C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune2air + iPhone + BT auto-play = MaKiNg mE nUtS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 GL450, '11 ML350
Re: #2, I think this is an issue with the iOS 8 Music player. I rely on playlists, and it always seems to forget its place (especially if I play a video on FB or YouTube). I'm going to look online for this issue and resolution, as it drives me crazy. Hopefully, it gets fixed in iOS 9.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:54 AM
evd

09 C63 Estate
Just got mine today, works OK with Spotify - don't expect the title information to work properly on the display though - However skipping tracks forward (reverse doesn't work) is fine.

Not sure if I'll keep it though, I have an Airplay setup at the moment via Aux which works well enough, plus I don't use the Apple Music app.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
[... I'm constantly frustrated by the COMAND system's insistence to auto-play music as soon as the BT connection is established. Is there a way to turn this off ...]

Hooraaay!!!

Did anyone else notice the last OS update by Apply fixed this?

I have zero issues now...
Old 11-07-2015, 08:04 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W204 C63
Originally Posted by evd
Just got mine today, works OK with Spotify - don't expect the title information to work properly on the display though - However skipping tracks forward (reverse doesn't work) is fine.

Not sure if I'll keep it though, I have an Airplay setup at the moment via Aux which works well enough, plus I don't use the Apple Music app.
Interesting, skipping forward doesn't work for me.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:53 AM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
Originally Posted by Dogtag114
[... I'm constantly frustrated by the COMAND system's insistence to auto-play music as soon as the BT connection is established. Is there a way to turn this off ...]

Hooraaay!!!

No. After the latest update, my Tune2air doesn't work at all.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:47 AM

W204 C63
Mine still works for me, luckily.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:24 PM

2009 c63
Originally Posted by cornerjunkie
No. After the latest update, my Tune2air doesn't work at all.
Try to unpair it and pair again.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:46 AM
evd

09 C63 Estate
Does anyone have any issues with the tune2air remaining powered on after you leave the car and lock it etc?

I see my iphone still connected to it sometimes, have to manually turn off BT on the phone..I think then eventually the tune2air powers down.

Since I use spotify all the time, I just cleared all the music from my iphone library and put on a 20 second blank mp3. Tried a 2sec MP3 and there were weird issues with Spotify constantly pausing in some situations. 20 works better.

Havent NO tracks on the iPhone meant it just failed to be picked up by the COMAND interface.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:54 AM

W204 C63
Originally Posted by evd
Does anyone have any issues with the tune2air remaining powered on after you leave the car and lock it etc?

I see my iphone still connected to it sometimes, have to manually turn off BT on the phone..I think then eventually the tune2air powers down.

Since I use spotify all the time, I just cleared all the music from my iphone library and put on a 20 second blank mp3. Tried a 2sec MP3 and there were weird issues with Spotify constantly pausing in some situations. 20 works better.

Havent NO tracks on the iPhone meant it just failed to be picked up by the COMAND interface.
Yeah, mine stays powered on for a good while after. Not a big deal, once I get far enough away it disconencts anyways.

I also use Spotify all the time, and I Cleared all teh music from my iPhone same as you. I put a 4 Minute Long Blank MP3, and it works perfectly fine!

And yup, if you dont' have anything on the iPhone then COMAND won't pick it up.

That being said, you can't change the songs forwards and backwards from the COMAND unit can you?

The only way Ifound that you could, is the click the button in, and then go to "Current Tracklist", and select the song again, and it'll actually go to the next one, lol. It's kinda weird, but it kidn of works.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:30 AM
evd

09 C63 Estate
Originally Posted by Phil Chow
Yeah, mine stays powered on for a good while after. Not a big deal, once I get far enough away it disconencts anyways.

I also use Spotify all the time, and I Cleared all teh music from my iPhone same as you. I put a 4 Minute Long Blank MP3, and it works perfectly fine!

And yup, if you dont' have anything on the iPhone then COMAND won't pick it up.

That being said, you can't change the songs forwards and backwards from the COMAND unit can you?

The only way Ifound that you could, is the click the button in, and then go to "Current Tracklist", and select the song again, and it'll actually go to the next one, lol. It's kinda weird, but it kidn of works.
I can skip tracks, only forward though. Works from steering wheel controls and the button in the console.

Unfortunately my house is sorta small so see BT connecting off and on haha..

Not a big deal but annoying.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:42 AM

2009 c63
...odd... I can go forward and back and songs are displayed in dash even for Pandora...

Power does stay on... Annoying only when washing car and trying to use BT speaker... I just unplug it in glove now when I do that.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
^^Mine won't let me use the steering wheel for forward or back. (also shows incorrect song playing) How did you get it to work?
Old 11-10-2015, 11:03 AM

2009 c63
Originally Posted by medamullet
^^Mine won't let me use the steering wheel for forward or back. (also shows incorrect song playing) How did you get it to work?
Let's start here... I have 2009, iPhone 6 Plus (also worked with 4s).

I just paired it and it worked...
Old 11-10-2015, 11:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
that's weird. I have 2011 and it is paired and doesn't work correctly. I can change it on my phone/ipod but not with the wheel. AND it won't pair with my android phone at all.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:00 PM

W204 C63
I can't change the song from my COMAND unless I Go to the "Current Tracklist".

The buttons don't work. Haven't tried the steering wheel actually, will give that a shot, lol.

I'm also a 2009, iPhone 6+.

Songs are also wrong on Spotify, but I'm not sure if Pandora is different than Spotify.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:59 PM

2009 C63
I've had the same frustration with my Tune2Air - autoplay, and if I hit pause on Google Music, in about 2~3 seconds it'll start playing again.

Also, if any of you experience your iPod/Tune2Air volume being noticeably lower than Radio or CD (e.g., if you switch from iPod/Tune2Air to Radio, the radio is way too loud because you had to turn up the volume for the iPod/Tune2Air), then you'll need an in-line amp:

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/ipod-amplifier.html

Supposedly, if you have the Harmon-Kardon option, you won't need this. But I have HK, and a 2009, and I definitely did not have an in-line amp, though my radio/input volumes were all pretty equalized. However, I definitely noticed that if I plugged my phone in using the line-in plug, then played the same song using the iPod connector, the bass was significantly weaker with the iPod connector. So, I ordered the in-line amp, installed it, and now I can enjoy much fuller and bass-rich music with my Tune2Air.

The install is easy, you just have to be willing to contort your body to get under the glovebox and carefully wiggle out the wires and audio box. It's not difficult, just cramped for space.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by Eskareon
I've had the same frustration with my Tune2Air - autoplay, and if I hit pause on Google Music, in about 2~3 seconds it'll start playing again. Also, if any of you experience your iPod/Tune2Air volume being noticeably lower than Radio or CD (e.g., if you switch from iPod/Tune2Air to Radio, the radio is way too loud because you had to turn up the volume for the iPod/Tune2Air), then you'll need an in-line amp: https://www.commandonline.co.uk/ipod-amplifier.html Supposedly, if you have the Harmon-Kardon option, you won't need this. But I have HK, and a 2009, and I definitely did not have an in-line amp, though my radio/input volumes were all pretty equalized. However, I definitely noticed that if I plugged my phone in using the line-in plug, then played the same song using the iPod connector, the bass was significantly weaker with the iPod connector. So, I ordered the in-line amp, installed it, and now I can enjoy much fuller and bass-rich music with my Tune2Air. The install is easy, you just have to be willing to contort your body to get under the glovebox and carefully wiggle out the wires and audio box. It's not difficult, just cramped for space.
I was thinking to get one of these too. Have you tried going into the menu and raising the volume? I read online that some can, but my 2009 didn't have the capability. Just wondering if yours was different.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:07 AM

2009 C63
I couldn't with mine, either, outside of the regular bass/treble. But I never had the volume issue going from line-in to radio, either, so I didn't think I had any problems until someone played a song through their iPhone that I had played before using my phone with line-in. I was actually trying to show them that the HK system was pretty good, and when they played the song, it sounded empty, the bass was a joke. I was like, wait, what? So I plugged my phone in (Android, so line-in and not the iPod connector) and the music was instantly more full and the bass hit hard. That's when I knew something was off with the iPod line.

The amp fixed that, which was a big thing for me to decide on getting the Tune2Air.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:36 PM

'11 GL450, '11 ML350
Originally Posted by Dogtag114

Hooraaay!!!

What iOS version are you running? I am running iOS 9.1, and my same frustrations persist (auto-play, forgetting where it left off and playing the first song in my library, Tune2Air overriding phone calls with 2 seconds of silence every 10 seconds, etc.).

I'm fairly certain that auto-play and the phone issues are Tune2Air. I thought the playlist forgetfulness was an iOS issue, but as long as I launch my Music app before I enter the car, it never forgets its place. If I don't hit play/pause, it will reset and play the first song 50% of the time.

Also, when I send/receive a call, I have to pop the glove box and remove the Tune2Air to prevent it from trying to overrun the phone call. It's sad that I have to manually "pull the plug" on Tune2Air to have a phone call.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:02 AM

'11 GL450, '11 ML350
I just updated my iOS, and now the Tune2Air won't react to skipping / backing up tracks via the COMAND buttons or steering wheel. It will actually show the next track name in the COMAND display for 2-3 seconds, but it keeps playing the same track (and the display resumes the current song). Also, since the update, it won't auto-play... I have to press play on my iPhone for music to begin (this is actually a good thing). However, it's still interfering with phone calls, so I have to unplug it when I need to make/take a phone call.

I am looking at other options again.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:40 AM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
Originally Posted by sacleonard
I just updated my iOS, and now the Tune2Air won't react to skipping / backing up tracks via the COMAND buttons or steering wheel. It will actually show the next track name in the COMAND display for 2-3 seconds, but it keeps playing the same track (and the display resumes the current song). Also, since the update, it won't auto-play... I have to press play on my iPhone for music to begin (this is actually a good thing). However, it's still interfering with phone calls, so I have to unplug it when I need to make/take a phone call.

I am looking at other options again.
Let us know what other option you choose. Mine still doesnt work at all and Visseo won't return any emails...
Old 12-28-2015, 07:34 PM

'11 GL450, '11 ML350
I recently purchased this BT adapter:
Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for 2011 or Earlier Mercedes iPod iPhone 30 Pin Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for 2011 or Earlier Mercedes iPod iPhone 30 Pin Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's got the same quirky issues, but I've been providing them daily feedback on the issues, so their engineers can try to fix them (much more responsive than Viseeo). They are a domestic company and very receptive to feedback, so they're hoping to provide me with a firmware update early next month. Stay tuned!
The following users liked this post:
giulianoMX (03-14-2016)
Old 12-28-2015, 07:47 PM

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts
Multiple
I have been using Tune2Air for about a year. Other than the annoying issue of the music automatically starting to play, its worked well for me. I have been able to change tracks both forward and back from steering wheel, it always connects to phone.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL450
Originally Posted by sacleonard
I recently purchased this BT adapter: Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for 2011 or Earlier Mercedes iPod iPhone 30 Pin Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's got the same quirky issues, but I've been providing them daily feedback on the issues, so their engineers can try to fix them (much more responsive than Viseeo). They are a domestic company and very receptive to feedback, so they're hoping to provide me with a firmware update early next month. Stay tuned!
Do you have any updates on the auto playing annoying feature? Can you pause a song or podcast?

I have BoVee Tune2Air and the first song on my playlist starts playing as soon as I start the car and I cannot pause a song, if I do, it starts playing it again after 1/2 second.

Please advise.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:50 PM

'11 GL450, '11 ML350
Originally Posted by giulianoMX
Do you have any updates on the auto playing annoying feature? Can you pause a song or podcast?

I have BoVee Tune2Air and the first song on my playlist starts playing as soon as I start the car and I cannot pause a song, if I do, it starts playing it again after 1/2 second.

Please advise.
Hi. Sorry, I haven't been on here in a while. I worked directly with the Coolstream company, and gave them a ton of feedback. In the end, however, they were unable to resolve any of the issues I previously highlighted --- particularly, (1.) resetting my playlist to the first song and (2.) interfering with phone calls. Also, if I change songs / playlists on the iPhone, then the COMAND display becomes un-synced (turning Bluetooth off and on resets it, but still annoying).

I continue to use it, as I've found no alternatives... learning to start / stop my Music app before I enter the vehicle, and I have to reach into the glove box and disconnect the device if I want to receive or send a phone call. I just emailed Coolstream to see if they've made any updates (firmware or hardware) that I can test for them.

The Coolstream works EXACTLY like the Tune2Air device (just with responsive customer service, LOL).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tune2air + iPhone + BT auto-play = MaKiNg mE nUtS!