Twin 507 Coupe Pics - Used 507 for Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
I just stated my preference... Yes, the 507 is an awesome car. However, for me, this is why I don't need those "extra" bits...

1 & 2 were hood and tune.
3 - wheels - Yes, cool wheels. End of the day they are still just OEM and I like to think of myself as a wheel ***** when I have the spare change laying around. So, I always end up with aftermarket wheels.
4 - Red calipers - So I can just paint mine. I don't track the car, it's my dd. And I'll save 4 figures when I replace rotors and pads.
5 - single fin grille - ... Facelift all come with those.
6 - black mirrors / spoiler - I have a CF spoiler and mirrors are easy.
7 - alcanatara comes with a PP facelift (minus the shifter I think, which is cool)
8 - Headlights - this was the original issue. Halogens = no go no way.
9 - stickers - 2 Fast 2 Furious for me.

For ***ME*** I'm better off with a standard C63 w/ headlight package. I'm not tracking the car and I'm not supercharging it. While we all buy it with hopes and dreams to, I just know I wont. Also, for those who live and die by keeping a car stock, that's respectable. All mod's I'd do are easily reversible.

So what am I out that I like on the 507? A hood and a tune. And if it means I have to buy a base C63 and add those because a BASE c63 comes with the headlight package and a 507 doesn't then so be it.

Seriously, IDK what that guy is on, or what he has discovered. But, if he is finding all of these CBS' well under $100k then he should buy, and flip them, making $20k on each. Would be tough though because when I went C63 shopping I was looking for BS' and really didn't find ANYTHING.

Purple, I agree with your opinion. It's a lot of common sense... +1 on that.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Seriously, IDK what that guy is on, or what he has discovered. But, if he is finding all of these CBS' well under $100k then he should buy, and flip them, making $20k on each. Would be tough though because when I went C63 shopping I was looking for BS' and really didn't find ANYTHING.
He is one of those people that talk out the side of their azz with no facts to back it up. GreenLantern over on PL regularly posts every C BS classified listing he finds in North America, I can post up the past 12 months worth of C BS listings and show this guy exactly what every car listed for and in some cases what it sold for. The aero package C BS's are still fetching over $100k even at wholesale auctions. The guy is a short bus riding, drooling, rosey cheeked tard
Old 09-03-2014, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 635 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by jrcart
He is one of those people that talk out the side of their azz with no facts to back it up. GreenLantern over on PL regularly posts every C BS classified listing he finds in North America, I can post up the past 12 months worth of C BS listings and show this guy exactly what every car listed for and in some cases what it sold for. The aero package C BS's are still fetching over $100k even at wholesale auctions. The guy is a short bus riding, drooling, rosey cheeked tard
You always have a calm and polite way to put things

I'll have to go check out GreenLantern
Old 09-03-2014, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG
Please enlighten me and show me where the P31 package have forged internals

Interesting that no one seems to catch onto the forged internal parts yet.....

Originally Posted by I am Jeff
The "special" parts that you have listed are all part of the P31 package. The forged wheels and vented aluminum hood is what differentiates the 507 to P31 packages. Everything else is fluff. That's up to the potential buyer to decide if a 507 package car with missing equipment is special enough to pick over a properly equiped P31 car.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:10 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Kriston

Next time do your own homework.

http://www.benzblogger.com/2009/11/2010-c63-amg-p31-performance-package-replaces-p30.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/mercedes-benz-c-class-review-c63-amg-with-development-pack-test
Old 09-03-2014, 11:15 PM

C63 AMG
In the end, the 507 isn't much different from the P31. The C63 BS, now that is a significant different. A 507 is a slighlty tweaked version of the P31. Essentially MB AMG wanted these cars out the door as the last hoorah and this is how they did it. By doing a tune, hood vents and different set of rims. Oh let's not forget the almoghty stripe down the sidesill.

Don't get me wrong, I like all C63's. Even the "normal" base one. But let's not overdo the 507 thing shall we.

The C63 BS is plenty streetable and is the ultimate C63. Not the 507. And any car without the lighting package I wouldn't touch. Even if it's a 507.

I did a tune and added AFE filters. I am well above the HP and TRQ figures for the 507.

If the 507 hasn't been a "put together" I would have bought one instead of the P31. Instead, I got a P31 with every option as opposed to a 507 that would be short a couple of ticked boxes in the options list.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Look at the 12-14 C63. It's the same as the 507 essentially. The 507 is just lipstick put on to get the final models purchased and out. Also, the C63 BS and the 507? Hmmm....

MB didn't even care enough to give the 507 CF mirrors, spoiler. It's just bits that are painted gloss black. At least they did with the Affalterbach edition. Shows that MB just wanted these cars out and gone...Some fancy snowflake wheels? I would rather have aftermarket ( HRE,etc) which would be cheaper and better quality. MB OEM wheels are notorious for cracking.

$90k for a C class taxi cab with stickers and some hood vents?!? You are talking GTR category here...

To each their own. I love the C63 in any model it is. The 507 is a cool variant! I actually love the sedan version. But be fair and call it what it is...
Totally agree with u Zeph, the black painted mirrors & spoiler makes the car not very appealing in my eyes. For the price tag, it should have came with CF bits.

I went to look at the 507 last year at a nearby dealership & asked them how much it would cost me to "upgrade" from my 2010.. They offered me 40k$ for my car with all the mods & wanted me to add 50k+ for the 507.. I LOL. Sry but the 507 is a special edition car, but not so special in my eyes.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
To my knowledge, the only material differences between the BS and the 507 are:

- Improved oil cooler
- Wider rear tyres (actually the only one that counts for me)
- Improved suspension
- Optional aero

There are downsides also (depending on perspective):

- Parking sensors
- Coupe only
- No back seat?

No doubt its better than a 507, but by about the same amount a 507 is better than a PP, and a PP to a base C63.

Originally Posted by Razzy
In the end, the 507 isn't much different from the P31. The C63 BS, now that is a significant different. A 507 is a slighlty tweaked version of the P31. Essentially MB AMG wanted these cars out the door as the last hoorah and this is how they did it. By doing a tune, hood vents and different set of rims. Oh let's not forget the almoghty stripe down the sidesill.

Don't get me wrong, I like all C63's. Even the "normal" base one. But let's not overdo the 507 thing shall we.

The C63 BS is plenty streetable and is the ultimate C63. Not the 507. And any car without the lighting package I wouldn't touch. Even if it's a 507.

I did a tune and added AFE filters. I am well above the HP and TRQ figures for the 507.

If the 507 hasn't been a "put together" I would have bought one instead of the P31. Instead, I got a P31 with every option as opposed to a 507 that would be short a couple of ticked boxes in the options list.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Btw, my car is still cheaper after all my mods (CF everywhere + custom made HRE monoblock forged).. Even with a tune.. I would come out like 10k$ cheaper after a 507 with taxes/out the door.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:57 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Bardman
To my knowledge, the only material differences between the BS and the 507 are:

- Improved oil cooler
- Wider rear tyres (actually the only one that counts for me)
- Improved suspension
- Optional aero

There are downsides also (depending on perspective):

- Parking sensors
- Coupe only
- No back seat?

No doubt its better than a 507, but by about the same amount a 507 is better than a PP, and a PP to a base C63.
That's personal preference though. I'm talking about the "ultimate" C63. That goes to the black series.

The P31 and 507 are almost identicle save a few things. Than again, they are also retailing for more on the lightly used/CPO market.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:01 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Roswell
Btw, my car is still cheaper after all my mods (CF everywhere + custom made HRE monoblock forged).. Even with a tune.. I would come out like 10k$ cheaper after a 507 with taxes/out the door.
Exactly. I went to MB today and took my car in to get the ticking noise looked at (They couldn't hear it on multiple colds starts and topped up my oil and said it was common as the M156 is "noisy"). There was a 507 coupe in front of the serive area and so I asked the shop foreman what he thought of it.

His words were "what you mean 507, if you are talking about that C63, than yea its a C63, the 507 is just sales talk and for the sales guys to deal with. I know the M156. Whether it's a 507 or not is just semantics"

Now you guys can make of that what you will.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!

Here is another article for Kriston to read up on.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t_package.html
Old 09-04-2014, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Dodge Viper GTC, 2014 C63 AMG (gone), 2014 GL450
I don't see the current C63 value dropping like a rock when the new ones come out like you guys seem to think. The 4.0TT is going to start at $70k minimum. I just went and checked out the new C400 and it is a real improvement. Even the stuck on iPad wasn't so bad in person. But they raised the price to go with the improvement. So I think that will help our cars maintain some value for a little while longer.

On the "ultimate" discussion, the 507 is the ultimate (last and best) C63 sedan. The end.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5

Nobody caught on because it is true...

I'm sure by now people have provided sufficient links.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG
I stand corrected gents, thank you.

You learn something new every day.

kris

Nobody caught on because it is true...

I'm sure by now people have provided sufficient links.

Originally Posted by I am Jeff

Here is another article for Kriston to read up on.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t_package.html
Old 09-04-2014, 08:32 PM

C63 AMG
I stand corrected gents, thank you.

You learn something new every day.

kris
I made sure to make an informed decision when buying my car.

People should know that the next time they see a C63 P31, they should tread carefully. For example in my case, I'm outputting more power and torque than a a 507 just by doing a $700 tune from Eurocharged.

Even than the 481hp stock on P31 is nothing to slouch at. I feel bad for anyone wanting to "play" with any C63 let alone a P31 and above.

I do get the average econo car trying to egg me on though lol. Sadly where I am there are not too many cars on the road that could or would even be willing to "go at it"
Old 09-04-2014, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I had one of the first C63 in Canada, my brother had a 2011 C63 and he now owns a 507 sedan and he is known around here as Coladin. I consider myself as an experienced owner of the AMG brand and a fanatic of the brand. I have been around three generations of C63 and can surmise that the 507 is a bit notch above the regular if you will. It feels faster, sounds louder and overall is more in your face. This is not a seat of the pants thing, but for real. Ever since this 507 was introduced I have read countless threads here about it being a waste of money, and my P31 is the same thing, or a C63 with a tune is faster etc...what I have noticed is that everyone who doesn't own a 507 are the ones justifying themselves. Get over yourselves, the 507 is better and not just a parts bin junkie.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by 1st amg
I had one of the first C63 in Canada, my brother had a 2011 C63 and he now owns a 507 sedan and he is known around here as Coladin. I consider myself as an experienced owner of the AMG brand and a fanatic of the brand. I have been around three generations of C63 and can surmise that the 507 is a bit notch above the regular if you will. It feels faster, sounds louder and overall is more in your face. This is not a seat of the pants thing, but for real. Ever since this 507 was introduced I have read countless threads here about it being a waste of money, and my P31 is the same thing, or a C63 with a tune is faster etc...what I have noticed is that everyone who doesn't own a 507 are the ones justifying themselves. Get over yourselves, the 507 is better and not just a parts bin junkie.
The coffee just is sooo much better and awesome-r when its in a Starbucks cup vs. a McDonalds cup
Old 09-05-2014, 12:49 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Dude - that is crazy talk. Next you will be saying that your SLS is better than a C63. After all its just another M15X engine, the rest is just "fluff"...
Old 09-05-2014, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.

By the same token, it is always the 507 owners trying to justify the higher amount of money they spent by saying that it's a all high and mighty car. I don't really care personally to be honest, I am happy with mine and most likely will change it in a little while. But just wanted to point out that the argument you made can be stated both ways. Just in this thread for example, pretty much all non 507 owners talking about the 507 not being special and the 507 owners defending it as much as possible. To each their own I say, enjoy whatever you have, seriously.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by papashango
By the same token, it is always the 507 owners trying to justify the higher amount of money they spent by saying that it's a all high and mighty car. I don't really care personally to be honest, I am happy with mine and most likely will change it in a little while. But just wanted to point out that the argument you made can be stated both ways. Just in this thread for example, pretty much all non 507 owners talking about the 507 not being special and the 507 owners defending it as much as possible. To each their own I say, enjoy whatever you have, seriously.
I don't really think that is the point. Saying who has the better C63.

They all start out as a base model and you add options.

Then it comes down to what knowledge the buyer is going in with. There are also many different types of buyers. I will also be the first to admit that I did not know every little in and out of a C63 when I bought my first one. However, approaching my second C63 was a different story.

Obviously you decide if you want sedan or coupe.

The next biggest thing (for me) was PP or not. I do not track the car and I also have no plans to supercharge. No PP it is. I'll take the cheaper brakes all day long. So I miss out on forged internals. Doesn't matter because the car wont see that kind of power.

Next, headlights. Oh my god. Sorry guys with halogens... I get some of you just went for it because everything else was perfect. For me, it could have been the deal of a century on a 507/BS whatever but if it had halogens I am not buying it.

As for the 507. I think it is a little unfortunate that it got branded as a type of a C63 rather than what it really is, a package. For instance, generally people with PP C63's just say "I have a C63." Then later will add it has the performance pack. Someone with a 507 says "I have a 507" when really you have a C63 with a 507 package.

With that out of the way, I'm not talking down on 507's as though they are a bad value. For some people they are a great value ESPECIALLY if you do not want to modify or risk the warranty.

I mentioned earlier that this doesn't matter to me. A tune + headers and I have more power than a 507 and furthermore, in theory, a 507 with a tune + headers has the same power as I do. All I am missing really is the hood which I can obviously get cheaper than a 507.

It is all a matter of who the buyer is and how educated they are particularly with the knowledge of what exactly they want.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG

I have been reading this thread, am I correct in stating that both the black series and 507 come in wide body edition. The extra tire width in the rear is so important to handle the power. Wide body kits and installation are expensive, come with fit issues, and are plastic instead of aluminum. They are great for your own use but add nothing to resale and 50 years from now the car will have to sell as a stupid tribute car at half the price of a 507. Voided warrantees, lost resale value, botched mods are all things to consider.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:36 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Mercfan64
I have been reading this thread, am I correct in stating that both the black series and 507 come in wide body edition. The extra tire width in the rear is so important to handle the power. Wide body kits and installation are expensive, come with fit issues, and are plastic instead of aluminum. They are great for your own use but add nothing to resale and 50 years from now the car will have to sell as a stupid tribute car at half the price of a 507. Voided warrantees, lost resale value, botched mods are all things to consider.
507 is standard width, only the black series is wide body, with increased tyre widths to go with it.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Mercfan64
If the 507 came with a widebody then there would be no discussion here. However, if it came with a widebody then it would also devalue the black series as it would pretty much be the same thing (aside from some things) which is why it doesn't.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:34 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by papashango
My 507 cost more or less the same as my 2011 non p31 that had premium package . Seemed like a pretty good deal to me. I think the gist of what 1st amg was getting at is many p31 owners not believing the 507bhp aspect of the vehicle. Many here believe that this p31 is the same as a 507. I don't think it is as my driving experience clearly demonstrates a marked upgrade in performance. I am happy to have my 507 and like many others here the M156 will be sorely missed!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin 507 Coupe Pics - Used 507 for Sale