LOOKING FOR HEADERS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by Petakii63
Andy's rate of answering a phone calls sucks! However, I agree with ARH/MHP design rather than mbh. If you plan on keeping your car naturally aspirated, the 2inch primary kills low end torque. I've already talked to Serge at benzworks and they have installed mbh and their header which is "true" 4-1 longtube and their's consistently makes more torque. And, to be honest MBH sucks at returning phone calls and emails too. If you wants to get info on MBH headers call dyno-comp. They're the ones that make them. Personally, for me it's either Andy's headers or benzworks.
Sorry, I've been in the hospital for a bit, with a kidney stone that cased an infection of my kidney. Felt like I got hit with a baseball bat in my kidney. I'm home now recovering from surgery. If you want to contact me I am available. As for DC making our headers. This is not true at all. I had a falling out with DC years ago. I haven't spoken to anyone at DC in about 2 years. This isnt the first time I've heard from people about the DC claim. The Owner of DC was one of my best friends and it sucks, that we haven't spoken in years. Last time I spoke with him was 2 Christmas's ago. I reached out to him as a friend (trying to be the bigger person). He told me we would talk after the holidays. It's now been almost 2 years since then, and no convocation has taken place. Pretty sad if you ask me. My head fabricator/partner handles all the conversations with DC about building their orders.
The fact is our headers have always been made based on my designs and from day 1 are all built by my head fabricator/partner (Not DC). Who happens to be my best friend.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Sorry, I've been in the hospital for a bit, with a kidney stone that cased an infection of my kidney. Felt like I got hit with a baseball bat in my kidney. I'm home now recovering from surgery. If you want to contact me I am available. As for DC making our headers. This is not true at all. I had a falling out with DC years ago. I haven't spoken to anyone at DC in about 2 years. This isnt the first time I've heard from people about the DC claim. The Owner of DC was one of my best friends and it sucks, that we haven't spoken in years. Last time I spoke with him was 2 Christmas's ago. I reached out to him as a friend (trying to be the bigger person). He told me we would talk after the holidays. It's now been almost 2 years since then, and no convocation has taken place. Pretty sad if you ask me. My head fabricator/partner handles all the conversations with DC about building their orders.
The fact is our headers have always been made based on my designs and from day 1 are all built by my head fabricator/partner (Not DC). Who happens to be my best friend.
First, off sorry to hear that. Second, both weistec and dyno-comp have some explaining to do because I was told they make your headers. I'm not gonna fight on public thread and beat a dead horse with this header bs. I rather talk to the person who actually makes them. Sorry, to hear about rich. Seemed like a nice guy on the phone. Sad he treats friends like that. I wish you a speedy recovery!
Old 06-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
First, off sorry to hear that. Second, both weistec and dyno-comp have some explaining to do because I was told they make your headers. I'm not gonna fight on public thread and beat a dead horse with this header bs. I rather talk to the person who actually makes them. Sorry, to hear about rich. Seemed like a nice guy on the phone. Sad he treats friends like that. I wish you a speedy recovery!
I try to be as forthcoming as possible about what we/I do at MBH. With Weistec, You can't fault them. They're only saying what they've been told by DC. Since Weistec deals with DC and not me. Rich is a nice guy, it just didn't work out in a business atmosphere for him and I. That doesnt mean anyone should think any less of him because our affiliation didn't work out. It just got to a point that I could no longer fly their flag anymore. Some of it was a money issues, personal issues, and control issues.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63, 11 Cayenne S
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Hi, can you PM a price on your headers for a 09 63 sedan...thx
Old 06-20-2014, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO
Which one sounds better?

The MBH headers or the BenzWork?
Old 06-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by Mark63
Which one sounds better?

The MBH headers or the BenzWork?

this..

also what setup sounds best? I don't want ear bleeding loud but you know a little more loud would be sick..right now I have 2nd cat delete, I heard a benzworks > straight on youtube and it didn't sound too loud but then again video is like 10x more quite then IRL

P.S MBH you guys should do a group buy or something (don't want to sound like a cheap ***) .. but the benzworks ones are quite a bit cheaper

Last edited by avery.whss; 06-21-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG
Avery how much are the benzworks headers?
Old 06-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by Kriston
Avery how much are the benzworks headers?
i think around 2500-ish from what I remember
Old 06-21-2014, 10:22 PM

C63
Originally Posted by avery.whss
this..

also what setup sounds best? I don't want ear bleeding loud but you know a little more loud would be sick..right now I have 2nd cat delete, I heard a benzworks > straight on youtube and it didn't sound too loud but then again video is like 10x more quite then IRL

P.S MBH you guys should do a group buy or something (don't want to sound like a cheap ***) .. but the benzworks ones are quite a bit cheaper
Both, systems will turn heads. Both, make power. Mbh will have a greater scavenging effect due to the tri-y setup. Benzworks headers only come with headers. No mid pipes. Nothing. (Mikes) mbh headers come as a full pkg. Mids and xpipe.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Both, systems will turn heads. Both, make power. Mbh will have a greater scavenging effect due to the tri-y setup. Benzworks headers only come with headers. No mid pipes. Nothing. (Mikes) mbh headers come as a full pkg. Mids and xpipe.
ok so I could do the benzworks to my straight pipe and it'd be fine? or does it go like header to mid pipe to straight pipe? the headers won't go far enough back to just weld upto the 2nd cat delete pipes will it? can you leave the res in or no? I don't want any drone. What do you mean by scavenging effect

Last edited by avery.whss; 06-21-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:39 PM

C63
Originally Posted by avery.whss
ok so I could do the benzworks to my straight pipe and it'd be fine? can you leave the res in or no? I don't want any drone. What do you mean by scavenging effect
You would want to implement an xpipe when the mid pipes come together. Don't touch the rear of the exhaust. The res leave in. It will keep a deep sound and you
Won't have drone. Scavenging effect is the process of pushing gases out.