I guess we do drive ticket magnets...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 08:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
I guess we do drive ticket magnets...

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/transp...nt-its-not-the

Not sure where the C63 falls on the list, but they do mention the CLS63. I guess the good news is we're not nearly as high as a lot of the other vehicles...
Old 10-02-2014, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
It's kind of a skewed report.

It simply asks 1) What do you drive? and 2) have you been ticketed?

The problem with such a report is that it must be hard getting a large enough sample size for C63 drivers.

Then look at the list, the top five cars are all the type of cars I wanted when I was in high school or college. They are fast yet cheap or cool cars. The Subara WRX market is for all those young guys who want a stupid fast car for the money. Add that in with the same sensibilites we all had at that age when we drove and you can understand the ticketing.

Also, most of us are smart enough not to engage in street racing or overly speeding on here. In our car's price range, we tend to be able to afford going to a track for $200 and to let it all out there.

Lastly, just pure numbers. If there are 2 C63 out there on the road compared to lets say 100 Subaru WRX's, odds are more of those drivers are likely to raise their hands that they got a ticket.

I don't think it matters what car you drive. I used to drive a Toyota Highlander before I got the C63, and I used to "speed" in that too (I would cruise the highway at 80-85 regularly and when I would head down to San Diego for school and its late at night and you've got empty freeways I would sometimes take it to its max 110). Basically, its the driver not the car.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
I agree. I wonder if insurers use this sort of info to calculate insurance rates?
Old 10-02-2014, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
I just saw something with the same top cars... But it gave me the option to see where our cars sit.

It only allowed c-class, but it was down at 194.