C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW! Dodge is coming out swinging with some serious HP muscles!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 S
I applaud the effort, but I don't think the chassis can do much with that power.

Think back to when the Challenger first came out....dealers were marking them up $10K. Imagine what they'll do with the Hellcat.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:12 AM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by CPBRI
I applaud the effort, but I don't think the chassis can do much with that power.

Think back to when the Challenger first came out....dealers were marking them up $10K. Imagine what they'll do with the Hellcat.
Order your own and you pay no markup.

What do you mean by "I don't think the chassis can do much with that power"? It ran a 11.2 on street tires and a 10.8 with drag radials.

I *feel* like this thread is on the cusp of turning into a "yeah, but it'll get own3d in the twizties" argument....hoping not...
Old 07-16-2014, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 P31 Coupe 13'
In my opinion this is bull*****. It's 6.2L engine..they just added a supercharger to it and it became that fast. It's easy to supercharge ours with stage 3 and we will be fking those cars so easily.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:48 AM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by El-Debs
In my opinion this is bull*****. It's 6.2L engine..they just added a supercharger to it and it became that fast. It's easy to supercharge ours with stage 3 and we will be fking those cars so easily.
...........................oh
Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Does the cost of your car and the stage 3 supercharger & necessary upgrades cost $59,900? I think not.

Relax with all this fanboy BS, just give credit when credit is due.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG

Hmmm no it's not. Blower, tranny, studs, install : $30K

This car is STOCK and does a 10.8. Imagine what will happen once some tuners get it. Bye bye stage 3.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:24 AM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Does the cost of your car and the stage 3 supercharger & necessary upgrades cost $59,900? I think not.

Hahaha that is true.. What I actually meant was that I find it annoying how muscle cars company keep producing strong engines with low selling cost so easily. While AMGs and similar companies raise their prices for any improvement they make.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:27 AM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by Merc63
Hmmm no it's not. Blower, tranny, studs, install : $30K

This car is STOCK and does a 10.8. Imagine what will happen once some tuners get it. Bye bye stage 3.
I gotta admit that my background in tuning isn't great as yours and others in the forum. So you are probably right. The thing I thought about that the Hellcat is already supercharged, what else can be tuned in the car other than that to make it much more faster/stronger? Thought stage 3 would seriously do the whole job..I guess now not yeah?
Old 07-16-2014, 11:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I gotta admit that my background in tuning isn't great as yours and others in the forum. So you are probably right. The thing I thought about that the Hellcat is already supercharged, what else can be tuned in the car other than that to make it much more faster/stronger? Thought stage 3 would seriously do the whole job..I guess now not yeah?

Are you serious?

Dude or Ma'am, I am pretty sure that Hell-Cat will take really well to some suspension mods for better handling IF that is what you want. And like all previous SRT vehicles, I'm sure tuning and other "go-fast" goodies will be available and won't cost two or more freaking mortage payments to do so as in many cases with the Mercs. Believe me amigos, the Merc taxes are in full effect around these parks...but oh well.

Remember, the Hell-Cat is mainly a drag race car that you can take grocery shopping, take to the movies and so on and spank just about any AMG procduct out there (stock vs stock) in a drag race.

Boy, I can see it now...Mr. big shot wearing his top to bottom mail ordered expensive clothing riding in his new E63 AMG pulls up next to a Hell-Cat - then glances over & down at the driver who is wearing his Cubs baseball cap, his favorite Levi's jeans and pocket tee and Chuck Taylor shoes...the next thing we know, revs come up, lights turns green and Hell-Cat reaches the next light first and probably by a margin of at least 2.5 cars.

You get my point - BTW, street racing is illegal and dangerous.

Here is something funny, true story. Back in 2007, I was at a 1/4 mile track Test & Tune night with my then tuned, headers and CAI only C6 Z. There was a group of Euro car guys (SL65's/E55's/F430/M5's & so on). Two of the SL65 were doing pretty well and murdering their buddies and some local Camaros and Mustangs.

Well, one of those SL65 (the younger guy) calls me over as I was wiping some dust off my car. He asked if I was racing that thing - some of his buddies and girlfriends laughed. I walked over/closer, cool and calmed with microfiber and Mother's Xpress shine bottle on hand and I said: Sure!

Then I said: okay homie, you really want to race this Z, as I pointed at my car. He said, sure, its just another Chevy to me...so, in my old school street racer fashion I said: let's race for money! The line starter will take down clock and flag the race. He and his little group looked puzzle and more and more people began to gathered.

His ego was getting bigger and I can tell he was full of confident...after all, he had an SL65 tuned by Renntech - he had nothing to fear, especially a little POS C6 Z06...right?

The dumb *** ended up getting beat by roughly 11 cars...yes! 11 cars - at least that is what the guys from each camp holding the cash at the end said so. It was ugly. Little that he knew that I tune most of my own cars and that I am an school drag racer who knows how to drive. That vette was running 10.7's that nigth at over 130 mph on stock GY run flats! I was able to cut high 1.60's to low 1.70's 60 ft with those tires after setting them to 24 psi cold. By the time the idiot moved, I was already 1.5 cars out and pulling away. I can only imagine the shocked look on his face as I turned on the hazzards lights mid way down the track.

Moral of the story: Do not under estimate other cars. Respect your competition, and know that more money spent on something does not always means that something is better. And finally, do be jerks; Merc guys don't usually have that jerk reputation, but Bimmer guys...whew, that is another story/topic
Old 07-16-2014, 11:58 AM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Originally Posted by HardC63
Are you serious?

Dude or Ma'am, I am pretty sure that Hell-Cat will take really well to some suspension mods for better handling IF that is what you want. And like all previous SRT vehicles, I'm sure tuning and other "go-fast" goodies will be available and won't cost two or more freaking mortage payments to do so as in many cases with the Mercs. Believe me amigos, the Merc taxes are in full effect around these parks...but oh well.

Remember, the Hell-Cat is mainly a drag race car that you can take grocery shopping, take to the movies and so on and spank just about any AMG procduct out there (stock vs stock) in a drag race.

Boy, I can see it now...Mr. big shot wearing his top to bottom mail ordered expensive clothing riding in his new E63 AMG pulls up next to a Hell-Cat - then glances over & down at the driver who is wearing his Cubs baseball cap, his favorite Levi's jeans and pocket tee and Chuck Taylor shoes...the next thing we know, revs come up, lights turns green and Hell-Cat reaches the next light first and probably by a margin of at least 2.5 cars.

You get my point - BTW, street racing is illegal and dangerous.

Here is something funny, true story. Back in 2007, I was at a 1/4 mile track Test & Tune night with my then tuned, headers and CAI only C6 Z. There was a group of Euro car guys (SL65's/E55's/F430/M5's & so on). Two of the SL65 were doing pretty well and murdering their buddies and some local Camaros and Mustangs.

Well, one of those SL65 (the younger guy) calls me over as I was wiping some dust off my car. He asked if I was racing that thing - some of his buddies and girlfriends laughed. I walked over/closer, cool and calmed with microfiber and Mother's Xpress shine bottle on hand and I said: Sure!

Then I said: okay homie, you really want to race this Z, as I pointed at my car. He said, sure, its just another Chevy to me...so, in my old school street racer fashion I said: let's race for money! The line starter will take down clock and flag the race. He and his little group looked puzzle and more and more people began to gathered.

His ego was getting bigger and I can tell he was full of confident...after all, he had an SL65 tuned by Renntech - he had nothing to fear, especially a little POS C6 Z06...right?

The dumb *** ended up getting beat by roughly 11 cars...yes! 11 cars - at least that is what the guys from each camp holding the cash at the end said so. It was ugly. Little that he knew that I tune most of my own cars and that I am an school drag racer who knows how to drive. That vette was running 10.7's that nigth at over 130 mph on stock GY run flats! I was able to cut high 1.60's to low 1.70's 60 ft with those tires after setting them to 24 psi cold. By the time the idiot moved, I was already 1.5 cars out and pulling away. I can only imagine the shocked look on his face as I turned on the hazzards lights mid way down the track.

Moral of the story: Do not under estimate other cars. Respect your competition, and know that more money spent on something does not always means that something is better. And finally, do be jerks; Merc guys don't usually have that jerk reputation, but Bimmer guys...whew, that is another story/topic
Hahaha you made me actually laugh.. I get it now bro.. Nice story :p
Old 07-16-2014, 12:47 PM

C63 AMG
Hahaha you made me actually laugh.. I get it now bro.. Nice story :p

Good deal.

True though, most Merc guys are not jerks.

But, some of the Porsche guys and Vette guys are, but the worse, are BMW guys. They take the crown by far!!!!
And yes, I am a BMW guy as well - I now own an E60 M5 (my second) after owning many other E60 & E39 models. I've seen the BMW jerkness in person and through the forums...it's sickening
Old 07-16-2014, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by HardC63
Good deal.

True though, most Merc guys are not jerks.

But, some of the Porsche guys and Vette guys are, but the worse, are BMW guys. They take the crown by far!!!!
And yes, I am a BMW guy as well - I now own an E60 M5 (my second) after owning many other E60 & E39 models. I've seen the BMW jerkness in person and through the forums...it's sickening
Jerkoffs are everywhere as stated, and many of which end up behind the wheel of a BMW. I cam e from the BMW scene as well, and it is astonishing the 16-18 y.o. kids that have been handed these cars. Kids who have no idea about life yet that run their mouths like you wouldn't believe. Having said that, it isn't always a young kids spouting off, and sometimes the kids seem to be the mature ones in those crowds!
So yeah I for one get exactly what you are saying there.
As for the Hell Cat, it is going to be an amazing vehicle for sure.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:57 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Jerkoffs are everywhere as stated, and many of which end up behind the wheel of a BMW. I cam e from the BMW scene as well, and it is astonishing the 16-18 y.o. kids that have been handed these cars. Kids who have no idea about life yet that run their mouths like you wouldn't believe. Having said that, it isn't always a young kids spouting off, and sometimes the kids seem to be the mature ones in those crowds!
So yeah I for one get exactly what you are saying there.
As for the Hell Cat, it is going to be an amazing vehicle for sure.

Amen! Especially the M3 owners

I recently visited a Cars & Coffee event and yep, some of the jerkness in the air came from the BMW camp.
Why are they like that...what makes them that way? Can anyone tell me?

I've owned/own Mercs & Bimmers: Mercs: '05 E55/ '08 E63AMG (it crapped out due to lifters - dealer purchased back) and now the '09 C63AMG modded. Bimmers: E60 M5 modded - E60 M5 stock/sold - E60 545 modded/sold - E60 550 sprt pkg tuned/sold - E39 M5 modded/great car/sold - E39 530 (one of the best no fuss daily driver I had).

When visiting Car meets, many of the Merc guys will greet, meet and talk for the most part. However, Bimmer guys, they will behave like they are the biggest and mas macho hombre out there - it has been embarrasing to me...it's bad. Sometimes it is so bad, I don't even want people to know I have a Bimmer.

Anyway - yes, the HellCat is going to be a nice car for the money and it is NHRA certified. If you guys know anything about drag racing - that is a big deal. In part it means that the car was tested and re-tested over and over to back those 1/4 mile times and then certified. Heck, I think it may run quicker than 11.2 (street tires) & 10.8 (DR's) in stock form.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
Over priced one trick pony.

When the new challenger came out I thought it was an over priced rattle trap. Lots of plastic, much like everything else.

The playa that buys that is going to be in for a big surprise when he gets the bill for his first brake job.
yeah, because a 204 c-class interior is not hard plastic as far as the eye can see?

please.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:27 PM

'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
yeah, because a 204 c-class interior is not hard plastic as far as the eye can see?

please.
And you should hear my dash rattle in my P30 on rough stretches of road....stereo gets TURNED UP.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:49 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
And you should hear my dash rattle in my P30 on rough stretches of road....stereo gets TURNED UP.
Right on

You should have seen my previous 2008 E63 AMG, that motor took a big crap due to lifters failure, and the interior was not whiper quiet either.

BUT....I accept these issues no car and/or car manufacturer is perfect.

ALL of these cars have quirks, I don't care who makes it...it comes with the territory. Heck, visit the Lambo or Mclaren sites, check out theit cries...they have issues too. Such as door hinges, dash noises, electric window motors, radios, trans, engines and so on and those cars cost roughly 5 to 6 times more than a C63 AMG. They too have issues even though they use the so called the best of the best leather, aluninum, plastic and blah blah blah
Old 07-16-2014, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Originally Posted by I am Jeff

Not to mention full factory warranty.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I will respect the Hellcat, but I do not want a 2 door car, I want a 4 door car. I do however suspect that the same option might be available in other Dodge cars.. can you imagine the 300 with this... or Chargers with this... If this car is that popular and makes money, you can bet Dodge will put it in other models...

On that day I will buy a Charger lol (okay probably not heh).

The downside.. I feel that this car will see it's first accident in less than a week of public release. I hope to $DEITY (yes I did that on purpose ) that no parent is stupid enough to buy this for their kid, it will only end poorly.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:07 PM

2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
I will respect the Hellcat, but I do not want a 2 door car, I want a 4 door car. I do however suspect that the same option might be available in other Dodge cars.. can you imagine the 300 with this... or Chargers with this... If this car is that popular and makes money, you can bet Dodge will put it in other models...

On that day I will buy a Charger lol (okay probably not heh).

The downside.. I feel that this car will see it's first accident in less than a week of public release. I hope to $DEITY (yes I did that on purpose ) that no parent is stupid enough to buy this for their kid, it will only end poorly.
+1.

I've seen tons of kids with srt8 challengers that always want to race, and if the hellcat is anywhere near that price range, parents will buy them. God help the innocent by-standards when some inexperienced kid thinks they can handle it's power.

I've always HATED the challenger, exterior, interior, and performance. That car was probably the ugliest biggest boat in the SRT lineup when i was looking to get into a srt8 jeep. Love the performance SRT puts out, and the aftermarket options available for these cars, my favorite is still the jeep. If they were ever to put this power into one, that will definitely be my next car!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
+1.

I've seen tons of kids with srt8 challengers that always want to race, and if the hellcat is anywhere near that price range, parents will buy them. God help the innocent by-standards when some inexperienced kid thinks they can handle it's power.

I've always HATED the challenger, exterior, interior, and performance. That car was probably the ugliest biggest boat in the SRT lineup when i was looking to get into a srt8 jeep. Love the performance SRT puts out, and the aftermarket options available for these cars, my favorite is still the jeep. If they were ever to put this power into one, that will definitely be my next car!
LOL - that is so funny, I'm with ya - I like the Jeep SRT8 the best as well; my wife loves the 300C SRT8.

I tell you what, IF they decide to drop that **** into the Jeep or the 300C, like you, I may run to a Dodge dealership and order one.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:58 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2011 C63 P31 2015 BMW X5M Schwarz Einhorn w/Bootmod3
Chrysler has just priced it at just $60,990, including destination, still considered a bargain. That HP output number even tops their own Viper. So the HP wars are still alive and well. I hope we all enjoy it while it lasts...
Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
Nope. They started giving the cars to the media to check out yesterday. Someone leaked a slide from the presentation from SRT: $59,999.

Insane value. And when you take into account how much more comfortable and easy to drive every day, Challengers are than Mustangs and Camaros....they're going to sell the hell out of the Hellcat.

the z28 really has no business on that list. it also has ran low 12's. It's a road course car with carbon brake lol.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 635 Posts
E63S | X5
While the numbers are impressive, I don't like the bulky muscle car look. If I bought a coupe I prefer them to be small. I had a TT, 135i, and 911tt... All small. I also prefer sedans now anyway.

This will be a sweet light to light and mile race car.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 C63S
The hellcat is something else

I have a few buddies that work at the local dodge.

Going to test drive one myself maybe get it as a weekend toy next to my w211 I have who knows
Old 07-17-2014, 01:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 C63 507, '11 C300, '96 Cobra, '91 Mr2
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
the z28 really has no business on that list. it also has ran low 12's. It's a road course car with carbon brake lol.
From a road course point of view, the HellCat is the car with no business on that list. Good thing it's NHRA-certified, I guess!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW! Dodge is coming out swinging with some serious HP muscles!!!