Out Of Control!!

Received 2,111 Likes on 1,474 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
A Ferrari Modena would be a nice first car
Old 11-30-2014, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking to buy
c63 first car

i think you miss understood what i meant by "driving a customers car" i was not driving them on public roads and i think you get the impression that I am some spoiled stuck up kid. I assure you I'm not i had to work my *** of for the money i have to spend on a car and didn't get a single cent from anyone in my family, And yes i understand what my parents had done might shock you but its not something that is such a big deal in my country and specially not in our town/city. I did not come hear to argue with people about things that i can do nothing about now how about u ask yourself this, if your father came home with a nice car and offered to let you drive it in a non-public area would you say no and i worked at this workshop and worked on the cars and drove them in front of the customers and none of them had a problem with it because i was responsible and my parents trusted me. By me telling my driving story i did not mean for people to have to go on about calling my bluff (of which there wasn't one ) I though this website was about people who wanted advice and to talk about cars not to be hounded about something that has nothing to do with the question. All i wanted to do by telling my experience with driving is to let people know that I'm not some 18 year old kid who just started driving and wants his parents to buy him a 450+hp car. Say i did get a c63 i would treat that car with more respect and love than I do for certain people in the world because I know i worked and saved for more than 5 years to buy it so it would be something i can be proud of and if you think what Ive said was meant to be a bluff then so be it.... This thread was just meant to be somewhere where i could get peoples opinions on things that can still change like a car not the way i stared driving them.

Last edited by KAP13; 11-30-2014 at 05:12 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:06 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,412 Likes on 2,854 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
And driving on public roads without a license at 14?
And your dad is a master euro car mechanic with his own shop?
Wouldn't he be the one to ask these questions?

At 18 you have cash to buy and maintain the car?
And been to the amg courses?
Lol
who the frakk are you??? have you been to the guys town in South Africa?
you have led a sheltered life here in the states and you have the audacity to accuse this guy of anything?????
who cares if they drive at 10??? it's a different culture you jackwagon!!!!!!
and to continually harass OP for posting some questions?????

you're an American icon
Old 11-30-2014, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I don't believe a lick of this, but whatever.

You sound like a great owner of a C63.

Just don't wrap it around a pole.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Since I'm curious,

would you mind explaining how an 18 year old was able to save up the roughly $40,000 required to purchase the vehicle, plus fuel, insurance, and maintenance?
Old 11-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hyperion667
you have led a sheltered life here in the states and you have the audacity to accuse this guy of anything?????

you're an American icon
You hate Americans?
The age to drive in SA is 18
Driving regulations are usually more stringent in other countries, unless 3rd world
No need for name calling lil' cowpoke
My lfe has not been as sheltered as I would like lol
Hicks around my part drive at a young age and end up killing others at times
Under age driving happens in all countries

Using a word like frakk to spoof the blocker is an infraction apparently
Old 11-30-2014, 09:23 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by KAP13
i think you miss understood what i meant by "driving a customers car" i was not driving them on public roads and i think you get the impression that I am some spoiled stuck up kid. I assure you I'm not i had to work my *** of for the money i have to spend on a car and didn't get a single cent from anyone in my family, And yes i understand what my parents had done might shock you but its not something that is such a big deal in my country and specially not in our town/city. I did not come hear to argue with people about things that i can do nothing about now how about u ask yourself this, if your father came home with a nice car and offered to let you drive it in a non-public area would you say no and i worked at this workshop and worked on the cars and drove them in front of the customers and none of them had a problem with it because i was responsible and my parents trusted me. By me telling my driving story i did not mean for people to have to go on about calling my bluff (of which there wasn't one ) I though this website was about people who wanted advice and to talk about cars not to be hounded about something that has nothing to do with the question. All i wanted to do by telling my experience with driving is to let people know that I'm not some 18 year old kid who just started driving and wants his parents to buy him a 450+hp car. Say i did get a c63 i would treat that car with more respect and love than I do for certain people in the world because I know i worked and saved for more than 5 years to buy it so it would be something i can be proud of and if you think what Ive said was meant to be a bluff then so be it.... This thread was just meant to be somewhere where i could get peoples opinions on things that can still change like a car not the way i stared driving them.
Wow

As others have said despite your advanced driving skills it is not a good car for a 18 year old
As others have asked how did you accumulate $50k usd all on your own by 18?
Cars are more expensive in SA aren't they

Last edited by Ingenieur; 11-30-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport

you're an American icon
You have to remember ingenieur knows everything. Whatever he says is right. He is Buddah, he is God, he owns us all.

I love how he has to have his little input to whenever someone wants to buy something.

It's his money and he can do Whatever the hell he wants to with it, regardless of age.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ToXicXxX
I'm not even picking on him, I'm just baffled by what I've read.

I remember back when I was a Bimmerpost frequenter, there was this 16 year old stuck up kid who's dad bought him a E90 335i, and who would lie about things like being head salesmen at some dealership, or all sorts of other garbage. He went on for a long while, until some members were able to wiggle into his personal life (via his open sharing of social networking info) and exposed him, it was a real hoot.
I think kids get bored and do stuff like this
If you look at his long posts they are a combination of diatrabe, justification, fantasy and manifesto lol
They try to include info so they get the answer they want, to lead you
For example how can one say a kid who has been driving hipo cars since 10 isn't ready for an AMG?
imho better to just have fun with it
Old 11-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
You have to remember ingenieur knows everything. Whatever he says is right. He is Buddah, he is God, he owns us all.

I love how he has to have his little input to whenever someone wants to buy something.

It's his money and he can do Whatever the hell he wants to with it, regardless of age.
Not everything
You are stalking, we have no relationship, let it go, not healthy, kind of creepy
But I think most agree a 10 year old should not be driving customers cars
He asked, I said it is not a good first car for an 18 yr old
Others have said the same
This thread is similar, same style, posted at the same time
My guess: same person

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ilydriver.html

Last edited by Ingenieur; 11-30-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:00 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe

you're an American icon
+1 and that's putting it mildly...

OP: If the C63 is your passion and you can afford it, sure why not get one as a first car. Age plays no role into how mature you are as an individual. The way the thread has been hi-jacked only proves this fact. Perhaps the individual being negative has issues with younger adults that have the means of attaining similar material things which he may not or could not achieve himself at a similar age. This is not an accusation, just an observation. I surely didn't have the means at that age (I'm now in my 50s) but being that a 17-18, 20 year old is considering a car like this that doesn't bother me. People will be negative, and that's life. Just don't lend yourself to the "baiting", it's their way of manipulating the discussion. This guy comes from a certain walk of life and has specific values, that's great. We all have certain values, people like this just need to mind your own business; govern your own store.

The C63 is an awesome car. From my experience, I find it at times too much car as a daily driver in the area where I live as it attracts a lot of attention from other drivers and law enforcement. Unless you track the car, it's difficult to drive this car the way it's intended (within legal limits). I would offer some friendly advise since your dad is a mechanic that is; invest your time in learning about cars in general. (Combustion engine, induction/ignition systems, etc.) that is if your dad hasn't taught you the basic theory already. As with your dad, this knowledge can go a long way and benefit you over the longer term...
Old 11-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Age plays no role in how intellectually mature one is?
IQ = intellectual age / chronological age x 100
Look at accident rates by age group
Look at insurance rates
One should not evaluate their own intellect or maturity
People tend to over estimate
Old 11-30-2014, 10:11 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Look at insurance rates
what an erudite you are
you should write a book( and have it professionally edited) and make a lot of money
Old 11-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
what an erudite you are
you should write a book( and have it professionally edited) and make a lot of money
It's all been done before
Many suffer from it
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude. Conversely, highly skilled individuals tend to underestimate their relative competence, erroneously assuming that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

I did not write the insurance rate tables
Old 11-30-2014, 10:14 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
^case in point

and thanx for explaining my affliction to me; it's all so clear now
Old 11-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
^case in point

and thanx for explaining my affliction to me; it's all so clear now
Case in point
People usually can't see their limitations or they would address them
That is the crux of the proposition

Every drunk thinks they can drive
Every man thinks they satisfy women
Etc
Old 11-30-2014, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,598 Likes on 940 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Old 11-30-2014, 10:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
OP:

Going to ignore all the back-and-forth, sticking to your original post. Only thing I've got to say about getting a C63 AMG for your first car is that you truly need to understand the costs associated with its maintenance and upkeep. I've heard many horror stories from service techs at dealers and indies about out-of-warranty AMG maintenance and repair.

If you get one, I'd buy it new. Don't think I would ever purchase a used or even CPO car that has such a high potential for its power to be abused. If you don't have the money for it new, save up some more.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
There are 2 components

Cost: used or new not inexpensive

Suitability: does it increase hazard to the driver and others

These can't be answered here
We don't know his finances
We don't know HIM
His parents are the ones to answer this query
But from available data I would say no
Old 11-30-2014, 11:15 AM

looking to buy
c63 first car

Wow

As others have said despite your advanced driving skills it is not a good car for a 18 year old
As others have asked how did you accumulate $50k usd all on your own by 18?
Cars are more expensive in SA aren't they
I cant say weather cars are cheap hear but you can get for example a 2009 bmw 335i m sport with less than 150 000km on the clock for under R200 000 which is about $20 k so i dont know if thats cheap or expensive, As for how i got the money ive been working for my dad nearly 6 days a week since i was 13 or so , which paid quite well and sine i was still living at home i didnt have expenses so i saved all of my money...
Old 11-30-2014, 11:19 AM

2013 C63 Coupe
Look at insurance rates
Age is a variable, but not the only variable. I would agree that one is not in a place to evaluate their own maturity, I wasn't stating that. I was making an observation based on your condescending response to the OP; that you lack the maturity to have a reasonable discussion when some is seeking useful advise.

Simply saying "no" is not advise. Or is that too difficult to understand? You seem like an intelligent person, as I've seen other posts for you that indicate that. But jeez, just because someone is not considered of your level of intelligence or maturity doesn't mean they enjoy being ridiculed by you or anyone else. That's going too personal, this forum is not about that. If you want to bring up the fact the OP started driving at 10, then let's put that into some other perspective. Fact, there are teenagers that are learning to fly or young adults that are pilots flying all over America, your home, right now and they don't have drivers license...oh, ahh...can that be anymore dangerous?
Sure, it's controlled environment, but according to you their cognitive skills have not matured enough that they shouldn't fly... Is that right? Well, let's look up those statistics (I won't bother wasting my time) but I would take an educated guess (since I have 33 years in the aviation industry) that most aviation mishaps are NOT caused when piloted by teenagers... I may be wrong, but I'm 90% sure that I'm not... In that perspective, owning and driving a C63 isn't a big of a deal. Unless of course you think owning a C63 is be all of car ownership and someone less than 20 years old is serious about getting one...Is it the idea of someone younger owning car like this does get under your skin! Lol that's entertaining!!

I'm not saying you're not intelligent, because I think you are in the areas where you have knowledge, but not everything. All I'm saying is stop acting like a smarta$$ just because they're younger than you, and didn't grow up like you. They're not better, I'm not better, you're not better! Time to grow up.

Last edited by sinape62; 11-30-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:24 AM

looking to buy
Originally Posted by sinape62
Age is a variable, but not the only variable. I would agree that one is not in a place to evaluate their own maturity, I wasn't stating that. I was making an observation based on your condescending response to the OP; that you lack the maturity to have a reasonable discussion when some is seeking useful advise.

Simply saying "no" is not advise. Or is that too difficult to understand? You seem like an intelligent person, as I've seen other posts for you that indicate that. But jeez, just because someone is not considered of your level of intelligence or maturity doesn't mean they enjoy being ridiculed by you or anyone else. That's going too personal, this forum is not about that. If you want to bring up the fact the OP started driving at 10, then let's put that into some other perspective. Fact, there are teenagers that are learning to fly or young adults that are pilots flying all over America, your home, right now and they don't have drivers license...oh, ahh...can that be anymore dangerous?
Sure, it's controlled environment, but according to you their cognitive skills have not matured enough that they shouldn't fly... Is that right? Well, let's look up those statistics (I won't bother wasting my time) but I would take an educated guess (since I have 33 years in the aviation industry) that most aviation mishaps are NOT caused when piloted by teenagers... I may be wrong, but I'm 90% sure that I'm not... In that perspective, owning and driving a C63 isn't a big of a deal. Unless of course you think owning a C63 is be all of car ownership and someone less than 20 years old is serious about getting one...I bet that just gets under your skin. Lol that's entertaining!! It is the idea of someone younger owning car like this does get under your skin!

I'm not saying you're not intelligent, because I think you are in the areas where you have knowledge, but not everything. All I'm saying is stop acting like a smarta$$ just because they're younger than you, and didn't grow up like you. They're not better, I'm not better, you're not better! Time to grow up.
And Im the teenager in the situation, yet hes the one going on like a child with a wet diper
Old 11-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Saying no is advice
I would advise him no
With the limited data and the imature tone of his post that is my advice
The rationale has been laid out

The teen pilots are being trained or have licenses
They are operating within the regulations
I would guess they are a small % of all accidents since they are are small sample
They probably have a higher per capita rate?

Never said I was smarter
I was taught I'm no smarter than anyone else but no one is smarter than me
I said driving in public at 10 in a customers car is not good practice
With the limited information presented in general giving a 16-18 year old a powerful car is not prudent based on accident rates and as proved by insurance rates

Originally Posted by sinape62

Sure, it's controlled environment, but according to you their cognitive skills have not matured enough that they shouldn't fly... Is that right? Well, let's look up those statistics (I won't bother wasting my time) but I would take an educated guess (since I have 33 years in the aviation industry) that most aviation mishaps are caused when piloted by teenagers... I may be wrong, but I'm 90% sure that I'm not... In that perspective, owning and driving a C63 isn't a big of a deal. Unless of course you think owning a C63 is be all of car ownership and someone less than 20 years old is serious about getting one...I bet that just gets under your skin. Lol that's entertaining!! It is the idea of someone younger owning car like this does get under your skin!

Old 11-30-2014, 11:38 AM

2013 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by KAP13
And Im the teenager in the situation, yet hes the one going on like a child with a wet diper
lol..,switched roles. The guy is smart, but a bit tiresome reading all the negativity. I don't understand nor can I relate . He has valid points about C63 car ownership, yes it's not cheap. But the dictating age about when you began driving is too personal, in the past and irrelevant at this time.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Let us look at it logically
We have 3 options

No
Yes
No answer

Since we know nothing about him except for imho his immature post NO is the safe answer
Saying yes is moot since it has no bearing on the actual outcome
No answer is the smart one

His parents are the ones who should be involved
His mother is a master driver and ceo
His dad is a master euro car mechanic
They actual know him
If they can't resolve this it is quite presumptuous of us to think we can
The basis of the op is absurd

Hence silly answers like he should get a ferrari
We need to lighten up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Benz C63 AMG good frist car?