C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

LTH Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Edition 1 Sedan Matte Alanite Gray
LTH Advice

Currently deciding on what set of LTH's to pull the trigger on this holiday season.

I currently have a fully catless system with an xpipe that connects to a straight resonator delete paired with the Eurocharged v5 tune,the exhaust is not the best flowing system and I'm ready to go in a new direction. From what I have seen(video wise) the 4-1 LTH's(MHP, Benzworks) are noticeably louder than MBH's tri-y. Anyone have any videos of the Gen 2 MHp headers?

Thank you for your wisdom mbworld family
Old 12-06-2014, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
I believe the 4-1 are better if youre not supercharging. And the MBH are second to non if you are. Regardless both are solid choices.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Whether you decide on MBH (Tri-Y) or MHP/ARH (4 to 1), the setup is going to be loud. The decible difference is going to be minimal. I would highly recommend an X-pipe setup as that qwells the rasp down quite a bit. Going with a race cat setup will also help with the noise.

ARH headers are 4-1 LTH's (MHP). I picked up my ARH/200 cell cats/xpipe setup at the American Racing Header warehouse yesterday. I'll take some pictures of the headers when it stops raining. The craftmanship and build quality is excellent.

Last edited by I am Jeff; 12-06-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Xander941
Currently deciding on what set of LTH's to pull the trigger on this holiday season.

I currently have a fully catless system with an xpipe that connects to a straight resonator delete paired with the Eurocharged v5 tune,the exhaust is not the best flowing system and I'm ready to go in a new direction. From what I have seen(video wise) the 4-1 LTH's(MHP, Benzworks) are noticeably louder than MBH's tri-y. Anyone have any videos of the Gen 2 MHp headers?

Thank you for your wisdom mbworld family
I have the benzworks LT and it's loud... I mean really loud when you get on it. I had my system both with no cats w straight pipes and it was way too loud... Replaced the straight pipes with an Xpipe and it toned it down and removed the metallic rasp. And, don't listen to anyone that the Xpipe kills the AMG sound. It's a must when you have longtubes and if you want the best scavenging effect for the exhaust. Benzworks are 1 7/8 "true" longtubes as are MHP. But, I would advise against buying from Andy. MBH are a full length 2 inch header. Which in my honest opinion is over kill even if you are supercharged. Whoever you pick benzworks or mbh you will be in good hands and pleased. Best of luck
Old 12-06-2014, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
I believe the 4-1 are better if youre not supercharging. And the MBH are second to non if you are. Regardless both are solid choices.
False,

I'm running Mhp v2 headers with stage 3 and I'm running just as good if not better than guys with MBH.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Damn those ARH headers sound awesome! The benzworks sound awesome as well, but I was told benzworks offers no mids? Any truth? And on the topic of the ARH headers I heard you can't order from ARH only from Andy due to Andy owning the rights to them.
1 7/8 would be the ideal choice for me over the 2 inch, I agree with the overkill statement.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by acherp93
Damn those ARH headers sound awesome! The benzworks sound awesome as well, but I was told benzworks offers no mids? Any truth? And on the topic of the ARH headers I heard you can't order from ARH only from Andy due to Andy owning the rights to them.
1 7/8 would be the ideal choice for me over the 2 inch, I agree with the overkill statement.
The benzworks did not come with mids. They give you a slip on adapter to mate to the stock 2.5 inch exhaust. I had my shop custom make me an Xpipe to replace the sec cats. I will say its loud even with sec cats in place... Get ready to turn heads. And, for the ARH, yes you can only order through MHP.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
+1 on the Benzworks LTH.

I've had mine for over a year. Fully catless and x-pipe.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
+1 on the Benzworks LTH.

I've had mine for over a year. Fully catless and x-pipe.

Benzworks Long Tube Header Revs *Loud* - YouTube
Damnz Johnny. That sounds sick!!