants them here
It's business, cheap labor
If they weren't hired they would leave

Did the police show up and question him?
If they did and did not detain him chances are he was here legally

Either way sucks
Glad no injuries
Old 06-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 C63S
sorry to hear that but atleast your safe
Old 06-19-2014, 06:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C63
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
It's not the government who wants them here
It's business, cheap labor
If they weren't hired they would leave

Did the police show up and question him?
If they did and did not detain him chances are he was here legally

Either way sucks
Glad no injuries
Clearly you do not understand how things in Houston work. This is a "sanctuary city." The cops will not detain him for being here illegally. They should have detained/arrested him for fleeing the scene of an accident, but I guess they had better things to do. Also if you don't think the government wants them here too, you are being incredibly naive.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TexasEngineer
Clearly you do not understand how things in Houston work. This is a "sanctuary city." The cops will not detain him for being here illegally. They should have detained/arrested him for fleeing the scene of an accident, but I guess they had better things to do. Also if you don't think the government wants them here too, you are being incredibly naive.

So I do not 'understand' and am 'incredibly naive'
And you are a narrow minded, condescending and smug
I have insight you obviously only think you have
What discipline of engineering do you practice?

He was here legally, That is why he was not detained

It is you who is naive if you think business doesn't own the government via lobbying...a politician won't take a dump without permission

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — The U.S. Border Patrol has made more immigrant arrests in the Rio Grande Valley in less than eight months than it did in all of the previous 12.

The agency confirmed Thursday that agents in the busiest sector on the Southwest border had made nearly 160,000 arrests since the Oct. 1 start of the fiscal year. That surpasses the more than 154,000 it made last year. Internal documents obtained by The Associated Press show that last year’s total was beaten last week.

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-19-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
So I do not 'understand' and am 'incredibly naive' And you are a narrow minded, condescending and smug
battle of the engineers ... ready, FIGHT!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
battle of the engineers ... ready, FIGHT!
Cripple fight!!!!

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-19-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
No, in Houston, illegals are treated like any law abiding citizens by the government. If they get busted for a traffic violation, all they get is a ticket. Which is total BS. The Police can't even ask if they are illegal or not.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:12 PM

2009 C63
So I do not 'understand' and am 'incredibly naive'
And you are a narrow minded, condescending and smug
I have insight you obviously only think you have
What discipline of engineering do you practice?

He was here legally, That is why he was not detained

It is you who is naive if you think business doesn't own the government via lobbying...a politician won't take a dump without permission
Oh please, share with us your insight then. You must have some deep knowledge of the inner workings of the Houston police force.

The police in Houston don't detain every illegal they run into. If they did, it would literally make up 50% of their work load. If you think the cops detain every illegal that is pulled over for a traffic offense here you DO NOT UNDERSTAND how things work here. There isn't necessarily a policy of purposely ignoring the illegals (although they usually do), but they are not going to spend their time detaining one over a traffic violation. I don't have the time or the patience to make this any clearer to you.

Yes big business wants cheap labor, but the government also wants a new dependent voter base. Seems to be a win, win for them. No matter how badly we don't want it as citizens, it is going to continue to be shoved down our throats anyway.

I find it interesting that you are so sure that he was here legally. Seems kind of "narrow minded." I wont say naive this time, because you seem be so offended by it. You aren't open to the possibility that he is here illegally? I mean statically speaking, that fact that he was a Mexican national and fled the scene would point directly to illegal immigrant, but you're supremely confident that the fact the cops didn't haul him off proves that he was here legally. I find your logic lacking.

Last edited by TexasEngineer; 06-19-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by norb
No, in Houston, illegals are treated like any law abiding citizens by the government. If they get busted for a traffic violation, all they get is a ticket. Which is total BS. The Police can't even ask if they are illegal or not.
They can't use status to initiate an encounter
But if one is initiated for another reason they can inquire

% illegals of population
Mid 90's 1%
2000 1.5
2008 4
Now 3.6 or so
Bush allowed this to happen...cheap labor
Jobs Americans won't do

Total immigrants 43 mil
Legal 32 mil or 10% of the population
Illegal 11 mil less than 4%
If they were gone tomorrow economic calamity
They provide more value than they recieve
Not saying right or wrong, just fact

Sorry, wrong forum, but tired of people blaming others for their lot in life
Take responsibility
Old 06-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
There is nothing I can teach you since you know it all
And there is nothing you can teach me since you know nothing
My logic may be lacking but yours is biased and convoluted

What kind of engineer are you? What school? Licensed?

Oh please, share with us your insight then. You must have some deep knowledge of the inner workings of the Houston police force.

The police in Houston don't detain every illegal they run into. If they did, it would literally make up 50% of their work load. If you think the cops detain every illegal that is pulled over for a traffic offense here you DO NOT UNDERSTAND how things work here. There isn't necessarily a policy of purposely ignoring the illegals (although they usually do), but they are not going to spend their time detaining one over a traffic violation. I don't have the time or the patience to make this any clearer to you.

Yes big business wants cheap labor, but the government also wants a new dependent voter base. Seems to be a win, win for them. No matter how badly we don't want it as citizens, it is going to continue to be shoved down our throats anyway.

I find it interesting that you are so sure that he was here legally. Seems kind of "narrow minded." I wont say naive this time, because you seem be so offended by it. You aren't open to the possibility that he is here illegally? I mean statically speaking, that fact that he was a Mexican national and fled the scene would point directly to illegal immigrant, but you're supremely confident that the fact the cops didn't haul him off proves that he was here legally. I find your logic lacking.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:21 PM

2009 C63
They can't use status to initiate an encounter
But if one is initiated for another reason they can inquire

% illegals of population
Mid 90's 1%
2000 1.5
2008 4
Now 3.6 or so
Bush allowed this to happen...cheap labor
Jobs Americans won't do

Total immigrants 43 mil
Legal 32 mil or 10% of the population
Illegal 11 mil less than 4%
If they were gone tomorrow economic calamity
They provide more value than they recieve
Not saying right or wrong, just fact

Sorry, wrong forum, but tired of people blaming others for their lot in life
Take responsibility
They CAN inquire, but they usually don't unless we are talking about a major offense.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:28 PM

2009 C63
There is nothing I can teach you since you know it all
And there is nothing you can teach me since you know nothing
My logic may be lacking but yours is biased and convoluted

What kind of engineer are you? What school? Licensed?
Oh, so you have backed away from making logical reasoning (in fact you admitted that you lacked logic) and are attempting to use whimsical sayings and insults. Bravo!

What does it say about you when I know nothing yet I am still able use logic when you have failed to do so.

If I am biased, it is no more biased than you are sir.

Why are you trying to make this a personal thing? You don't need to know anything about my education/career, and I don't care to know about yours. Now if you want to talk about cars, we can get into details.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
There is no reasoning with someone like you, peoples politics aren't swayed by logic, they are 'gut' based....Absolute certainty in your erroneous position

So why waste my time (and yours) trying to convince one who is all knowing?

Personal? Your tag is txengineer
Knowing a bit about someone gives insight into their reasoning ( or lack there of)

Why so evasive?
Elec & mech/ PITT / yes, both disciplines, multiple juristictions
And you?
Without knowing about your technical expertse why would I consider your opinion on technical subject matter like cars?

Haven't been called 'sir' for > 25 years when I was a young butter-bar lol

Oh, so you have backed away from making logical reasoning (in fact you admitted that you lacked logic) and are attempting to use whimsical sayings and insults. Bravo!

What does it say about you when I know nothing yet I am still able use logic when you have failed to do so.

If I am biased, it is no more biased than you are sir.

Why are you trying to make this a personal thing? You don't need to know anything about my education/career, and I don't care to know about yours. Now if you want to talk about cars, we can get into details.

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-19-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
They CAN inquire, but they usually don't unless we are talking about a major offense.
T-boning someone after running a red light while drunk(?) and almost killing them is pretty serious,no?

In PA if you have a serious wreck without insurance they arrest you and make you post bond and bail

Last edited by Ingenieur; 06-19-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:45 PM

2009 C63
There is no reasoning with someone like you, peoples politics aren't swayed by logic, they are 'gut' based....Absolute certainty in your erroneous position

So why waste my time (and yours) trying to convince one who is all knowing?

Personal? Your tag is txengineer
Knowing a bit about someone gives insight into their reasoning ( or lack there of)

Why so evasive?
Elec & mech/ PITT / yes, both disciplines, multiple juristictions
And you?
To the contrary I am very reasonable. I am not against immigration. I just think way we are going about it is extremely poor to say the best.

None of my "politics" are gut based, but it appears yours are.

You do not need to know someone personally to be able to reason with or debate them. Well at least I don't.

I studied engineering and I live in Houston Texas. That is as specific as I am willing to get. I don't like spreading any personal information on the internet. You never know what crazies you will rung into.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:46 PM

2009 C63
T-boning someone after running a red light while drunk(?) and almost killing them is pretty serious,no?

In PA if you have a serious wreck without insurance they arrest you
Make you post bond and bail
He was texting and no one was injured. Reading is fundamental.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
He was texting and no one was injured. Reading is fundamental.
He totaled the car and ran a red light
Some inferred he was drunk
Others that he was illegal
A few feet either way he may have killed someone

You need to actually comprehend the situation from the words
Not just lip read them
Old 06-19-2014, 07:56 PM

2009 C63
He totaled the car and ran a red light
Some inferred he was drunk
Others that he was illegal
A few feet either way he may have killed someone

You need to actually comprehend the situation from the words
Not just lip read them
This just proves that you don't understand how things work here. This happens everyday. Unless they are drunk or there is evidence of reckless driving, they are not getting arrest.

My girlfriends car, along with 4 other cars was totaled by a texting driver. One person was injured. I don't know the extent of the injury. The girl responsible was given a ticket and that was it. She walked away.

It looks like I comprehend the situation quite a bit better than you.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Why so evasive are you illegal?
You 'studied' engineering? Is that a nice way of saying you failed to graduate?
Sure you need to know something about a person before you allocate them credibility

I have no 'politics'
Pretty much apolitical
I would bet your whole life is reactionary vs proactionary
It is gut based, not heart or mind

To the contrary I am very reasonable. I am not against immigration. I just think way we are going about it is extremely poor to say the best.

None of my "politics" are gut based, but it appears yours are.

You do not need to know someone personally to be able to reason with or debate them. Well at least I don't.

I studied engineering and I live in Houston Texas. That is as specific as I am willing to get. I don't like spreading any personal information on the internet. You never know what crazies you will rung into.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
This just proves that you don't understand how things work here. This happens everyday. Unless they are drunk or there is evidence of reckless driving, they are not getting arrest.

My girlfriends car, along with 4 other cars was totaled by a texting driver. One person was injured. I don't know the extent of the injury. The girl responsible was given a ticket and that was it. She walked away.

It looks like I comprehend the situation quite a bit better than you.
The guy ran a red light
Totaled 2 cars
Fled the scene
Has no insurance
Is an illegal
And suffered no consequences???
What king of 3rd world banana republic is tx? Lol

I'm sure you do think you are clear thinking
All crazy people are convinced they are the normal ones
The world is wrong for not conforming to their distortions

If you are hanging your hat on being smarter than me you need to set higher standards lol
Old 06-19-2014, 08:11 PM

2009 C63
Why so evasive are you illegal?
You 'studied' engineering? Is that a nice way of saying you failed to graduate?
Sure you need to know something about a person before you allocate them credibility

I have no 'politics'
Pretty much apolitical
I would bet your whole life is reactionary vs proactionary
It is gut based, not heart or mind
Hey bud, it's the internet. Don't take it so personal. However, I am completely flattered that you are so interested in my life. If your in Houston, IM me. Maybe we can meet up for a beer. I will even sign an autograph for you.

For someone with no politics, you sure have have a lot to say about illegal immigrants.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:17 PM

2009 C63
The guy ran a red light
Totaled 2 cars
Fled the scene
Has no insurance
Is an illegal
And suffered no consequences???
What king of 3rd world banana republic is tx? Lol

I'm sure you do think you are clear thinking
All crazy people are convinced they are the normal ones
The world is wrong for not conforming to their distortions

If you are hanging your hat on being smarter than me you need to set higher standards lol
If you look back at my early post it said he should have been detained for fleeing the scene, but HPD gets very busy and purposely overlooks a lot.

"What kind of banana republic is Texas?" One that is chalked full of more illegals than is can take care of.

Also, now you are trying to infer that I am crazy for stating what happened?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Monster Has Been Killed