Sponsored by:

Detailer in Houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 10:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Detailer/Paint Correction in Houston

For anyone that is looking for a good detailer in Houston that actually cares about your car and is not just trying to blow through as many vehicles as possible to maximize profits...I want to share my story with Brent of Active Auto Detailing (https://www.facebook.com/activeautodetail).

When I found the car for sale the first two times I went and saw it the weather was overcast so the paint condition was hard to judge. On the third visit to see/buy the car it was a beautiful day out and I asked to see the car one more time before buying it. Well in the sun it was like looking at a completely different car. I swear the previous owner must have washed it with 40 grit sandpaper on a regular basis (not to mention the godawful job that the dealership had done on it; I could see every path that the orbital had taken).

Knowing the condition of the paint and that it would need extensive correction, I was able to knock a few more buck off of the price and pulled the trigger. My first order of business now was to find the perfect place to take the car for the paint correction. After searching yelp and a few others I decided to see what I could dig up on mbworld. I found a post from a member (I do not recall who) that had used/recommended Brent. So, I gave him a call and we worked out a date and I dropped off the car for the day.

When I picked it up last night I couldn't believe my eyes. It was like looking at a brand new car. Brent had done a fantastic job and I could not identify a single swirl mark on the car. He did what he called a level two and a half because he did not think it was quite necessary for me to pay for the full blown level three. Now I'm not exactly sure what his process was but I know that he did a clay, a single-stage polish with a high-speed buffer, and a compounding polishing followed by sealant. The package also included a full interior/exterior detail including wheels/barrels.

The most important thing to me was how much he genuinely cared about his work; as if it were his own car. The other thing is that he is a one man shop working out of his home which can be off-putting at first (in Houston we are all used to the fancy waiting rooms and lines of cars waiting for their turn) but in actuality this is perhaps the perfect scenario. He takes the car in for the day and puts his full attention to it. No rushing or trying to get the next guy done.

If it is not obvious at this point, I HIGHLY recommend Brent for any car detailing needs in Houston. I have only used him for the paint correction but I am certain that I will continue to go to him. He has a somewhat large presence on the BMW forums and he seems to work on just about any high end car. Just give him a call or text and let him know what your needs are. He is more than accommodating and will work with you on a date/time.

Swirls on door before correction.

After correction.

Last edited by sharkey_lsu; 09-28-2015 at 09:54 AM. Reason: The mobile platform deleted my write-up.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Impressive improvement! Who did it, how'd they do it and what was cost like?
Old 09-28-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by zcct04
Impressive improvement! Who did it, how'd they do it and what was cost like?
The mobile platform deleted my write-up when I added pictures so I apologize that the post was quite vague. Brent with Active Auto Detailing did the work and I added what I could about process details above. The cost was very good considering he spent nearly 11 hours on it; I paid $300 for what he called an extended two step.