Sponsored by:

Secret menu in recent MY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Would like an expalanation as I was fiddling around with it last night and just felt lost.

Also, it would help if you posted what year your car is. The 2012 seems to have a different menu than 2013+
Old 10-01-2014, 01:35 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
Would like an expalanation as I was fiddling around with it last night and just felt lost.

Also, it would help if you posted what year your car is. The 2012 seems to have a different menu than 2013+
OP said his model is 2013. Mine is 2012 and I'm a bit paranoid I might have messed up a setting in there (although I don't thinn I fiddled with too much). I found this menu to be a bit useless for my C63. My rearview camera doesn't seem to work anymore after I selected a different code in there. Anyone know the default rear vew camera code in the engineering menu?
Old 10-01-2014, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by Mr Jones
Cyberorth, Which setting on that PDF list was it that allowed you to add passive perimeter lines to the rear camera view please.
Remember that I got the lines on my 2011 C, the menus for my 2014 GL did not give me that option, rather different camera systems altogether.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Overspooled
Was playing around with this over night, didn't find anything useful... can someone explain more clearly how to enable the rear-view camera lines and the G's screen? I got to see the 3 different analog clocks available but they would not change when I would close and open the system.
Ok you guys need to think about what you're doing before going and messing things up! I am disappointed that some have gone and changed setting without taking note of the defaults and now have trouble regaining the normal functionality. Think people.

Few things:

This thread is not intended as a how to. I am reporting what I found for people who are aware of these menus and have previous experience with them. This engineering menu topic has been discussed before. It is wise to search this and learn as much as can before modifying things. There is a reason this is not meant for the public to access.

Every MY and model has different menu items. I have a 2014 gl and a 2011 c. I can tell you that the c allowed me to add parking aid lines, which don't line up correctly and are not adjustable. I can tell you that it allows me to pick one of various cameras but one should not pick a camera that the car does not have, otherwise it will not work.

After some modifications a reboot is needed, so you have to turn off the car and wait a few minutes and turn the comand back on. Many noted that they made changes but nothing happened. You gotta reboot.

As mentioned the main areain which I found things is under UH parameter menu. I didn't find anything I liked anywhere else. When I searched under hu parameter I came across the reverse camera lines in the c. The default was off the option was x204. I picked the option for the lines to appear. I didn't find anything else for the c.

For the gl, I found start up screen options but all three options were the same file. I found an item about the clock facing and I changed it to a silver circle. A square face is available as well. A menu item called abc allowed me to add the g meter OR the off-road menu (not both) to the system screen, which has the clock and seat massage options as the default. That's it. I have provided the source of my knowledge in my thread, so the readers have the same info as me.

Please be wise and think. You can play but put everything back where you found it. Peace
Old 10-01-2014, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Razzy
OP said his model is 2013. Mine is 2012 and I'm a bit paranoid I might have messed up a setting in there (although I don't thinn I fiddled with too much). I found this menu to be a bit useless for my C63. My rearview camera doesn't seem to work anymore after I selected a different code in there. Anyone know the default rear vew camera code in the engineering menu?
Go to the corresponding menu. Pick one option, make note of it. Reboot comand. Try reverse and see if it works. Only one should work ( my guess). If there is an option starting with SV... That's for surround view, you can skip that. Another 2012 owner can also look it up and tell you if they are kind
Old 10-02-2014, 01:18 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by cyberorth
Go to the corresponding menu. Pick one option, make note of it. Reboot comand. Try reverse and see if it works. Only one should work ( my guess). If there is an option starting with SV... That's for surround view, you can skip that. Another 2012 owner can also look it up and tell you if they are kind
I got the rear camera back to default and got pretty much everything back to default. I'm just a bit paranoid and anxious when it comes to my car

I could not find the G-meter readings though. I activated the Off-road function and it didn't do anything besides move a number that I presume was degree of turning angle. I turned it off promptly.

If anyone has pics of their default settings in their 2012 model HU Settings I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 C63 PP
Cyberorth, thanks for taking the trouble to write all that a ain in one post. Yes it's a good idea to photograph each screen before changing any parameter.

On my Dec 2012 build C63, on the Rear View Camera menu I have a choice of cameras which I haven't bothered to change but there are 2 active but greyed out items below: Track Recording and Track Guidance. I can't adjust them but I'm intrigued as to what they refer to. Anyone have any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Secret menu in recent MY-image-1831596281.jpg  
Old 10-02-2014, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mr Jones
Cyberorth, thanks for taking the trouble to write all that a ain in one post. Yes it's a good idea to photograph each screen before changing any parameter.

On my Dec 2012 build C63, on the Rear View Camera menu I have a choice of cameras which I haven't bothered to change but there are 2 active but greyed out items below: Track Recording and Track Guidance. I can't adjust them but I'm intrigued as to what they refer to. Anyone have any ideas?
I'll take a pic next time I'm in the c to show what menu item does the lines.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
I have successfully changed the main gauge cluster to auto-default the AMG menu. No more hitting the arrow a few times to left after start-up. It now briefly shows odometer, then goes straight to the first AMG menu screen, temps/speed/gear selection.

I know it's first world problems, but I was always semi-annoyed at the fact that I had to continuously put it on the AMG screen manually. I followed parts of this thread and did a reboot several times and it finally stuck. Been solidly good for a week now. Very excited!! Since I always drive with that display, it was nice to get my car to do it permanently.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by jordanaf
I have successfully changed the main gauge cluster to auto-default the AMG menu. No more hitting the arrow a few times to left after start-up. It now briefly shows odometer, then goes straight to the first AMG menu screen, temps/speed/gear selection.

I know it's first world problems, but I was always semi-annoyed at the fact that I had to continuously put it on the AMG screen manually. I followed parts of this thread and did a reboot several times and it finally stuck. Been solidly good for a week now. Very excited!! Since I always drive with that display, it was nice to get my car to do it permanently.

My 507 defaults to whatever menu you had it at? so I start with the AMG all the time? perhaps its because it a Canadian vehicle?
Old 10-03-2014, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now if you can just make it stay in S...
Old 10-04-2014, 01:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 C63 PP
These are my results so far.

I tried SPLIT SCREEN but nothing changed. I'm assuming it's for newer models with wider screens.

I tried to switch on FAVORITE FUNCTION which would allow you to assign functions to the number keys but this didn't do anything. Probably only on newer models again.

I was able to get both the ON & OFF ROAD or ABC display up (either one or the other).
I'm assuming ABC is Active Body Control. The only thing that moves on the screen is the G Force meter. As someone mentioned this is a bit of fun but doesn't have an exact figure. There are vertical graphs that look like they would move if they had info being input to them on models that do have ABC.
With the ON & OFF ROAD screen, the only thing that changes is the central angle near the number plate but even then it doesn't seem to make sense. I went up a ramp and it showed an angle but then it went back to zero while I was still on the ramp. Again, it mustn't be being feed the correct info.

I've been able to switch all 3 clocks as well.

One thing I tried to change is MAP HORIZON I/F. It has always bothered me that in the NAVIGATION where the land meets the sky there is a white mist. It's supposed to smooth the transition but it just makes it look foggy and means you cant read some things properly. I don't recall this when I first got my car and then after a COMAND update at the dealer it started looking like this. It is normally set to SLA (whatever that is) I tried switching it to NONE but it didn't make a difference. Does everyone else's horizon look foggy like mine?
Attached Thumbnails Secret menu in recent MY-image-626143924.jpg   Secret menu in recent MY-image-3625406746.jpg   Secret menu in recent MY-image-4168162890.jpg   Secret menu in recent MY-image-2363286725.jpg  
Old 10-04-2014, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV

Since selecting the AMG menu (oil temperature, coolant temperature, etc.) on day one of ownership, my car has always defaulted to the AMG menu. I have a '13 C63 sedan.

Weird.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 AMG C63 edition 1 sedan, Toytota Tacoma, Ford F250 Diesel, Honda CBR600RR, Suzuki GSXR 600
My 2012 does the same. I selected that after a couple of days and the car starts with that menu now.

Im going to play with mine today and see what goodies I can find.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
Originally Posted by zibby43
Since selecting the AMG menu (oil temperature, coolant temperature, etc.) on day one of ownership, my car has always defaulted to the AMG menu. I have a '13 C63 sedan.

Weird.
Ditto. Happy it does. And I believe my '14 does offer a split screen function (for DVD watching, IIRC), but I've never used it so not sure.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:50 PM

C63 AMG
I have a 2012 model and mine too stays at the last screen I kept it at. Which is usually the AMG screen.