Advice Welcomed: Maintenance for Pre-owned 08 C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C63 AMG
Advice Welcomed: Maintenance for Pre-owned 08 C63

Hi all,

I am a newly registered member , but have occasionally browsed on this website because of the wealth of information, thank you!

So long story short I recently purchased a used 2008 C63 with only 19,000 km! I know sounded too good to be true, I ran multiple VIN reports (Carproof, CARFAX, UVIP, etc) and everything added up.

What concerns me is that the only service records I have is that it’s first oil change and brake flush was done 2 years ago at 7,000 KM, and 11,000 KM.

As my last level of re-assurance I brought the car to my local Mercedes-Benz dealer. They issued the safety and recommended for me to do a Major Service-B which I approved for peace of mind. I explained my situation in buying this used car and requested for them to inform me anything that may be deemed as suspicious/fishy. After their inspection they said the car had no issues . They also replaced the rear tail light bracket due to recent recall.

Main question – since the car is 2008, and has only had 2 oil changes and brake flush (will flush again soon) should I do any other preventative maintenance. Should I do anything to the transmission, diff oil, etc?

Thank you everyone… again all your helpful advice will be more than welcomed!

- Gord
Old 03-13-2015, 04:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
As a general rule, maintenance for most cars are as follows:

Engine oil and filter change: every 6-10K miles or 1 year (clean or replace the engine air filters as well)

Cabin filters: every 45K miles

Brake flush: every 2 years (it doesn't matter the miles because brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air over time)

Coolant flush: every 3 years

Transmission fluid flush and filter change: every 30K miles

Power steering fluid flush: every 30K miles

Spark plugs change: every 60K miles

Rear differential fluid: every 60K miles

When in doubt, consult your maintenance booklet. It will tell you the proper intervals. The numbers above are just a guideline, not necessarily followed strictly.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:28 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
Given that the car does not have much mileage on it, I am not surprised to see that only a couple fluid changes have been performed on it. I really wouldn't be worried about it either.

Definitely get fresh brake fluid, oil, and coolant in there. Beyond that I would say it is up to you. Some will recommend a full round of fluids/filters since it has been six years for those items. Trans/diff fluid are more of a grey area as they are more mileage based (vs time) and I think you'd be fine to drive the car for year and then look into doing those fluids at that time.