Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
New to MBWorld

Hey whats up you guys

Im new to the forum. Im on E90 post lol but like i drive a 335i right now which ill post a picture of below. I already started to part out so hopefully its gone soon. Im trying to get a C63 by the end of the year. I plan on modding the crap out of that car. The problem is i don't know much about the modding scene here. I just hope this car doesn't give me problems like my past 2 335is

If its not too much to ask can you guys post some well modded cars in this thread.

oh yeah one last thing what are some good Mercedes Dealerships with good sales men in socal

New to MBWorld-img_7173.jpg
Old 07-28-2014, 12:20 AM
D C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Compared to alot of other cars, modding is pretty limited for the C63. From what I gather, its mainly cause if things break, they are very spendy. Blow your motor, your looking at $10-$20k depending on your source.

For what you can mod, options are pretty limited.
No aftermarket sways.
KW is the only quality coilover manufacturer. Otherwise your stuck with companies like BC, Raceland, etc. No Ohlins, Bilsteins, ASTs, Motons, JRZs that I've seen.

The motor is pretty much optimized from the factory. A safe simple tune will yield 50+whp, other than that, your looking at headers and superchargers ($$$$$). Things like cams, intake manifolds, injectors, fuel systems, are virtually non-existant.

LSD is a must, and you can get Wavetrac, Quiafe, and OSG if it doesn't already have one.

Aftermarket body parts are pretty plentiful. Especially in carbon.

Last edited by D C; 07-28-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:41 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by D C
Compared to alot of other cars, modding is pretty limited for the C63. From what I gather, its mainly cause if things break, they are very spendy. Blow your motor, your looking at $10-$20k depending on your source. For what you can mod, options are pretty limited. No aftermarket sways. KW is the only quality coilover manufacturer. Otherwise your stuck with companies like BC, Raceland, etc. No Ohlins, Bilsteins, ASTs, Motons, JRZs that I've seen. The motor is pretty much optimized from the factory. A safe simple tune will yield 50+whp, other than that, your looking at headers and superchargers ($$$$$). Things like cams, intake manifolds, injectors, fuel systems, are virtually non-existant. LSD is a must, and you can get Wavetrac, Quiafe, and OSG if it doesn't already have one. Aftermarket body parts are pretty plentiful. Especially in carbon.
Well said except that some members have the cams in their c63s. Besides that, you wont be able to mod it as much as you can mod the 335.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by D C
Compared to alot of other cars, modding is pretty limited for the C63. From what I gather, its mainly cause if things break, they are very spendy. Blow your motor, your looking at $10-$20k depending on your source.

For what you can mod, options are pretty limited.
No aftermarket sways.
KW is the only quality coilover manufacturer. Otherwise your stuck with companies like BC, Raceland, etc. No Ohlins, Bilsteins, ASTs, Motons, JRZs that I've seen.

The motor is pretty much optimized from the factory. A safe simple tune will yield 50+whp, other than that, your looking at headers and superchargers ($$$$$). Things like cams, intake manifolds, injectors, fuel systems, are virtually non-existant.

LSD is a must, and you can get Wavetrac, Quiafe, and OSG if it doesn't already have one.

Aftermarket body parts are pretty plentiful. Especially in carbon.
thanks man great info. i mean its going to be even harder for me to mod right away cause I want the W205 or maybe a used e63 but well see.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Nice 3 series on HRE r43? Welcome to the forum & good luck in ur search of the perfect AMG!

Here's my car on HRE :
New to MBWorld-image_zpsabefd3ae.jpg
Old 07-28-2014, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Roswell
Nice 3 series on HRE r43? Welcome to the forum & good luck in ur search of the perfect AMG!

Here's my car on HRE :
P43S

I've been talking to dealers to order the W205 so hopefully they start the orders soon. i know its going to be reviled in September, Such a long weight.