Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supersprint headers + exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2014 | 09:19 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Bazman
Supersprint are made in Italy by the same firm that makes the F1 headers for Ferrari. They are the benchmark. This is my first choice but I need to find out re fit on right hand drive as I do not want clearance issues either in fit or ground clearance problems.

If I could gain 46rwhp from a full system I'd be very happy - but on a 507 that is unlikely. I'm hoping a 50-60rwhp gain from full Supersprint system (Headers to tailpipe) with tune and filters is possible.

IPE and Agency Power headers are basically the same according to my source - different brands, same factory in Asia. Both look great and both fit right hand drive or left. My only issue with them is that my tuner only found 15rwhp with a full system. I'm not paying good money to gain only 15rwhp, no matter how good the sound. Be interested to see if others found a lot more power than that. Might have been a bad set - but they looked good.
I followed up on Supersprint, it looks like they dont fit right hand drive after all...

The company I spoke to ended up doing Cargraphic headers with Supersprint catback for the customer they were working with. I didn't get any feedback on gains.

I doubt the gains between the various mid/long tube headers are significantly different (ie IPE vs Supersprint vs MBH etc). Sure there would be variances, but anything over a 10-15HP variance I would put down to the car / tune / dyno rather than one brand of headers being materially more effective than another.
Old 10-07-2014 | 09:41 PM

2013 AMG C63 Coupe 507
Shame re Supersprint. The Cargraphics stuff looks good though, good website. I might end up doing a hybrid set up too.

re power variables - assuming they are all close in design I would agree. But little things can make a difference such as primary sizes, stepped design, merge collectors, flange fit, weld protrusions inside the pipes etc - all make a difference. For racing there can be 20-30hp between race headers that look like equal quality to the eye on the outside.
Old 10-07-2014 | 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Bardman

Im pretty sure evolve is a dealer for supersprint now and im pretty sure they can get headers
I seen something posted on there website about a month ago
Old 10-07-2014 | 11:53 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by mr747
Bardman

Im pretty sure evolve is a dealer for supersprint now and im pretty sure they can get headers
I seen something posted on there website about a month ago
Evolve is who I was speaking to. They were trying to get Supersprint to fit RHD but they dont fit. Their solution was to use Cargraphic headers with Supersprint back end.
Old 10-08-2014 | 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Originally Posted by Bardman
Evolve is who I was speaking to. They were trying to get Supersprint to fit RHD but they dont fit. Their solution was to use Cargraphic headers with Supersprint back end.
guess i was wrong then
Old 10-09-2014 | 08:03 PM

2013 AMG C63 Coupe 507
Not sure what the difference between the 507 and normal C63 is, but looking under my car yesterday I see little benefit in upgrading my exhaust other than adding good headers. From the cats back the 507 factory set up is really good.
Old 10-09-2014 | 08:18 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Bazman
Not sure what the difference between the 507 and normal C63 is, but looking under my car yesterday I see little benefit in upgrading my exhaust other than adding good headers. From the cats back the 507 factory set up is really good.
The 507 and standard C63 exhaust is the same.

The problem with headers and standard cat back is that it can make your car really loud. Adding custom mid/back end provides options for toning down this sound a little (additional resonators, valve systems etc). That may or may not be a priority, depending on preference.
Old 10-09-2014 | 08:24 PM

2013 AMG C63 Coupe 507
I've heard that, but car is so quiet in C mode I struggle to find how bad it can be. I'll likely add headers first and find out lol.... adding a cat back later is easy if required. I don't mind a fairly aggressive WOT noise - but like it quiet during cruise