Went to look for a c63 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Went to look for a c63 today

Didn't really need to make a thread for this, but I have nothing else to do and instead of ripping on a 6.2 liter tonight, I'll be watching my seahawks play instead. (If we win, it wouldn't be a total loss of a saturday)

Went to 3 dealers today, and out of respect for them, i won't say which ones, because quite frankly they all sucked. I get 0 respect when i go to dealers, maybe because I look 18. (I'm assuming)

I saw a white 2010 fully loaded pop up on ebay literally yesterday, so i went to dealer 1. As soon as i pop up, i see it. I jump in to get a feel for the car. Loved it. Literally 2 minutes after i get out, salesman comes out and says it's sold to another dude who just traded in his black 08. Fail number 1.

Head over to the other dealership. Said they had a black/red 2012. Red interior sounded great, let's see it. Get inside, it's kinda beat. Price is 53k. mileage= 43k. And no xenon lights. Which absolutely drove me insane. Who buys a 70k car with no xenon? Fail number 2. I'll pass.

BMW- Salesman comes up, totally sucks right off the bat. No enthusiasm whatsoever. I had already made up my mind that i would not give him one cent of my 45-50k budget. I ask him if he has any M3 sedans..

"Hmm i think so" Keep in mind, he is literally standing 10 feet away from an AW sedan.

So now, i have to play the waiting game, if something comes up at the auction (Manheim) i'll snag one there for sure, and i don't have to deal with ****ty dealers. End rant.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
If you're in Alberta... My car is up for sale
Old 01-10-2015, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by ToXicXxX
If you're in Alberta... My car is up for sale

lol nowhere close bro.

South florida here.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:19 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by solekeeper
lol nowhere close bro.

South florida here.
Hah, our E46 M3 came from Florida. Good luck man!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
lol nowhere close bro.

South florida here.
There are quite a few out there on various websites. And they can be had for some pretty good deals.

Once you get a feel for the car, it really doesn't matter where you get it (so long as you'll have access to a MB Service Dep't or a good local independent shop).

I'd definitely recommend going for an LCI car (2012+).

Don't get me wrong, the pre-LCI cars are great too but with the LCI models you don't have to worry about the head bolts and you get the new suspension, MCT transmission, updated interior, etc.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by zibby43
There are quite a few out there on various websites. And they can be had for some pretty good deals.

Once you get a feel for the car, it really doesn't matter where you get it (so long as you'll have access to a MB Service Dep't or a good local independent shop).

Don't get me wrong, the pre-LCI cars are great too but with the LCI models you don't have to worry about the head bolts and you get the new suspension, MCT transmission, updated interior, etc.
To add another opinion , the pre fl cars can be had at great value as theres many with low miles for a fair amount less than the fl but saying that 2012 models really came down.

You should find one in florida easy, mine came from south florida and i saw tons there
Old 01-10-2015, 09:29 PM

2012 s550
http://www.carmax.com/search?ASc=15&...results%20page
Old 01-10-2015, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8

The first car i looked at was a 10. It was white (my primary color) and it had PP with only 16k miles. So in this case, i would've taken the 10. But the one with red interior was black and a 2012. I definitely love the updated interior.

I didn't know the tranny was updated and also suspension? news to me. lol what exactly is different?
Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Hah, our E46 M3 came from Florida. Good luck man!

thanks brother.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:32 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
thanks brother.
I keep picturing you as Hulk Hogan.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
I keep picturing you as Hulk Hogan.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
The first car i looked at was a 10. It was white (my primary color) and it had PP with only 16k miles. So in this case, i would've taken the 10. But the one with red interior was black and a 2012. I definitely love the updated interior.

I didn't know the tranny was updated and also suspension? news to me. lol what exactly is different?
The pre-LCI cars have a conventional automatic transmission.

The LCI cars come with the MCT (multi-clutch transmission), which is similar to an automatic but there is no torque converter. Instead, there is a wet start-up clutch.

The MCT-equipped cars have the shifting program rotary knob/selector, allowing you to choose from Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Manual, and Race Start (launch control).

Shifts are accomplished in 100 milliseconds or less; rev-matching on downshifts.

As far as the suspension tweaks go, this is the rundown:

- Redesigned front axle

- Reinforced rear axle and widening of the front track

- Stiffer elastokinematics

- Revised geometry with more negative camber

- Larger rear stabilizer bar

- Revised spring and damper rates
Old 01-11-2015, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
The pre-LCI cars have a conventional automatic transmission.

The LCI cars come with the MCT (multi-clutch transmission), which is similar to an automatic but there is no torque converter. Instead, there is a wet start-up clutch.

The MCT-equipped cars have the shifting program rotary knob/selector, allowing you to choose from Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Manual, and Race Start (launch control).

Shifts are accomplished in 100 milliseconds or less; rev-matching on downshifts.

As far as the suspension tweaks go, this is the rundown:

- Redesigned front axle

- Reinforced rear axle and widening of the front track

- Stiffer elastokinematics

- Revised geometry with more negative camber

- Larger rear stabilizer bar

- Revised spring and damper rates

thanks for that well elaborated run down man. i honestly was only concerned with the new nose, interior, and once it had the 6.2 motor i was good to go. I guess i will DEFINITELY hold out for a 12.

Not to start a debate on transmissions etc, but being that alot of people drive their cars using the paddles, (manual mode i guess we can call it?) is having the MCT tranny better for that, instead of the regular auto gearbox in the 08-11's?
Old 01-11-2015, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 C63C
Price is 53k. mileage= 43k. And no xenon lights. Which absolutely drove me insane. Who buys a 70k car with no xenon? Fail number 2. I'll pass.
If you're willing to spend 53 on a 2012, why not spend 56 on a 2013 Coupe, WITH xenons/lighting package, red/black nappa leather, AND distronic, plus nav/multimedia package? ...heated seats...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4822008532.html
Old 01-11-2015, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by fly2nite
If you're willing to spend 53 on a 2012, why not spend 56 on a 2013 Coupe, WITH xenons/lighting package, red/black nappa leather, AND distronic, plus nav/multimedia package? ...heated seats...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4822008532.html

My budget is 50k. Ideally i'd like a 12' car. Which i feel is very doable. I'd like a sedan too. Thanks for taking the time to find that one however.

I have a question, where else is a good site to see a general nationwide search for c63's? i know the basic ones, autotrader etc. But some of the listings are old. Need updated stuff.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:55 AM

'13 C63C
My budget is 50k. Ideally i'd like a 12' car. Which i feel is very doable. I'd like a sedan too. Thanks for taking the time to find that one however.

I have a question, where else is a good site to see a general nationwide search for c63's? i know the basic ones, autotrader etc. But some of the listings are old. Need updated stuff.
It was easy to find... it's my car
I use the big ones, Autotrader and cars.com
If you can find search engines that combine craigslist ads, those can be useful but you have to sift through all the chaff.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:36 PM

2012 C63 Sedan - Mars Red on Red Pepper

WAS THAT THE CPO IN FLORIDA AT THE MERCEDES DEALERSHIP ON EBAY? Man if that had full leather and not cloth in the middle, that would be my ultimate car I would have flown cross country for it! cpo, p30, white, development pkg, under 20k miles...... wowww....

I would have traded in my 09 in a hear beat, even after iv done the head bolt replacement lol and all my mods
Old 01-12-2015, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by CSIKTY3
WAS THAT THE CPO IN FLORIDA AT THE MERCEDES DEALERSHIP ON EBAY? Man if that had full leather and not cloth in the middle, that would be my ultimate car I would have flown cross country for it! cpo, p30, white, development pkg, under 20k miles...... wowww....

I would have traded in my 09 in a hear beat, even after iv done the head bolt replacement lol and all my mods

haaha yes it was. 16k miles dude. awesome car. it was being sold as i got to the dealer. Is that cloth an option or something?
Old 01-12-2015, 09:05 PM

haaha yes it was. 16k miles dude. awesome car. it was being sold as i got to the dealer. Is that cloth an option or something?
I would assume its special order only. It was the first one I had ever seen. but this a Mercedes at the end of the day not a e46 M3 that you need light weight. Other than that the car was perfectttt super rare hard to find $2,500 oem carbon fiber interior trim pkg!!!

I pretty much have the same car but 09 with full leather and silver trim and keyless go and back up camera were not offered in 2009 but little things like keyless go, back up camera, oem carbon fiber trim make me droool to trade it in for that same car but full leather if another one comes around.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
I would assume its special order only. It was the first one I had ever seen. but this a Mercedes at the end of the day not a e46 M3 that you need light weight. Other than that the car was perfectttt super rare hard to find $2,500 oem carbon fiber interior trim pkg!!!

I pretty much have the same car but 09 with full leather and silver trim and keyless go and back up camera were not offered in 2009 but little things like keyless go, back up camera, oem carbon fiber trim make me droool to trade it in for that same car but full leather if another one comes around.
Heh this sounds exactly like my car but i got it with 35k miles, for some reason you dont see many with oem cf trim. Mines white with that camel/sand leather and cf trim
Old 01-12-2015, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by rentzington
Heh this sounds exactly like my car but i got it with 35k miles, for some reason you dont see many with oem cf trim. Mines white with that camel/sand leather and cf trim
WOW.....I wanted the two tone interior but when I got mine there were no white ones under 40k with P30. Lucky you! Really wish I held out for cf trim, back up camera, keyless go, and Development pkg.

Dont get me wrong I got the oem cf trunk spoiler after and painted my calipers lime green but theirs just something about knowing it came from the amg factory with red calipers and the cf spoiler
Old 01-12-2015, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
WOW.....I wanted the two tone interior but when I got mine there were no white ones under 40k with P30. Lucky you! Really wish I held out for cf trim, back up camera, keyless go, and Development pkg.

Dont get me wrong I got the oem cf trunk spoiler after and painted my calipers lime green but theirs just something about knowing it came from the amg factory with red calipers and the cf spoiler
Mines cf interior trim, no cf spoiler and red calipers came with p31 and some late p30 but id take the factory limited slip over red calipers
Old 01-17-2015, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
guys, is the suede in the middle of the seats an option? i noticed some have them, some dont'.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
guys, is the suede in the middle of the seats an option? i noticed some have them, some dont'.
It is. It is synthetic alcantara. MB calls it "DINAMICA."

I personally love it because it wears well, grips you in the seat, stays warm in the winter/cool in the summer, and makes the seats look a bit sportier.

Went to look for a c63 today-6756ae63-e850-4540-bad4-88cada6d4b69_zps605fad82.jpg

Went to look for a c63 today-img_3065_zps937ba402.jpg
Old 01-18-2015, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
thanks zibby! i do like the grip they give you. good to hear they wear well. I'll likely have a towel on my seat as always though

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went to look for a c63 today