Sponsored by:

FS: W204 STRUT BRACE / BAR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I just had mine installed. In all honestly, I don't feel a difference, even during aggressive driving/turn-in. Prolly b/c it's aluminum...but it looks cool and is well built haha. Chromoly might have been better choice even tho it weighs more.

But fitment was spot on.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:46 PM

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 E63s
I want one, How can I get it? Dont care about color
Old 07-25-2015, 03:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 Amg
Not to step on anyones toe's. But I think is has been discussed on here, that there should be no movable parts on the bar. I thought it was said that the two hinge type things actually hinder the ability for the car to be more sturdy.

There are few companies that make a bar that has no movable parts on it. I would think even that because the whole process is being done to make the car handle more aggressively. Then why would a bar that has movable pieces work?

Am I wrong for thinking this? I can find the thread if you guys would like.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG
It's truly a matter of opinion. We have discussed this at length already.

At this point you make a decision, we wanted to create an all round piece. That means functional access to the entire motor for service without removing the mounts on either side.

Please find me a bar for the c63 that is not modular with a removable center brace.

Gents I am happy there is a demand for this piece. Unfortunately we will no longer be producing anymore as we have already ran several group buys in the recent past.

I have 1 piece left. PM me if you have any questions.

Kris

Originally Posted by Ihopaz
Not to step on anyones toe's. But I think is has been discussed on here, that there should be no movable parts on the bar. I thought it was said that the two hinge type things actually hinder the ability for the car to be more sturdy.

There are few companies that make a bar that has no movable parts on it. I would think even that because the whole process is being done to make the car handle more aggressively. Then why would a bar that has movable pieces work?

Old 07-25-2015, 03:58 PM

2013 C63 Amg
Originally Posted by Kriston
It's truly a matter of opinion. We have discussed this at length already.

At this point you make a decision, we wanted to create an all round piece. That means functional access to the entire motor for service without removing the mounts on either side.

Please find me a bar for the c63 that is not modular with a removable center brace.

Gents I am happy there is a demand for this piece. Unfortunately we will no longer be producing anymore as we have already ran several group buys in the recent past.

I have 1 piece left. PM me if you have any questions.

Kris
Kris, the thread I was referencing is bellow. And I just couldn't remember what was said. There certainly would have to be some sacrificing with a brace that is fixed and unable to move in anyway. After all it is a BRACE, I don't know honestly I'm just going off some thoughts others said and my own thoughts of what a brace should be like. Here is the thread and here is the brace I want. I'm just waiting for them to make a run of them again.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...g-anymore.html

And the brace I want because it has no moving parts.

http://mbartsperformance.com/MBA-204-STB.html

My thoughts are with a design that has a removable center piece you need to remove 2 bolts vs a fixed bar where you have to remove 6. But there is no possible sacrifice of better structural rigidity.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:48 PM

2019 E63s
I just pm you my zip code.

I want the brace!!!!! Lol
Old 07-27-2015, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Long Bow I just sent you a PM about the last bar I have.

Just for comparison sake, I also own the Renntech front and rear braces as well. Driving dynamics between the 2 front braces are almost identical. I truly believe we achieved 95% of what the Renntech brace has to offer at 1/4th of the cost. A decent trade off considering the main difference between the 2 are the weight.

The welds on the MBTN braces IMHO are cleaner then the Renntech piece, the mounting points on the MBTN brace also are more rigid covering the entire 3 point mounting surface.

Not knocking the Renntech piece as its beautifully crafted and I am running it at the moment. It was the standard the new braces were created with. I trust you can understand its not for every one, but I also have real-world experience with both pieces.

FS: W204 STRUT BRACE / BAR-94851d01-8474-4116-a644-8d76eb5bff1f.jpg
Old 07-27-2015, 03:33 PM

2019 E63s
money sent

thank you
Old 07-30-2015, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Hey Guys,

Just a heads up, I was cleaning the garage out (in the middle of a move) and I found 1 more black bar still sealed tucked neatly behind some of my wife's shoe boxes (how cliche right?)

Shoot me a PM if you want it.
Thanks
Kris
Old 07-31-2015, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Hey guys,

A local member picked it up last night. Thanks for all the interest.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CLK55, C63BS
strut brace

Kris : Just got the brace installed and it FITS and looks GREAT!!!!!! The B S strut towers are the same as the c 63 Thanks again for the quick way you took care of all !!! Will pay pal you tomorrow!!!! THANKS
Old 08-08-2015, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Thats great to hear John! thank you!

Originally Posted by Spine55
Kris : Just got the brace installed and it FITS and looks GREAT!!!!!! The B S strut towers are the same as the c 63 Thanks again for the quick way you took care of all !!! Will pay pal you tomorrow!!!! THANKS
Old 08-08-2015, 02:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Ram 2500 Limited 2013 Harley CVO Road Glide
Finally got around to mounting mine. Fit and welds were excellent.
Just wish I could get a matching rear!!
G.
Attached Thumbnails FS: W204 STRUT BRACE / BAR-img_4059.jpg  
Old 06-10-2016, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Hey Guys I have 2 pieces from our Clubs Group Buy.

They are in Anthracite Black. Please PM me for details.

Thanks
Kris
Old 06-10-2016, 10:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic & 2010 Audi Q5 & 2015 C63 507
Kriston, are these fronts only? I need rear bar. :-)
Old 06-10-2016, 10:38 PM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Ihopaz

You are 100 percent correct. Any moving part on a strut bar completely negates the bar from working like it should.
When we had our race cars we could feel a difference between strut bars that tied side to side, firewall and adjustable bars. The problem with hinged bars is that the unibody of a car moves more than one direction in a turn and off camber turns, Fast turn ins and chicanes, and even acceleration runs. The bars are suppose to limit shock towers from deforming in a turn, and if a bar does its job, the towers won't move as much, but if it doesn't the body can move side to side and up and down. Having hinges can make things worse as the shock towers can move higher and lower changing camber in the middle of a turn. Having hinged bars just makes it a show piece inside your hood.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
As we discussed before, there are 2 opinions on the fact. Everyone has there own opinion and thats okay. You simply re-stated what has already been discussed.

Thanks for the input. To the guys who PM'd me I will get back to you all later today / tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Mazspeed
You are 100 percent correct. Any moving part on a strut bar completely negates the bar from working like it should.
When we had our race cars we could feel a difference between strut bars that tied side to side, firewall and adjustable bars. The problem with hinged bars is that the unibody of a car moves more than one direction in a turn and off camber turns, Fast turn ins and chicanes, and even acceleration runs. The bars are suppose to limit shock towers from deforming in a turn, and if a bar does its job, the towers won't move as much, but if it doesn't the body can move side to side and up and down. Having hinges can make things worse as the shock towers can move higher and lower changing camber in the middle of a turn. Having hinged bars just makes it a show piece inside your hood.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,831 Likes on 1,673 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I love this thread. It's not an opinion Kriston, it's a fact man.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Okay? what do you want me to say to you bud?

We agree to disagree

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I love this thread. It's not an opinion Kriston, it's a fact man.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:16 PM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Kriston
Okay? what do you want me to say to you bud?

We agree to disagree
I probably should have read the entire thread before commenting. I did so based on a question.
I take it you made these bars? They beautiful looking and looks to be well crafted.
And for street use and looks, it's great and it's a talking piece.
For straight track applications no one uses a hinged bar.
I did a Google search on this to see the different types of bars out there and to my surprise, a lot of hinged bars are sold. I also did a hinged bar VS non hinged and one piece and the only forum I came across where "The members" said it didn't matter was a Honda civic forum.
There was a lot of disinformation out there, but when you go on to "real race forums" by people who are racing the cars you don't get a debate about "hinged" or "non hinged". They ALL use non hinged or 1 piece bars, and they are tie into at least 3 points. Side to side and firewall. These companies that sell bars are not interested in creating the best performance bar, because those don't sell. They make the coolest looking bars that do sell. An ugly steel bar set up is not going to sell as well as a fancy looking carbon or aluminum piece. So they make them to sell.
Side to side movement is just one of the areas a bar is suppose to control, but also up and down and twist motion. A lot of the hinged bars just cannot control 2 out of the 3 motions that it needs to remain stiff. It can't. A lot of lightweight 1 piece bars also don't do you any favors by shaving weight just to have a light weight bar.
The best bars are heavy duty ugly steal units that make your engine bay look like a roll cage.
This is not an opinion, it's an outright fact. If you Google race car strut bars, you will see what I mean.
I don't trust Aluminum to stop deflection on a 3900lb car with 450-550hp in a corner, street or otherwise. And I certainly don't trust a hinged Aluminum 2 point for the same application. Remember, the higher the cars weight, the stronger you have to make things to compensate.
I think if you made it a little beefier and got rid of the hinges, and tied it to the firewall you would have a bad *** unit. I would be in line to buy it from you. The problem is, the C63 is a beastly car and when things flex, they will flex with a lot of weight behind it. But it's not just side to side, it's up and down, and twisting motion that needs to be corrected. Most bars just don't do that.

Last edited by Mazspeed; 06-12-2016 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Thanks for the input Maz,

for the track enthusiast this may not be the solution for them. However, it's a great addition to any street vehicle. The design is more-so for functionality as well. Center bar is removable for quick access etc.

Thanks again,

Gents I got 1 left. We ship out on Friday.

Originally Posted by Mazspeed
I probably should have read the entire thread before commenting. I did so based on a question.
I take it you made these bars? They beautiful looking and looks to be well crafted.
And for street use and looks, it's great and it's a talking piece.
For straight track applications no one uses a hinged bar.
I did a Google search on this to see the different types of bars out there and to my surprise, a lot of hinged bars are sold. I also did a hinged bar VS non hinged and one piece and the only forum I came across where "The members" said it didn't matter was a Honda civic forum.
There was a lot of disinformation out there, but when you go on to "real race forums" by people who are racing the cars you don't get a debate about "hinged" or "non hinged". They ALL use non hinged or 1 piece bars, and they are tie into at least 3 points. Side to side and firewall. These companies that sell bars are not interested in creating the best performance bar, because those don't sell. They make the coolest looking bars that do sell. An ugly steel bar set up is not going to sell as well as a fancy looking carbon or aluminum piece. So they make them to sell.
Side to side movement is just one of the areas a bar is suppose to control, but also up and down and twist motion. A lot of the hinged bars just cannot control 2 out of the 3 motions that it needs to remain stiff. It can't. A lot of lightweight 1 piece bars also don't do you any favors by shaving weight just to have a light weight bar.
The best bars are heavy duty ugly steal units that make your engine bay look like a roll cage.
This is not an opinion, it's an outright fact. If you Google race car strut bars, you will see what I mean.
I don't trust Aluminum to stop deflection on a 3900lb car with 450-550hp in a corner, street or otherwise. And I certainly don't trust a hinged Aluminum 2 point for the same application. Remember, the higher the cars weight, the stronger you have to make things to compensate.
I think if you made it a little beefier and got rid of the hinges, and tied it to the firewall you would have a bad *** unit. I would be in line to buy it from you. The problem is, the C63 is a beastly car and when things flex, they will flex with a lot of weight behind it. But it's not just side to side, it's up and down, and twisting motion that needs to be corrected. Most bars just don't do that.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Thanks so much guys, the 2 Bars were shipped out.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:33 AM

2009 blk/blk C63 AMG, 2010 wht/blk c300 sport, 06 c280, 12 Triumph Daytona 675R wht/blk/red
you don't have any more black by any chance do you?
Old 06-30-2016, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Sent you a PM Luke.

Originally Posted by Luke_Geezy
you don't have any more black by any chance do you?
Old 09-01-2016, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Guys I found another bar left after my move. 1 black one sealed up for grabs.

PM me for details.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: W204 STRUT BRACE / BAR