C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:25 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
Wheels

Hello - I recently purchased my 2010 C63 Sedan in January which I love by the way. I currently have stock 18" AMG wheels but have significant road rash on the lips of each wheel from highway pot holes!

Anyone have any experience with Niche wheels as I don't want to spend a fortune on wheels roads are terrible where I live.

Need help between Niche Verona tinted wheels and Niche Targa Anthracite wheels, I am torn which will look best. My car color combination is black exterior with white and black interior.

I am thinking wheel size 19x8.5 ET42 and 19x9.5 ET50 but putting a plus size tire on fronts 245/35/19 and rears 275/30/19 to help protect wheel lips.

Thoughts? And will these fit? Thanks
Old 08-25-2014, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
They are decent wheels.

Most of these manufacturers purchase there wheels from the same overseas producers anyways.

Niche has been around for quite some time, if you can get the wheels for a good price its no different then buying wheels from your flavor of the month wheel company on line.

Originally Posted by AMG6.3
Hello - I recently purchased my 2010 C63 Sedan in January which I love by the way. I currently have stock 18" AMG wheels but have significant road rash on the lips of each wheel from highway pot holes!

Anyone have any experience with Niche wheels as I don't want to spend a fortune on wheels roads are terrible where I live.

Need help between Niche Verona tinted wheels and Niche Targa Anthracite wheels, I am torn which will look best. My car color combination is black exterior with white and black interior.

I am thinking wheel size 19x8.5 ET42 and 19x9.5 ET50 but putting a plus size tire on fronts 245/35/19 and rears 275/30/19 to help protect wheel lips.

Thoughts? And will these fit? Thanks
Old 08-25-2014, 04:37 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
Thx Kriston. I love the look of your wheels what brand and setup you running?
Old 08-25-2014, 05:16 PM
SPONSOR

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
C190 GT C
Niche's are definitely decent wheels for the money. I know a ton of guys who are running them on all different types of vehicles. Haven't heard anything negative about them.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
Side track: does a wider than stock tire really protect the wheel better? I'm interested because I recently found microcracks in my front two wheels and am looking to replace the wheels, but want to know if a wider tire will indeed help protect the new investment.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:51 PM
SPONSOR

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
C190 GT C
Originally Posted by tfthach13
Side track: does a wider than stock tire really protect the wheel better? I'm interested because I recently found microcracks in my front two wheels and am looking to replace the wheels, but want to know if a wider tire will indeed help protect the new investment.
Yes it will. If you found very small cracks no need to replace the whole wheel. Just have them welded. Rule of thumb is 2 welds per wheel maximum.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
Originally Posted by RW Carbon
Yes it will. If you found very small cracks no need to replace the whole wheel. Just have them welded. Rule of thumb is 2 welds per wheel maximum.
Thanks for the tips! I actually already got them welded, but will want to replace them for aftermarket ones eventually. Good to know about the wider tires! I drive on bad roads on a daily basis.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I hate to be the bear of bad news, but if you are cracking and or bending oem wheels, Niche's aren't going to give you any better results.
I have run cheap wheels in the past, but only because my roads are not all that bad and didn't need to worry about cracking them.

Your mentality is a little off par imho. I would think if you are driving on roads that are less than great, you would want something proven to hold up, ie. forged wheels...

My .02.

In any event, good luck with your search and once you pick something up, post some pics.

Happy Modding!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by Autosport7
I hate to be the bear of bad news, but if you are cracking and or bending oem wheels, Niche's aren't going to give you any better results.
I have run cheap wheels in the past, but only because my roads are not all that bad and didn't need to worry about cracking them.

Your mentality is a little off par imho. I would think if you are driving on roads that are less than great, you would want something proven to hold up, ie. forged wheels...

My .02.

In any event, good luck with your search and once you pick something up, post some pics.

Happy Modding!
Agreed!

If you're deadset on going aftermarket, you should consider 3 piece wheels. That way you can just replace the barrel that is damaged.