C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
C63

Been out of the loop with MB lately. In the market for a c63, but wondering what are the differences from earlier models? I know there was a facelift in 2012, but are the changes just cosmetic? Is there a year to avoid? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
2011 they switched to revised (stronger) headbolts. Early 2011s still have them so you have to run the vin to see if it has the old or new bolts. 2012 is the facelift and has a different gearbox. They swapped the traditional torque converter box for the MCT wet clutch. Other than that, interior exterior refreshes. And the addition of the coupe...
Old 12-27-2014, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
2011 is a golden year for these cars (in my opinion). If you don't mind the older interior style, then personally I (and most people I know) prefer the slightly more aggressive body lines on the PFL (the PFL has a less contoured hood, unless you get a 507, and the front bumper vents are less mean).

But, if you get a PFL, put a FL grill on it, and FL tail lights... Looks pretty slick.

Some people also dislike the MCT box, I've driven both, I'm indifferent myself.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Major changes for the LCI cars:

- MCT gearbox replaces the conventional automatic with torque converter (with the MCT you get a wet start-up clutch in lieu of the torque converter).

- LCI cars get the transmission program selector rotary dial/knob (Comfort, Sport, Sport+, M, and Race Start).

Here's another major difference that has not been noted thus far . . . the LCI cars received an entirely revamped suspension.

- Elements include a redesigned front axle, a reinforced rear axle and widening of the front track. Stiffer elastokinematics, revised geometry with more negative camber, and a larger rear stabilizer bar sharpen its agility and improves lateral acceleration. Revised spring and damper rates elevate its responsiveness while better suppressing road noise and tire vibration.

- Thicker Nappa leather-appointed steering wheel with perforated leather at 9 and 3 positions; steering wheel has flat top and flat bottom.

- Revised COMAND system (pop-up navigation screen replaced with a screen that is integrated into the dash).

- Single bar grille.

- Slightly more aggressive rear diffuser.

- LED Daytime Running Lamps replace traditional circular "fog lights."