MyGenius Error Message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
MyGenius Error Message

Has anyone ever encountered an error message with their Dimsport MyGenius device? The message I get is "Code [0x3202] Security code not ready".

Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it? I found a similar error message for another Dimsport device and there is a solution to address this issue, but on our MyGenius device, we don't have the option to modify the write speed.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Has anyone ever encountered an error message with their Dimsport MyGenius device? The message I get is "Code [0x3202] Security code not ready".

Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it? I found a similar error message for another Dimsport device and there is a solution to address this issue, but on our MyGenius device, we don't have the option to modify the write speed.
Hi Jeff.

I'm not an expert, but according to the instructions Eurocharged, we should ignore errors and continue the installation process.

These errors no longer appear and you ended updates and upload the file authorization EC sends you to use the handled.

This is what they told me by email:

Follow these steps to get it imported.
1. Unplug the MyGenius from the PC
2. Update the MyGenius software 3 times
3. Plug in the MyGenius and update the genius device…ignoring the errors.
4. Close the software
5. Open the software
6. Click on update – Import ABL from the TOP text menu.
7. Import the attached abl file
8. Run the mandatory update

I do not know if this is the same case.

Greetings.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
Any updates on this? I encountered this code when trying to reflash back to stock.
Thanks
Old 10-31-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
Are you sure you're in key position 2 (right before it starts)? You'll get that error if you're not. Once you are, you should be good to go.

-Tom
Old 11-01-2015, 01:10 AM

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 AMG
I've encountered this error a bit actually. I'm not sure what causes the success vs failed message, but I could get this error frequently, but not quite predictably...

For me, I bought the MyGenius back in ~2012 for my 2011 C63. It was through a group buy, and everything about the process went well, no problems with purchasing, sending/getting the file, etc.

After my 2011 was killed last year, I picked up a new 2014 and EC worked with me (they have awesome customer service) and help me get a tune for it as well.

Doing nothing but pulling the MyGenius out of the closet, I was able to pull the required files and send them along to EC, but when I tried to load the v4/v5 on the car, i ran into a slew of issues.

I probably tried ~20-25 times to get the MyGenius to flash the '14 (both v4 & v5, as v5 was relatively new at the time), and 60% of the time it would fail, the rest of the time it said everything was successful. It would predictably say I had the v5 tune flashed, or stock flashed, but the tune never seemed to take, or the car was really rough, or the transmission would bang into gear quite painfully...etc etc. So while the device said things went smoothly, something in the background really didn't.

Ultimately, I ended up just sitting on the computer and clicking that software update button for like 15 minutes straight. The process would go something like
Update>none available
Update>none available
Update>fetching & installing update
Update>none available
Update>none available
Update>fetching & installing update

While the software never seemed to change versions overtly, the next time I brought the MyGenius out to the car, the process went much more smoothly and the car was finally quite happy with the v5 flash.

I sent along quite a few logs to the EC guys, but nothing really came from that besides "are you sure you've updated the software" (hence what lead me to just spamming the heck out of that button, but it actually worked somehow)

So, my recommendation, when you're watching TV or something, just keep going through the update process on your windows software a few (dozen) times and seeing if that helps you too.

Good luck!
Old 11-01-2015, 06:28 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 C63S
i've seemed to have some sort of error or anomaly every time I've tuned one of my cars with this and I don't know about you guys but I get a little nervous with the "just ignore all errors"........this is really my only complaint of the EC/My genius tuning process......when you're that invested with the money in those engines, I don't want to see something with errors, and even "ignore" errors. The tune should load up every time with no problems. There have been times I've done it and gotten messages and not even known if the tune took or not, that is NOT something a tune customer should have to experience. If the platform (my genius) is too weak to be able to report an "ok" install 99% of the time, maybe all you vendors should look to a better tool for your customers (that includes me).

The tuners should sort this out with the device makers to fix all these weird things that happen on the device. We pay for the power, not wondering if our tune actually took on the car because of the error messages.

I love getting a tune for my car but I have to say that every time I plug that in I wonder if I'm about to blow my engine.

I hope all the tuners out there read this reply. We are not all expert tuners, that's what we pay you for. Fix the errors or you're gonna have people not wanting to invest in your product.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
666WHP and 804WTQ Stage 3 2017 C63 AMG W205
Same issue 2017 c63 w205

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue
Old 04-19-2019, 11:28 PM

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Did you update the mygenius software first three times and then the software on mygenius? What stage are you at? Are you trying to pull the stock software or load a tune? I have a detailed how to, just search for that and follow the instructions there.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:26 PM

I will do the 3 uptades again today to be sure, but yes, did that already.

I already pulled the file from the car and have been trying to flash the stage 3 tune on the car now.

my car was tuned by DME Tuning and I changed to Go Lab Worx since I went big turbo and needed a custom tune, so first we tried to use DME's Dimsport (after a proper wipe and reset so that Lab Worxs could use it) and that did not work.

Then they sent me a new Dimsport and new tune... read the car no problem but when it was time to flash the tune i got the same error

HELP!
Old 04-22-2019, 12:57 PM

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Originally Posted by OmgNo_C63

I already pulled the file from the car and have been trying to flash the stage 3 tune on the car now.

my car was tuned by DME Tuning and I changed to Go Lab Worx since I went big turbo and needed a custom tune, so first we tried to use DME's Dimsport (after a proper wipe and reset so that Lab Worxs could use it) and that did not work.

Then they sent me a new Dimsport and new tune... read the car no problem but when it was time to flash the tune i got the same error

HELP!
So I just helped someone on FB with a similar issue and it appears they did not have the car in position two when the dimsport asked them to turn the car on. An easy way to know when you're in position two is when the fuel level indicator works. When it's in position one, it'll light the dash up but the fuel indicator will not go the correct fuel level. Have you paid attention to this aspect when you're trying to load the tune?
Old 04-22-2019, 01:08 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo

HELP!
mygenius devices are tuner locked. Their old one won’t work for you

verify key positions and make sure the device is updated and in the tuners dB for the platform
Old 04-23-2019, 07:28 PM

100% sure it was in the ON position. (not my first time using this device).
Old 04-23-2019, 07:28 PM

I know, we first resetted the device to work with the new tuner and later on just decided to go with a brand new device, nether worked.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:08 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
similar issue here... can't get upload tab to be available... updating like the 4th time now and at least a "minor upgrades in progress status bar" this time...
Old 07-19-2019, 10:24 PM

2009 c63
Originally Posted by Dogtag114
similar issue here... can't get upload tab to be available... updating like the 4th time now and at least a "minor upgrades in progress status bar" this time...
...and nothing...

Old 07-20-2019, 06:17 AM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
are you trying to update the firmware on your MyGenius handheld? is there any reason why you are doing so? did your tuner send you new maps? the handheld should not need updates to the device if it was already working.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 07-20-2019, 03:27 PM

2009 c63
Originally Posted by hachiroku
are you trying to update the firmware on your MyGenius handheld? is there any reason why you are doing so? did your tuner send you new maps? the handheld should not need updates to the device if it was already working.
The original instructions said to update all available updates before starting so I just did that again...
Old 07-20-2019, 07:23 PM

Ok I found the problem.

I am going to take a wild guess that at some point your car was bench tuned (taking the ECU out and tuning it that way). when this happens the ECU locks itself to a certain protocol thus it will not accept any new flashes.

I was able to resolve this by simply taking the car to the dealer and asking them to flash the newest MBENZ software on the car (putting it back to stock). there is actually a recall for 2018 and older models as a new MBENZ software came out for the ECU, TCU and fuel pumps.

After I did this the problem was solved and now I can flash my tunes no problem.

Let me know if this works.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:04 PM

2009 c63
Ok I found the problem.

I am going to take a wild guess that at some point your car was bench tuned...
Nope... I actually have the original tune in my pc... it was in the MyGenius too but all gone now.

if I can just get to the point to upload tunes again I’m good.

i have an email into Eurocharged.... they have great customer service and I’m sure he’ll walk me through it.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:44 PM

2009 c63
Originally Posted by Dogtag114
Nope... I actually have the original tune in my pc... it was in the MyGenius too but all gone now.

if I can just get to the point to upload tunes again I’m good.

i have an email into Eurocharged.... they have great customer service and I’m sure he’ll walk me through it.
Resolved... you just need to hook up the device to the car to get the car info... then when you go back to the pc all tabs light up to download files.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:06 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
oh yeah...i had the same issue many years ago. the instructions do say that, but the steps are not correct. OETuning told me to read my ECU first after emailing them in regards to the same issue.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com