Sponsored by:

C63 Coupe Edition 507 Long Tube Header Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2015 | 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by OH_NAH
Thanks, does anyone have any insight if only the MHP LT headers are installed and everything else remains stock?
Curious to know what it sounds like.. Is it the MHP xpipe which is installed?
Just look up my arh/mhp install thread. I posted underside pictures of my install, so you can see what's underneath.
Old 10-20-2015 | 09:36 PM

2013 Ram 2500 Limited 2013 Harley CVO Road Glide
Oh_nah
The sound is like bottled rainbows, every time you whack the throttle, it just makes you giggle. I have the same setup as Jeff, it's seriously awesome.
Love making my brother jealous, he lives in a much more northern climate, so when weather is crap where he's at, I'll call him from the car, and punch it when he answers.
The sound travels through the hands free mic sufficiently to pi$$ him off
Old 10-20-2015 | 09:47 PM

2008 MB C350 4MATIC/2011 CL63 AMG/2014 C63 Coupe 507
Originally Posted by OH_NAH
Did you retain the secondary cats from factory as well?

Sounds so nice with the stock system, can't believe it opens up that much by just changing the headers!!
What Jeff said. Roars at 3k/3500 rpms. No cats whatsoever but stock rez and mufflers. Also, car is at EC Canada getting some ported heads/multi angle valve job done, should be ready in a week now (been over a week already).
Old 10-20-2015 | 10:10 PM

push bike
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Just look up my arh/mhp install thread. I posted underside pictures of my install, so you can see what's underneath.

The x-pipe replaces the secondary cats and bolts directly to the stock resonators. The x-pipe smooths out some of the rasp of a LT cat delete setup. You shouldn't have any other installation costs or modifications to make this setup fit.

only difference between yours Jeff and the_indian_kid is that the_indian_kid has all cats removed where as you have the 200 cell cats on your LT headers.

Jeff does his sound much louder compared to yours seeing as he does not have cats?

cheers!

Last edited by OH_NAH; 10-21-2015 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-21-2015 | 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
The sound isn't that much different compared to the catless setup. It might possibly be a few db quieter with the cats installed, but I can't be 100% sure as I have never ran a catless setup. Based on the OP's video, that's how my car sounds from the outside.
Old 10-21-2015 | 10:14 AM

push bike
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
The sound isn't that much different compared to the catless setup. It might possibly be a few db quieter with the cats installed, but I can't be 100% sure as I have never ran a catless setup. Based on the OP's video, that's how my car sounds from the outside.
Thanks for confirming, im disappointed now, after reading more into the ARH/MHP headers and even MBH headers they dont fit for right hand drive cars..........