Sponsored by:

Weistec ruins cars and refuse to take responsibility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Weistec Supercharged
Originally Posted by GJHandoko
So you don't think that they are at fault for making me pay 2k twice for the same transmission? The transmission was already stage 3 when I bought it. First time for maintenance I can handle that. but making me pay again for the same transmission after I only drove the car for two weekends and then blowing up isn't Weistec's fault?
So is it a weistec bullet transmission.....just never heard of stage 3 transmission?
And it was a Weistec tune....is that different from the stock tune?

Not trying to put anyone down or question what does seem to be the ****ty end of the stick....I was thinking of sending my transmission in to have it changed to bullet....and that's from UK so I am interested in this thread.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:17 PM

c63
Originally Posted by SL55_Forever
So did you buy a used Weistec S/C C63 or did you buy a used C63 and added the Wesitec S/C on afterwards?
I bought a used c63 that already had the stage 3 supercharger and bullet transmission.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:18 PM

c63
Originally Posted by average joe
So is it a weistec bullet transmission.....just never heard of stage 3 transmission?
And it was a Weistec tune....is that different from the stock tune?

Not trying to put anyone down or question what does seem to be the ****ty end of the stick....I was thinking of sending my transmission in to have it changed to bullet....and that's from UK so I am interested in this thread.
Yes a weistec tune is different from the stock tune that's why it's called a weistec tune. Yes I had the bullet transmission that apparently is not so bullet.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
I bought a used c63 that already had the stage 3 supercharger and bullet transmission.
or so the seller told you.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:20 PM

c63
Originally Posted by JeffDL
or so the seller told you.
That means that weistec told me too because I called them and they knew the car perfectly well. It's called doing research before buying a car.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:26 PM

c63
Originally Posted by HBC350
I just checked and my completely stock C63 runs perfect and is plenty fast.
That's great happy for you. If you are looking forward to modding your car then I don't see how that comment is an astute one in this thread full of bashing before people understand the story.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
We apologize for your experience with us. We felt we were very transparent and helpful throughout this process.

As you said, we have a lot of data on this car because it was built at our facility. Needless to say, it ran great and the original owner can attest to this as well.

When the car was in your ownership, the transmission control unit went bad. This is more common that one may think, and we are sure there are plenty of forum members that have replaced this in their cars. When this went bad, the continued use of the car damaged other transmission parts causing it to improperly function. We communicated this to you, and you than sent the transmission to us to be rebuilt. We covered labor and some parts because it was our way of understanding your situation.

During this time, we also asked for the ECU so we can double check the calibration and we noticed that it was not the same Weistec tune that we originally flashed in this car. It was edited. This was most likely the reason why the car ran lean.

If you would like, we can send you the original dyno graphs that show power levels and most importantly air fuel ratios. Please let us know how we can assist.

Weistec Engineering
Old 02-11-2015, 01:37 PM

c63
Originally Posted by Weistec
We apologize for your experience with us. We felt we were very transparent and helpful throughout this process.

As you said, we have a lot of data on this car because it was built at our facility. Needless to say, it ran great and the original owner can attest to this as well.

When the car was in your ownership, the transmission control unit went bad. This is more common that one may think, and we are sure there are plenty of forum members that have replaced this in their cars. When this went bad, the continued use of the car damaged other transmission parts causing it to improperly function. We communicated this to you, and you than sent the transmission to us to be rebuilt. We covered labor and some parts because it was our way of understanding your situation.

During this time, we also asked for the ECU so we can double check the calibration and we noticed that it was not the same Weistec tune that we originally flashed in this car. It was edited. This was most likely the reason why the car ran lean.

If you would like, we can send you the original dyno graphs that show power levels and most importantly air fuel ratios. Please let us know how we can assist.

Weistec Engineering
That's great but may I ask how have I edited the tune when I never did anything to the car and you guys wouldn't retune my ECU? How did you guys find the edited tune if there was even one.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,444 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned

The power is and always will be in the tuners court to deny warranty claims ...
Old 02-11-2015, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series

Weistec Engineering
Im a little confused as to how the car could get an "Edited Weistec Tune" ... Was the car misfiring? I know this to be a common problem with the s/c setups?
Old 02-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
That's great but may I ask how have I edited the tune when I never did anything to the car and you guys wouldn't retune my ECU? How did you guys find the edited tune if there was even one.
We have the calibration file from the car when the original owner brought it to us, and we compared that data to what was in the car when you owned it. We are not sure who did it, or how it happened. We are just stating it was edited/different. We would be happy to send you further information on this via email if you would like. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering
Old 02-11-2015, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
That's great happy for you. If you are looking forward to modding your car then I don't see how that comment is an astute one in this thread full of bashing before people understand the story.
That was my way of saying I'm not a fan of aftermarket tunes/components and the issues that often come with them.

I always feel like if I wanted a car that is faster than the one I bought, I should have bought a different car. Although I feel for you and the situation you find yourself in, you bought a car that is/was modded to the hilt and should have seen it coming. Live and learn.

I've got my flame suit on.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
We have the calibration file from the car when the original owner brought it to us, and we compared that data to what was in the car when you owned it. We are not sure who did it, or how it happened. We are just stating it was edited/different. We would be happy to send you further information on this via email if you would like. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering
Was it corrected before sending the ECU back?
Old 02-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Im a little confused as to how the car could get an "Edited Weistec Tune" ... Was the car misfiring? I know this to be a common problem with the s/c setups?
A third party made their own changes to the existing tune that was in the car. We are not sure who did this or when. Misfire was not the issue with this car. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering
Old 02-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Weistec
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Was it corrected before sending the ECU back?
We only informed the customer of this. It was than retuned by a shop in Northern California by his consent.

Weistec Engineering
Old 02-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C63 Bone Stock; E36 M3 Supercharged 400WHP; X5 parts eater
Originally Posted by HBC350
That was my way of saying I'm not a fan of aftermarket tunes/components and the issues that often come with them.

I always feel like if I wanted a car that is faster than the one I bought, I should have bought a different car. Although I feel for you and the situation you find yourself in, you bought a car that is/was modded to the hilt and should have seen it coming. Live and learn.

I've got my flame suit on.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 635 Posts
E63S | X5
Yes a weistec tune is different from the stock tune that's why it's called a weistec tune. Yes I had the bullet transmission that apparently is not so bullet.
That means that weistec told me too because I called them and they knew the car perfectly well. It's called doing research before buying a car.
Billet. The word is billet. Research would've told you this.

Research would've also told you that buying heavily modded cars on the second hand market generally leads to issues down the road.

And then Weistec chimes in letting us all know that the files didn't match to what Weistec originally put on the car so here comes my guess.

OP buys car. On the first tranny fail the wrong fluid gets put in. Puts it on EC's dyno (hmm, do they tune cars? for more power? hmmm). New tune runs lean, with more power, and welp piston a tranny fail. But obviously it is Weistecs fault who only touched the car while it was working just fine.

Again, that is my guess of how things probably went down.

Out of curiosity, however... OP -- It appears as though you have the means to buy a fresh c63 and then send it off to Weistec and have you build one from the bottom up. Why go to the used market? Wouldn't a new c63 look better next to that Ferrari?

These company bashing threads are getting ridiculous.

*****Sitting and waiting for Jim*****

(Jim, bets this is Andy? Although, I certainly couldn't hang with what you'd put on the table )
Old 02-11-2015, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
To HBC350's defence, if you are looking to modify your car, YOU AND YOU ALONE assume all responsibility for anything that can (and will) go wrong as a result of that modification. You are consciously making a decision to push the limits of the engine, transmission and the rest of your drivetrain beyond their design specifications, which has been known to make them fail. It's not any different from putting 100 lbs of stuff in a plastic shopping bag ang then complaining that it broke even if you reinforced the handles and the bottom with some scotch tape.

I don't see this as Weistec's or anyone else's fault. Weisctec and the other tuners provide you with the means the push the engine output beyond what it was rated for and designed to put out SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO TAKE THE RISK, but their responsibilty for any part of the car prematurely failing as a result is zero. You desided to f__k with it (or bought a car that some else has f__ked with), so you assumed the risks.

AFAIK the only comany that has ever offered any kind of waranty on the vehicle after you installed their mods was DINAN, and that was only when installed on a new car through a BMW dealerhip (where they had DINAN trained techs) and in effect they picked up the warranty for the vehicle from BMW, which is why their mods were both a little more conservative and twice as expensive as everyone else's.

So - stop bashing Weistec, Eurocharged or anyone else for that matter, pull your head out of the sand and man up. YOU chose to take the risks of modding it (or buying one that was modded), and now when it went wrong YOU have to pay for it. If it ain't fast enough for you and you still want warranty and assurance that you won't be on the hook for the repairs, buy a more powerful car that comes that way from the factory.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ I still can't figure out why my 600awhp second hand Sti chewed through motors. I blame Garrett. Not me for modding the **** out of the car.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
GJHandoko - Can I buy your supercharger if you don't want it?

PM me.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
We only informed the customer of this. It was than retuned by a shop in Northern California by his consent.

Weistec Engineering
Interesting. So the OP was informed the tune was modified and ignored said info?

Whoops...
Old 02-11-2015, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I believe Brabus MB's are also fully warrantied. I could be wrong, though, I remember seeing it somewhere.

Originally Posted by Diabolis

AFAIK the only comany that has ever offered any kind of waranty on the vehicle after you installed their mods was DINAN, and that was only when installed on a new car through a BMW dealerhip (where they had DINAN trained techs) and in effect they picked up the warranty for the vehicle from BMW, which is why their mods were both a little more conservative and twice as expensive as everyone else's.
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
So are you talking about Weistec Engineering in Santa Ana, CA??? Hmmm nothing you have posted sounds anything like the Wesitec I know. I have purschased 4 blowers from them and not had a single issue like you are describing. They value their customers and stand behind their product and have seen it first hand. I am not just talking about me. I have spent a lot of time at their facility over the years and seen them take time with customers who have not spents tens of thousands of dollars on blowers. I have seen them first hand diagnose and fix problems that other tuners casued.

That is all I am going to say on this topic since everyone thinks I am their biggest fanboy. I just hate seeing a good reputable tuner getting slammed in a public forum. I have dealt with non-reputable tuners over the years and I can tell you that Weistec has nothing in common with the bad tuners that are out there.
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by rediesel
GJHandoko - Can I buy your supercharger if you don't want it?

PM me.
It's Weistec... You don't want that crap, besides, it comes with access baggage such as terrible customer service, too much power, and the phrase "you gotta pay to play"

I like your style though, you vulture you.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Billet. The word is billet. Research would've told you this.

Research would've also told you that buying heavily modded cars on the second hand market generally leads to issues down the road.

And then Weistec chimes in letting us all know that the files didn't match to what Weistec originally put on the car so here comes my guess.

OP buys car. On the first tranny fail the wrong fluid gets put in. Puts it on EC's dyno (hmm, do they tune cars? for more power? hmmm). New tune runs lean, with more power, and welp piston a tranny fail. But obviously it is Weistecs fault who only touched the car while it was working just fine.

Again, that is my guess of how things probably went down.

Out of curiosity, however... OP -- It appears as though you have the means to buy a fresh c63 and then send it off to Weistec and have you build one from the bottom up. Why go to the used market? Wouldn't a new c63 look better next to that Ferrari?

These company bashing threads are getting ridiculous.

*****Sitting and waiting for Jim*****

(Jim, bets this is Andy? Although, I certainly couldn't hang with what you'd put on the table )
I have to agree with you on this one. I have nothing bad to say about EC they are also a very reputable tuner but the OP lost all credibility and accountablity when he put a EC tune in his Weistec supercharged car. Case closed, end of story!!!

...and no this is not Andy but maybe Andy put him up to making the post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec ruins cars and refuse to take responsibility