C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Toubleshooting Engine Misfire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 c63
Toubleshooting Engine Misfire

>On cold starts, my engine would vibrate really bad.
>The misfires goes away after it gets warmed up for a few minutes
>Eventually the CEL came flashing, then stayed on permanently
>I used the Torque Free App and it gave code P0303 (Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected) and P0003 P0703 P0800
>i swapped the ignition coil and spark plugs between Cylinder 2 and 3
>i noticed #3 was dry, but #2 had oil all around the threading
>engine still shows CEL and pulls the same codes P0303

I already knocked out the spark plugs and ignition coil, and I was working on my car right before all this happened, so i could have knocked something loose.

>I purchased Techron Pro-grad (the diluted one) and the misfires hasnt happened yet (maybe I haven't let the engine cool down enough for a cold start), but CEL is still on. I have a bottle of the Techron concentrate ready for my next fuel up
>I purchased Torque app for 5 dollars last night, and this app is showing P0300 (random cylinder misfire), P030X (every cylinder but #5). It was showing P0300, and every P030X under pending fault codes on the free app

Could this be an issue with the fuel filter, spark plug wires, MAF/MAP, and/or O2 sensor?
Old 09-24-2015, 04:54 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by jas0ndotc0m
>On cold starts, my engine would vibrate really bad.
>The misfires goes away after it gets warmed up for a few minutes
>Eventually the CEL came flashing, then stayed on permanently
>I used the Torque Free App and it gave code P0303 (Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected) and P0003 P0703 P0800
>i swapped the ignition coil and spark plugs between Cylinder 2 and 3
>i noticed #3 was dry, but #2 had oil all around the threading
>engine still shows CEL and pulls the same codes P0303

I already knocked out the spark plugs and ignition coil, and I was working on my car right before all this happened, so i could have knocked something loose.

>I purchased Techron Pro-grad (the diluted one) and the misfires hasnt happened yet (maybe I haven't let the engine cool down enough for a cold start), but CEL is still on. I have a bottle of the Techron concentrate ready for my next fuel up
>I purchased Torque app for 5 dollars last night, and this app is showing P0300 (random cylinder misfire), P030X (every cylinder but #5). It was showing P0300, and every P030X under pending fault codes on the free app

Could this be an issue with the fuel filter, spark plug wires, MAF/MAP, and/or O2 sensor?
Had this issue last year all winter long. Constant misfires in all but one cylinder. Brand new coils and spark plugs but no help. Started using fuel cleaner which worked good but if I left the car idling for more than 30mins, it would misfire. By spring the problem went away. People were saying bad gas but idk what the actual issue was but thank god it went away.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:34 PM

'11 c63
oh ok, was going to ask if it was safe to drive on since ive been doing it all week but it seems like you did too. i'll try and empty the tank then try different gas

i do have fidelity warranty and have it scheduled for the stealership next week but i fear them rejecting my warranty lol trying to see if i can save the money and hassle myself
Old 09-24-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by jas0ndotc0m
oh ok, was going to ask if it was safe to drive on since ive been doing it all week but it seems like you did too. i'll try and empty the tank then try different gas

i do have fidelity warranty and have it scheduled for the stealership next week but i fear them rejecting my warranty lol trying to see if i can save the money and hassle myself
Dealership is a joke. I am catless so they kept blaming everything on that saying no back pressure and quotes me at $7000 for an exhaust. I try to stick to BP gas only now and havent had an issue since
Old 09-25-2015, 03:59 AM

'11 c63
i have my secondaries removed, im seriously hoping its not my cat bcuz its one of the few things my warranty doesnt cover. I just cleaned my MAF sensor, check engine light still on.

think the last few remaining things is a loose connection somewhere, o2 sensors, bad fuel, or an air leak somewhere.