C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone heard from Weistec? My car died!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2014 | 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Instead of reading what you want to read and spouting off at the mouth, why not read the entire post that the op placed.
Jim, from what I 'understand' of your experience with Weistec, maybe you ought to be more sympathetic with blown63....
Not everyone has the ability or the funds to place their cars on a transport trailer and send it off to Weistec every time they have an issue with their build. Not to mention Jim, if you knew the shop where Weistec authorized the work to be done on op's car, and as one of your previous posts leads us to believe that they are a subpar installer, why the hell wouldn't you open your mouth ahead of time and let op know that?
I am sure this all comes down to different categories of customers had by Weistec.
A. Individuals who basically help fund Weistec with the amount of time their vehicles spend at their shop - This time also allows for R&D time while working on those cars.
B. Customers who have work done at Weistec with no issues whatsoever
C. Customers who have work done at Weistec with some issues, but live nearby and can have all initial work and or follow up work handled by Weistec themselves.
D. Customers who have work done at a Weistec authorized installer location that do not live nearby with no issues whatsoever
E. Customers who have work done at a Weistec authorized installer location that do not live nearby and do have issues. Issues that should ultimately be handled by Weistec as no one has a better handle on their products than they do, but wait... How does Weistec know what a third party installer did when installing the Weistec products?

All of these scenarios present challenges of their own, but none more difficult to address than the last one.

OP and Weistec will get it sorted out I am sure, but when there are issues, I guarantee emotions get involved and that is ok, it happens. But as I said, I am sure they will sort it out.
I am sympathetic to the situation and have met Blown63(not sure if he wants his first name used here or not), I have nothing against him, good guy in my book. I just thought the thread was misleading, calculated and munipulative, a point which you also pointed out and commended the OP for if I am not mistaken. The only problem here is that I know the ENTIRE story which is why I was pressing OP to divulge more info. Bottom line Weistec was forced to fix a lot of [that other shop's] mistakes and that is all I am going to say.
Old 09-17-2014 | 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
I am sympathetic to the situation and have met Blown63(not sure if he wants his first name used here or not), I have nothing against him, good guy in my book. I just thought the thread was misleading, calculated and munipulative, a point which you also pointed out and commended the OP for if I am not mistaken. The only problem here is that I know the ENTIRE story which is why I was pressing OP to divulge more info. Bottom line Weistec was forced to fix a lot of [that other shop's] mistakes and that is all I am going to say.
And that is unfortunate, but the price they (Weistec) paid to keep good face with their appreciated customer. Kudos to Weistec for this!

Its a tough business to be in.
Old 09-17-2014 | 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Instead of reading what you want to read and spouting off at the mouth, why not read the entire post that the op placed.
Jim, from what I 'understand' of your experience with Weistec, maybe you ought to be more sympathetic with blown63....
Not everyone has the ability or the funds to place their cars on a transport trailer and send it off to Weistec every time they have an issue with their build. Not to mention Jim, if you knew the shop where Weistec authorized the work to be done on op's car, and as one of your previous posts leads us to believe that they are a subpar installer, why the hell wouldn't you open your mouth ahead of time and let op know that?
I am sure this all comes down to different categories of customers had by Weistec.
A. Individuals who basically help fund Weistec with the amount of time their vehicles spend at their shop - This time also allows for R&D time while working on those cars.
B. Customers who have work done at Weistec with no issues whatsoever
C. Customers who have work done at Weistec with some issues, but live nearby and can have all initial work and or follow up work handled by Weistec themselves.
D. Customers who have work done at a Weistec authorized installer location that do not live nearby with no issues whatsoever
E. Customers who have work done at a Weistec authorized installer location that do not live nearby and do have issues. Issues that should ultimately be handled by Weistec as no one has a better handle on their products than they do, but wait... How does Weistec know what a third party installer did when installing the Weistec products?

All of these scenarios present challenges of their own, but none more difficult to address than the last one.

OP and Weistec will get it sorted out I am sure, but when there are issues, I guarantee emotions get involved and that is ok, it happens. But as I said, I am sure they will sort it out.
Since all i'm doing is " spouting off at the mouth " , maybe you can answer my question since i'm just reading what I want to read

Why did Weistec have the car for an additional 4 months after the complete build was already done ?

Originally Posted by jrcart
I guess my question for Autosport7 was just answered by you

I knew this was going to be the answer from the very beginning but I wanted to see if anyone else would step up and say it out loud rather than basically saying that Weistec's parts were in the car so it's their responsibility to fix it when it has issues .
Old 09-17-2014 | 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
Since all i'm doing is " spouting off at the mouth " , maybe you can answer my question since i'm just reading what I want to read

Why did Weistec have the car for an additional 4 months after the complete build was already done ?
I'm not sure this has relevance.
It was at Weistec for whatever reason, let's say it was to fix an issue that was created by a third party.
Wouldn't it under any and all circumstance not be in Weistecs best interest to ensure a problematic free vehicle is delivered at all costs once they agreed to making the fix? Because now since they were the last to touch it, they own all issues until the next party touches it.

Btw, these aren't my rules or thoughts, but just the way it is... No?
Old 09-18-2014 | 03:37 AM

2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Weistec authorizes the 3rd party to install their products, correct?
So shouldn't Weistec take responsibility for any issues?
Old 09-18-2014 | 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by kimeran
Weistec authorizes the 3rd party to install their products, correct?
It appears so.
Originally Posted by kimeran
So shouldn't Weistec take responsibility for any issues?
Yes
Old 09-18-2014 | 08:20 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
who did the OP contract with?

did he pay weistec and weistec pay the installer as a subcontractor, ie, 1 contract?
this would make weistec responsible for the installers work

or did the op pay them seperately, ie, 2 contracts?
this would make each party responsible for their scope (overlaps are a tricky issue)

that will determine contractual responsibilty to some extent
Old 09-18-2014 | 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I would agree until the point where Weistec took the car in to make the last repairs, no matter who was paid originally, Weistec was the last with their hands in the mix and owes a properly functioning vehicle regardless of who created the issue.
Old 09-18-2014 | 08:28 AM
Banned

'16 C63-S
stupid ****ing thread
Old 09-18-2014 | 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
who did the OP contract with?

did he pay weistec and weistec pay the installer as a subcontractor, ie, 1 contract?
this would make weistec responsible for the installers work

or did the op pay them seperately, ie, 2 contracts?
this would make each party responsible for their scope (overlaps are a tricky issue)

that will determine contractual responsibilty to some extent
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
stupid ****ing thread
Welcome back Ingenieur & Guilty!
Old 09-18-2014 | 08:08 PM

2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Lol. Goodluck op. Putting that much money into a car that will die on you...I'd be upset too.
Old 09-21-2014 | 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

10 C six trizzle
let us know what happened with this. I just have to add... how does a shop screw up this install? The supercharger kit is no different than any other supercharger kit for any other car. Other than the crappy crimp job i had on my car that eventually caused codes from the previous owner's shop install, I just dont understand what could go wrong. It's all bolt on and plug and play.
Old 09-22-2014 | 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
It's a very very easy install.

Hard to believe anyone could mess it up if they have a shop.

I did it at home in my garage durning winter over a few days.

Hardest part was drilling the crank for the key way.