Sponsored by:

Quick review + install tips on Agency Power headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Quick review + install tips on Agency Power headers

So yesterday at the shop we tackled installing AP headers on my C63!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fBL...ature=youtu.be

We started at about 11 in the morning and were done by about 8 at night. I will first say that if you are going to install these, a hoist and two men is the best way to do it. Removing the stock log's only took about 4 hours because we could tackle multiple bolts at a time (and because my bolts weren't seized, half the time whole studs came out). And a lot of patience and thinking on the fly is required.

The headers:

Name:  9vEnyEL.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  477.2 KB

Quick review + install tips on Agency Power headers-6tfmkpw.jpg

Quick review + install tips on Agency Power headers-r7vuei9.jpg

The weld quality on the headers is top notch, and the fitment is beautiful! To install them I didn't have to remove a single thing that some do, the engine mounts/heat shields stayed on, the AC lines stayed in, and the valve covers stayed on. Once the primaries were on it was easy to slip them into the collectors and bolt the collectors up. The midpipes went in very easily.

A few tips:

Quick review + install tips on Agency Power headers-qyfohcu.jpg

- It is easiest for some bolts if you can have one guy under the car to position and push a wrench up while someone up top operates it. A swivel socket with long sockets is critical for the top bolts. A cheater bar over it will help too.

- A 11mm wrench with a ratchet head will save your arm strength

- DO NOT let the steering column disconnect, this happened to me and now I need an alignment, even after aligning all the markings.

- Make sure all the bolts are very tight, but not overtightened, if they back out, it's a lot of work to get to them.

The sound:

Oh my, I am in love. Driving in comfort mode there is no noticeable difference from stock, but put the car in sport or manual and... Hold onto your hats. At about 3000-7000RPM it sounds like someone has unleashed a dragon. Every single head in the city will turn and look at you in awe/disgust. When you let off the gas the car will throw some rather beautiful backfires and crackles, it sometimes sounds like a turbo anti-lag system.

The car is currently on an ECUProgram stage 2 tune, and the power is unimaginable. (600CHP or so, dyno results to come in the future).

If you are considering headers but do not want the car to be super loud... You may require an axleback of some kind, or just drive in comfort mode all the time.

*** also be VERY CAREFUL opening up on main roads, even if you aren't speeding. Cops hear you a few miles away and will go out of their way to ticket you sometimes. On my way home last night I got pulled over doing 100 in an 80 (km/h) going down hill, and the cop starts yelling at me "WHERES THE FIRE???". When asked to see my clocked speed he refused, and just handed me a ticket... He also said because I'm young and own a C63 I must be a drug dealer... Hah.

Hope this helps some of you out!

- Kyle

Last edited by ToXicXxX; 10-05-2014 at 02:41 PM.