Sponsored by:

Weistec ruins cars and refuse to take responsibility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 635 Posts
E63S | X5
^I couldn't really tell if EC tried to tune it or what, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is why the file is different. Nothing bad against EC either, but if Weistec says the data is different (and they have it documented) on top of this car spending time on a tuners dyno... Come on the answer is staring you in the face.

Good ole Andy. It isn't him, but that is literally all I can think about when threads like this pop up from new joins.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^I couldn't really tell if EC tried to tune it or what, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is why the file is different. Nothing bad against EC either, but if Weistec says the data is different (and they have it documented) on top of this car spending time on a tuners dyno... Come on the answer is staring you in the face.

Good ole Andy. It isn't him, but that is literally all I can think about when threads like this pop up from new joins.
yes, this was what i dont get.... you have a SC and tune from one company, then take it to another (very reputable) company to have work done and put on their dyno. That just doesn't compute
Old 02-11-2015, 02:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 AMG W204
Question

^I couldn't really tell if EC tried to tune it or what, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is why the file is different. Nothing bad against EC either, but if Weistec says the data is different (and they have it documented) on top of this car spending time on a tuners dyno...

I thought that the most aftermarket tunes are keyed/ encoded that other companies/tuner cant see there work/play arround with the files ...

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 02-11-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Now I understand better why I saw that car @ EC back in November!
But I still don't approve these threads popping up out of nowhere ... not really contributing to the forum at all.
GL anyways with your issue.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Sounds to me like the original owner has some explaining to do on why those Weistec files were modified, when, and by whom. I assume he didn't tell the new owner. Issue resolved.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by abcut973
But I still don't approve these threads popping up out of nowhere ... not really contributing to the forum at all.
The plot thickens...
Old 02-11-2015, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by abcut973
these threads never end well, and notice its always someone with a low post count who recently joined
Old 02-11-2015, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda Metropolitan
Told ya there was three sides to a story. :P
Old 02-11-2015, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Billet. The word is billet. Research would've told you this.

Research would've also told you that buying heavily modded cars on the second hand market generally leads to issues down the road.

And then Weistec chimes in letting us all know that the files didn't match to what Weistec originally put on the car so here comes my guess.

OP buys car. On the first tranny fail the wrong fluid gets put in. Puts it on EC's dyno (hmm, do they tune cars? for more power? hmmm). New tune runs lean, with more power, and welp piston a tranny fail. But obviously it is Weistecs fault who only touched the car while it was working just fine.

Again, that is my guess of how things probably went down.

Out of curiosity, however... OP -- It appears as though you have the means to buy a fresh c63 and then send it off to Weistec and have you build one from the bottom up. Why go to the used market? Wouldn't a new c63 look better next to that Ferrari?

These company bashing threads are getting ridiculous.

*****Sitting and waiting for Jim*****

(Jim, bets this is Andy? Although, I certainly couldn't hang with what you'd put on the table )
Per Wesitec, it's Bullet Proof

This isn't in defense of Weistec or OP, just stating that its Bullet (according to Weistec) not Billet.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Diabolis
If it ain't fast enough for you and you still want warranty and assurance that you won't be on the hook for the repairs, buy a more powerful car that comes that way from the factory.

Amen.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
And it's always the squeaky wheel (that gets the oil) and also chimes in on the forums, or on web sites. That's my major issue when interpreting reviews, I always assume that there is a disproportionate of unhappy people represented, and many of the happy folks don't end up writing a thing. I've seen plenty of positive reviews of Weistec here. I just don't think that is you're unhappy with any service that it makes sense to post about an issue with a vendor. Deal with them, and if that doesn't work call an attorney or whatever. Or ask if others have had issues on the forums. But just slamming any vendor with a post, and a really hard to understand one at that - I'm not sure you're gonna get much from that. But I do hope you're able to get your rig fixed!
Old 02-11-2015, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Let's be honest...did they think adding an aftermarket blower was going to make their car reliable (or more reliable)? You pay to play. Everyone that mods should know the risks that *hit WILL break somewhere, one way or another. If you don't know that or expect it, sell whatever you own and buy a bulletproof Toyota Camry.

Even the company has been seeded and established for several YEARS, things do and will happen. It's what happens after the fact that differenciates the excellent companies from the poor ones.

I've owned many different cars make (from mod'd factory turbos to aftermarket blowers to aftermarket turbos etc.) and no matter how reputable or reliable a performance company says the car is or will be, Murphy's Law. Things will break and need to be repaired - yes, including tranny and motors.

If you want something as fast as a blown C63, buy a brand new GT500 or ZR1 or the list of other cars that are faster from the factory off the showroom floor.

my .02
Old 02-11-2015, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
Let's be honest...did they think adding an aftermarket blower was going to make their car reliable (or more reliable)? You pay to play. Everyone that mods should know the risks that *hit WILL break somewhere, one way or another. If you don't know that or expect it, sell whatever you own and buy a bulletproof Toyota Camry.

Even the company has been seeded and established for several YEARS, things do and will happen. It's what happens after the fact that differenciates the excellent companies from the poor ones.

I've owned many different cars make (from mod'd factory turbos to aftermarket blowers to aftermarket turbos etc.) and no matter how reputable or reliable a performance company says the car is or will be, Murphy's Law. Things will break and need to be repaired - yes, including tranny and motors.

If you want something as fast as a blown C63, buy a brand new GT500 or ZR1 or the list of other cars that are faster from the factory off the showroom floor.

my .02
Even the new Z06 and Hellcat blow motors, but at least they have a warranty.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Even the new Z06 and Hellcat blow motors, but at least they have a warranty.
You understand what I'm saying, though...
Old 02-11-2015, 04:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda Metropolitan
He fell for that bullet proof trick. Lol
Old 02-11-2015, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
I don't understand the ones complaining about posts like this. Sure it's Weistec and their rep is great, but so was EUROCHARGED and my post closed that caniveing shop in sterling Va down when all the mice came out of the closet. It's educational, for the most part. How many people did we all save from Eurocharged? How many people got screwed over and over again and never said a thing or did a thing about it? My post, although had pictures and text messages as proof helped ALOT of people from going there, and not just locals, people that were ready to drive hundreds of miles just to go to THAT shop. So, you have a bad experience that couldn't be worked out? Please post, don't hide like the dozens of people that stayed quiet about Eurocharged.

Anyways, GOODLUCK with your issue, from what I know about weistec, they help fix problems that ARNT even theirs to fix. If it was your fault, bite your lip and deal with your mistake.

Edit: who the hell buys a used stage 3 supercharged car? Don't you already assume the snot has been beaten out of it and then sold? A lot of money that saved you.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63

This isn't in defense of Weistec or OP, just stating that its Bullet (according to Weistec) not Billet.
I stand corrected. Bullet proof, but when he was saying bullet tranny without the proof my eye was a bit twitchy.

I was thinking billet materials make it bullet proof.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
You understand what I'm saying, though...
Oh totally. Even a "reliable" setup runs the risk of failure. Failure could be highly likely or very rare. It just depends. But with a factory car like the ones you or I mentioned, there is a warranty to back you up. That being said, I'd love a Weistec Blower and Trans. But I'd also like to keep my house and my wife...lol
Old 02-11-2015, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63

Shmengy better return the billet proof vests he snagged off e-bay...
Old 02-11-2015, 05:44 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
sl600
Can we have some dyno charts and power figures to chew over?
Old 02-11-2015, 05:57 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Guys - Eurocharged has the car now and it hasn't left our facility since mid 2014. We have NEVER tuned the car previously.

We have no idea who might have tuned it before.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:04 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
I don't understand the ones complaining about posts like this. Sure it's Weistec and their rep is great, but so was EUROCHARGED and my post closed that caniveing shop in sterling Va down when all the mice came out of the closet. It's educational, for the most part. How many people did we all save from Eurocharged?

You have the facts all wrong. The shop didn't get "shut down". The Eurocharged name has been removed due to the issues, but the shop is still open and probably up to the same business practices.

http://www.iapracing.com/

You did not save ANYONE from Eurocharged, you saved them from Paul Sullivan. Eurocharged did the right thing and pulled the franchise.

This is all I will say since there is a pending lawsuit.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^Nobody here is saying EC or Weistec sucks. There are just plenty of holes in the story and questions that surround the OP. All of us who have been around here long enough that these threads pop up but the reputations of EC and Weistec remain strong here.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
You have the facts all wrong. The shop didn't get "shut down". The Eurocharged name has been removed due to the issues, but the shop is still open and probably up to the same business practices.

http://www.iapracing.com/

You did not save ANYONE from Eurocharged, you saved them from Paul Sullivan. Eurocharged did the right thing and pulled the franchise.

This is all I will say since there is a pending lawsuit.
Based on all the communications that MaroonC63 have posted, EC has been nothing but accommodating in addressing his issues. The issue was and still is with Paul Sullivan and IAPracing. IAPracing definitely does not have any more dealings with EC, they are selling tunes from another tuner right now. I'm sure EC will perform their due diligence prior to handing out franchise rights to any shops in the future.

EC definitely did the right thing by pulling the franchise rights!
Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Based on all the communications that MaroonC63 have posted, EC has been nothing but accommodating in addressing his issues. The issue was and still is with Paul Sullivan and IAPracing. IAPracing definitely does not have any more dealings with EC, they are selling tunes from another tuner right now. I'm sure EC will perform their due diligence prior to handing out franchise rights to any shops in the future.

EC definitely did the right thing by pulling the franchise rights!
Miscommunication. But from what I've posted im sure everyone knows I've always supported Eurocharged 120% and back up your tune every single time a question about ec tunes comes up. So incase anyone isn't familiar with that thread and my constant Eurocharged compliments on it, the problem was with Paul, the franchisee and his practices.

Oh, and YOURE dead on about him continuing the same practices, i still hear recent horror stories. Dear lord.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec ruins cars and refuse to take responsibility