Sponsored by:

C63 AMG BS Engine Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG BS
Originally Posted by jcfay
That's my understanding, but again picked it up reading in the forums. Here's one recent thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-start-up.html
Thanks for the link. It seems as most people are content living with flawed vehicles. I'm the type to repair every nic/scratch/dent. So when it comes to the heart/engine, its pretty serious. I'm trying to do my homework so that my 140k investment remains pristine/healthy/100%.
I'm hopeful that it's the engine mount. I have done a couple high speed runs (180+), but won't really get an idea if it is/isn't motor mounts till monday.
Gonna get a video up in a little of the startup and idle.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by chrismtse8
Thanks for the link. It seems as most people are content living with flawed vehicles. I'm the type to repair every nic/scratch/dent. So when it comes to the heart/engine, its pretty serious. I'm trying to do my homework so that my 140k investment remains pristine/healthy/100%.
I'm hopeful that it's the engine mount. I have done a couple high speed runs (180+), but won't really get an idea if it is/isn't motor mounts till monday.
I wouldn't say a car is an investment but being finicky about a car you paid $140k is the way to go
Old 10-03-2014, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63
Investment in a good time
The following users liked this post:
C63fora2w1 (03-23-2017)
Old 10-04-2014, 05:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
Hell yeah it's an investment. I spent my money on it and I get serious returns of fun, fun, fun. That's my return. I doubt I'll ever be an "investor" in autos (which I know is possible) - seems so lame. I want a car for fun, to drive and enjoy, and so many auto "investments" need to be hidden away and not used. What a waste. But that's just me, and I'm happy burning the $$$ so that I can get a kick in the pants a few times a day
Old 10-05-2014, 02:53 AM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63 S, 2011 C63 R.I.P.
you mention nyc in an earlier post, where are you scheduled to take it in? if you're taking it in somewhere around the city, i really recommend mb manhattan. it's not really a normal dealer, but rather an mbusa owned/operated facility. they've been pretty good to me and were able to diagnose an issue that caused a bad misfire when another dealership couldn't and just cleared the cel and gave the car back to me a week later. pm me if you'd like rep's name/contact info.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:56 AM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
When the engine starts it makes loud mechanical noise which quickly disappears
Hey chrismtse8,

If you are referring to valve train noise on start up, then I have the same problem with my 2014 507 Coupe once in a while. It doesn't always do it but when it does the noise is pretty loud and sounds horrible!

I have only had the car for about 4 months and it the noise has only occurred about 5 or 6 times but it is still pretty disconcerting.

I only have about 5,000 miles on it but I was considering doing an early oil change to see if that would solve the issue.

Keep us posted on your results and findings
Old 10-10-2014, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 p31
OK... so mine just did something extremely random. I pulled into my work carpark bay and noticed the car shudder slightly. Then the centre screen with all the speed and gear position details started to flicker. I thought this was odd so I turned the car off.

As soon as I turned the car off, everything died. There was no power to anything. The dash wouldn't light up as the doors are opened and closed and the remote did nothing. The interior lights wouldn't come on either. It's almost like someone yanked the battery from the car.

I managed to open the boot using the key and while I was poking around in there, I opened the fuse box to see if there was anything in there. I heard a click and the electricals all came back to life. I tried starting the car and it started without a hesitation.

Very bizarre. I have an electrical gremlin that shuts the car off!! I'm having it towed now to the dealer and we'll see what they find...
Old 03-23-2017, 09:17 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
c63 amg PP (w204)
Any update on this?

I'm experiencing the same problem :-(
Old 06-27-2017, 02:30 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
c63 amg PP (w204)
2013 C63 AMG Black Series
BMC Air Filter
2 Oil Services - Including B Service

MB Family,

Cold Start or Warm Start -When the engine starts it makes loud mechanical noise which quickly disappears. It doesn't sound like a screeching ignition but its loud, not normal and is of concern.

When holding the brake pedal (light or soft) I can feel what seems like the engines pistons firing or kicking (through the brake pedal) There is no specific pattern to the vibration/kick but it is clearly not normal.

I've tried to go through the forums but have not found any threads that have these two symptoms combined.

I'm going in for service in a couple days but if possible I would like to give the techs a more specific diagnosis.

Intake Gasket? or Engine Bearing?
Unfortunately I have hit a couple bad pot holes in NYC but have not immediately noticed these symptoms.

If you could please give me some input, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best, Chris

Brake pedal pulsing is definitely not something related with engine mounts - I just had all 3 replaced and the pulsing is still there. It feels as if the car is trying to creep forward on traffic lights. I'm starting to think that it is somehow related to the rpm dependant whining noise my car has