SICOM Carbon-Ceramic complete-kit for C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 T-model with PP, E63s T-model
SICOM Carbon-Ceramic complete-kit for C63 AMG

Hello guys,

wasnt here for a moment, as the car is working perfect and i am happy every morning in garage

Just yesterday was again googling, if there is a company which is manufacturing complete CC brakes kit and finally find one

Did quick search here, and didnt find thread about this , so wanted to ask, if somebody do know this company ? as the brakes kit looks TOP

they do have smaller (380mm) kit for 18" as also bigger (400mm) for 19"

http://www.carbonceramicbrake.com/mercedes-benz.html
Old 11-19-2014, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Never heard of it.
Do they work in the US?
Old 11-19-2014, 12:39 PM

Dont know, I am just on email with their german sales, company ceo (really friendly & informative), who respnd few my question, few of them were about lead time which is 3-4 weeks, this "upgrade" does also include handbrake rebuild, as also this kit fit to cars with Perfromance Package, whats my case...
Old 11-19-2014, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by brano_co
Dont know, I am just on email with their german sales, company ceo (really friendly & informative), who respnd few my question, few of them were about lead time which is 3-4 weeks, this "upgrade" does also include handbrake rebuild, as also this kit fit to cars with Perfromance Package, whats my case...
People use the handbrake (parking brake)? I know I don't. Interesting find. Let us know what you find out. The only other carbon ceramic conversion I've seen is the one Dads did on his Black Series conversion. I think another BS guy said the e-class stuff bolted right up, but not on a standard car.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:40 PM

I wasnt been using parking brake before too, till one me mate told me (can somebody confirm this ?) , once using just P on gearbox once parking on steel hils , you can after few years brake some pin whihc is holding the car weight... after that i started to use the parking brake too , once parking on step hills ...

Now back to topic, yes I do know that Dads cars was retrofited with them, but I do know (from what I remember) he did some changes on some parts, this kit , from what I know is just "plug and play" so shut be much easier to fit those...
Old 11-20-2014, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
This I such better
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...onversion.html
Old 11-20-2014, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by brano_co
I wasnt been using parking brake before too, till one me mate told me (can somebody confirm this ?) , once using just P on gearbox once parking on steel hils , you can after few years brake some pin whihc is holding the car weight... after that i started to use the parking brake too , once parking on step hills ...

Now back to topic, yes I do know that Dads cars was retrofited with them, but I do know (from what I remember) he did some changes on some parts, this kit , from what I know is just "plug and play" so shut be much easier to fit those...
Yes, when you put a car in park it engages what is known as a parking pawl, it's a heavy gauge steel pin that locks the transmission. While unlikely, it can fail when it's trying to hold back the car on a steep hill, especially if parking on one is a common ocurance.

Be happy we don't have electronic parking brakes like Audi, they have been known to lose grip over time and let cars slide down hills.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by mthis
Yeah thats the one I was talking about. IIRC, that conversion was like $25k because it required the E-class rear axles and some other modifications. I think the OP is looking for just rotors and pads that work with stock calipers.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
I did not think our standard 6 piston calipers could be used with carbon discs. Simply did not think of it that way. On the other hand that could be very interesting, and only needs discs with the same diameter and within reason similar thickness, I guess.

Can Sicom discs be used like that? My 507 calipers look better/beefier than the Sicom ones (those are 4 piston). Could that be the ideal combination?
Old 11-27-2014, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Yeah thats the one I was talking about. IIRC, that conversion was like $25k because it required the E-class rear axles and some other modifications. I think the OP is looking for just rotors and pads that work with stock calipers.
Yes thats the part of my point why I was looking for this SICOM kit, as it juts plug and play and it doesnt cost 25K ...

I also dont like the look of the SICOM calipers, but once i had possibility to test R8 V10 CC brakes , I was clear what I am going for sooner or latter and this do looks like nice way how to swap them
Old 11-27-2014, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
I can't remember. Someon used to make carbon ceramic rotors and pads to go with them for use with the stock calipers. I think it was something like $8,000 per axle. I honestly can't remember. Not many people used them though.