C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Do dealerships do a good job mounting/ balancing tires ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Do dealerships do a good job mounting/ balancing tires ?

I'm pretty accustomed to going to an Indy shop with a hunter road force balancer and never had a problem.

However I'm in a situation where I have to buy oem wheels from the dealership so ratjer then having to make several trips to take the wheels to the Indy shop I figure why not let the dealer do it.

Famous last words ? Anybody have experience which was positive or negative ?
Old 08-12-2015, 02:30 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
I posted the same question a while back and the feeling was the local tire shops have better equipment at a cheaper price.

That being said, I think I saw some minor scratches after that I swear were not there before.

If your Indy shop is a performance shop dealing mostly in high end cars, I'd go there. My plan is to quote a performace shop for my next mounting... tires disappear fast enough with these cars so it shouldn't be long
Old 08-12-2015, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
It will vary dealer to dealer depending on the equipment they have, the people they hire and the general attitude of the shop. I think you can expect a higher standard than a garage or tire shop but perhaps not as good as a dedicated shop with the best equipment, people and attitude. I have had good results at our local dealer and no damage to the tires, wheels or car. They will all want to use an air gun to remove and install the lug bolts and that is just wrong. Locally, I have never been able to talk them out of using an air gun so I just take in the wheels and tires and do the removal/installation myself at home.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
I got a cut on my left front tire and the dealer replaced it. It's my only wheel with gouges/nicks on the barrel. The other sets of tires have always been replaced by a good indy shop. I take my wheels off to clean them, so I am pretty familiar with their condition.