C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car still quiet after cat/resonator delete.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 10:05 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Found the culprit to my issue. This may also be useful info to others. I had originally told the exhaust shop to install an h-pipe when I was deleting my cats. I had left the vehicle with them as they were done for the day and picked up the next day in the morning without inspecting the work. I was immediately disappointed at the results but knew the work was done cause I had the cats and resonators in my trunk. So after couple weeks I go in to see about adding exhaust cutouts and upon inspecting underneath the vehicle for a good location for a cutout I noticed they used an x-pipe instead if an h-pipe that I had specifically asked them to do. So I had them remove the x-pipe and add the H-pipe. Now the vehicle sounds closer to what I have heard on YouTube with more pops and rumble. Might return the cutouts since the sound is now more satisfactory.

Last edited by Mag1c Carp3t; 08-18-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 P31
Originally Posted by Mag1c Carp3t
Found the culprit to my issue. This may also be useful info to others. I had originally told the exhaust shop to install an h-pipe when I was deleting my cats. I had left the vehicle with them as they were done for the day and picked up the next day in the morning without inspecting the work. I was immediately disappointed at the results but knew the work was done cause I had the cats and resonators in my trunk. So after couple weeks I go in to see about adding exhaust cutouts and upon inspecting underneath the vehicle for a good location for a cutout I noticed they used an x-pipe instead if an h-pipe that I had specifically asked them to do. So I had them remove the x-pipe and add the H-pipe. Now the vehicle sounds closer to what I have heard on YouTube with more pops and rumble. Might return the cutouts since the sound is now more satisfactory.
Lol, what is up with these exhaust shops ****ing up these instructions? In another thread there was a member who had the wrong part of the exhaust chopped up and got it involuntarily straight piped
Old 08-19-2015, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 398 Likes on 276 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by CMC-63
Lol, what is up with these exhaust shops ****ing up these instructions? In another thread there was a member who had the wrong part of the exhaust chopped up and got it involuntarily straight piped
Haha I remember seeing that one. I'll add to this, the first shop I went to, instead of removing my secondary cats and replace them with straight pipes..they removed my primaries ....then they tried to charge me $900 for their screw up lol. I walked out of there the next day with a $0 bill, everything put back and an apology from the owner.

Last edited by INS1GNIA; 08-21-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
just go straight pipe. if they mess that up, well... that's just plain pathetic.