Sponsored by:

Turbo??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2015 | 09:59 PM

C63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
You and me both, sister.

And what is even worse is the solution is just STARING at people in the face who want turbo's so bad. It's called a w205 c63, and yes, it has turbo's.

"But I don't like the touch pad screen" ... Said no-one ever under full boost in the w205.

"Man, I really wish I never bought this car because of the column shifter" ... Said no-one ever under full boost in the w205.

"This styling sucks, it's too soft, and the w204 looks so much better" ... Said the guy admiring the w204 in the rear view mirror of his w205 under full boost.

"So glad I invested $50k of aftermarket parts into my w204 just to keep up with a tuned w205" said, you guessed it, no-one ever.

f***ing sigh.
Did you ever think people like the 6.2 over the 4.0? If it was a 5.5 its be a different story. Plus the compression plus 5 psi will put this car over 700whp with out the stress that a roots supercharger puts on the crank. Your ignorance is blinding. Have you seen a few people go back to a w204?
Old 11-16-2015 | 10:02 PM

C63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by Phil Chow
The stupidity astounds me.
The jokes on you
Old 11-16-2015 | 10:42 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Edition1c63
Did you ever think people like the 6.2 over the 4.0? If it was a 5.5 its be a different story. Plus the compression plus 5 psi will put this car over 700whp with out the stress that a roots supercharger puts on the crank. Your ignorance is blinding. Have you seen a few people go back to a w204?
Exactly.
Old 11-16-2015 | 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
You and me both, sister.

And what is even worse is the solution is just STARING at people in the face who want turbo's so bad. It's called a w205 c63, and yes, it has turbo's.

"But I don't like the touch pad screen" ... Said no-one ever under full boost in the w205.

"Man, I really wish I never bought this car because of the column shifter" ... Said no-one ever under full boost in the w205.

"This styling sucks, it's too soft, and the w204 looks so much better" ... Said the guy admiring the w204 in the rear view mirror of his w205 under full boost.

"So glad I invested $50k of aftermarket parts into my w204 just to keep up with a tuned w205" said, you guessed it, no-one ever.

f***ing sigh.
Im sorry but a turbo m156 wouldn't have any trouble with a tuned 205...
Old 11-16-2015 | 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Oh absolutely people prefer the 6.2. Why do you think I'm still in a w204... Let me guess, you love the sound and the soul of the 6.2. Guess what happens when you put a turbo on it though? The soul and the sound change. You might love the 6.2 N/A and hate the 6.2 turbo...

And yeah, I've seen a few come back to a w204. Most citing quality issues and saying the w205 exhaust is still amazing, car has soul, and much more power.

Furthermore, I've seen more go w204 to w205 than vice versa sooooooooooo yea

Originally Posted by deadlyvt
Im sorry but a turbo m156 wouldn't have any trouble with a tuned 205...
I wasn't talking about a turbo. I'm talking a stg 3 weistec build. A turbo build on a C63 would in all likelihood be north of $50 if you weren't doing the work.

Also -- those w205s on a tune and DPs are going to be in the 10's. Probably already are and I'll head over there next. However, when that coupe comes out on the wider tire in a smaller car that car is going to fly.

Look - I'm not arguing with you guys about the w205 being better than the w204 or vice versa. There is a reason I am still in a w204. All I did was brag about calling that this thread was coming and then everyone wanted to get technical and STILL wont accept there just isn't the room to make sense.

I am saying that the w205 is a more capable car than the w204 for far far less money (aftermarket of course). People are just so upset with that fact and stick to their guns the w204 > w205. That's fine. But then calling me the ignorant one? Really? Sure I'll just save the name calling for myself.

Tell you what - Get out there and prove me wrong. Prove that a turbo can be done on a relatively decent budget. Then show me that you can put the power to the road on a good tune and have factory like longevity. I'll support it the whole way.
Old 11-16-2015 | 11:48 PM

C63 amg coupe
Oh absolutely people prefer the 6.2. Why do you think I'm still in a w204... Let me guess, you love the sound and the soul of the 6.2. Guess what happens when you put a turbo on it though? The soul and the sound change. You might love the 6.2 N/A and hate the 6.2 turbo...

And yeah, I've seen a few come back to a w204. Most citing quality issues and saying the w205 exhaust is still amazing, car has soul, and much more power.

Furthermore, I've seen more go w204 to w205 than vice versa sooooooooooo yea

I wasn't talking about a turbo. I'm talking a stg 3 weistec build. A turbo build on a C63 would in all likelihood be north of $50 if you weren't doing the work.

Also -- those w205s on a tune and DPs are going to be in the 10's. Probably already are and I'll head over there next. However, when that coupe comes out on the wider tire in a smaller car that car is going to fly.

Look - I'm not arguing with you guys about the w205 being better than the w204 or vice versa. There is a reason I am still in a w204. All I did was brag about calling that this thread was coming and then everyone wanted to get technical and STILL wont accept there just isn't the room to make sense.

I am saying that the w205 is a more capable car than the w204 for far far less money (aftermarket of course). People are just so upset with that fact and stick to their guns the w204 > w205. That's fine. But then calling me the ignorant one? Really? Sure I'll just save the name calling for myself.

Tell you what - Get out there and prove me wrong. Prove that a turbo can be done on a relatively decent budget. Then show me that you can put the power to the road on a good tune and have factory like longevity. I'll support it the whole way.
The right shop could do it for 7 to 8k. I didn't call you a name. The one thing the w205 has over the w204 is the all wheel drive. The power can be put down with the right tire and suspension setup. An ideal situation would be a front mount turbo. A lot of people mount them in the front bumpers of there isn't room in the engine bays. I'm just saying it could be done and it wouldn't cost near as much as you think. Turbos don't put as much stress on the engine due to be exhaust driven versus spinning the crank by a belt.I think they would last longer than a supercharger kit. Injectors, piping, and a intercooler. Room makes it tough but not impossible
Old 11-17-2015 | 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
The one thing the w205 has over the w204 is the all wheel drive.
I'm ****ing done.
Old 11-17-2015 | 02:50 AM

C63 AMG
I'm ****ing done.
Lmao yeah Edition1 you just lost all credibility in this forum, but Purpleheart I was just asking if it could be done, wasn't planning on doing it. Even though it doesn't make any sense to do it cause the budget and lack of room, it is possible to be done.

And personally, I hate the looks of the New c63 sedan... But that couple is fire though!!
Old 11-17-2015 | 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Originally Posted by rohitC63
Lmao yeah Edition1 you just lost all credibility in this forum, but Purpleheart I was just asking if it could be done, wasn't planning on doing it. Even though it doesn't make any sense to do it cause the budget and lack of room, it is possible to be done.

And personally, I hate the looks of the New c63 sedan... But that couple is fire though!!
I would love to see a w205 c63s vs w204 507 Id like to see how much faster on the street it is.
Old 11-17-2015 | 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by rohitC63

This is what I'm talking about... Not you in particular, but we get a bunch of these guys here who toss around numbers that are just wrong and then turn the e-warrior up to roid rage and people become misinformed.

We see eye to eye (mostly) on the new c63. The sedan doesn't do it for me, I dont hate it so much that I wouldn't buy one if the price was too good to turn down. However, when that coupe hits the used market my w204 may be onto a new home.

As for the turbo. Ugh. Okay, yes, in theory it CAN be done. But the amount of time, work, and especially money that would go into something like this THE RIGHT WAY (Not the "right shop can do it for $7k" way) and it is going to cost a pretty penny. Likely more than most even paid for their c63 especially if they bought it off the used market. So I guess there is your answer.
Old 11-17-2015 | 01:03 PM

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)

Yes to both of these posts. I think once the coupe is out Ill wait a few years and maybe pick one up for the wife CPO cause I think I am going for a crazy car next.
Old 11-17-2015 | 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
This is what I'm talking about... Not you in particular, but we get a bunch of these guys here who toss around numbers that are just wrong and then turn the e-warrior up to roid rage and people become misinformed.

We see eye to eye (mostly) on the new c63. The sedan doesn't do it for me, I dont hate it so much that I wouldn't buy one if the price was too good to turn down. However, when that coupe hits the used market my w204 may be onto a new home.

As for the turbo. Ugh. Okay, yes, in theory it CAN be done. But the amount of time, work, and especially money that would go into something like this THE RIGHT WAY (Not the "right shop can do it for $7k" way) and it is going to cost a pretty penny. Likely more than most even paid for their c63 especially if they bought it off the used market. So I guess there is your answer.
Agree with most of this, but then the question is: why do any of us - anyone for that matter - modify cars in the first place? There's ALWAYS something better, newer, faster, higher-tech, etc. We'd all be in GTRs if we wanted something fast and easy to mod out of the box. That's not the point. The point is that, at least for me, I like to tailor my car to be exactly what I want, and the basic C63 platform is interesting enough from the start yet still has room for improvement in many areas.

To be honest, I think a turbo system could be installed the right way here for under $10k. The hard part is the plumbing and tuning. Throw a couple of turbos on the end of the headers in the primary cat location (TBD if there's enough room, but you can almost certainly use a couple of small snails). Use an oil-less turbo for simplicity if you want. Route the intake piping - filters in the front bumper corners. Route the charge piping through a front mount IC. Get any competent tuner to tune it on a dyno. It's not that hard, and probably worth some consideration, as there are a lot of benefits over a SC setup.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 11-17-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2015 | 03:18 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Agree with most of this, but then the question is: why do any of us - anyone for that matter - modify cars in the first place? There's ALWAYS something better, newer, faster, higher-tech, etc. We'd all be in GTRs if we wanted something fast and easy to mod out of the box. That's not the point. The point is that, at least for me, I like to tailor my car to be exactly what I want, and the basic C63 platform is interesting enough from the start yet still has room for improvement in many areas.

To be honest, I think a turbo system could be installed the right way here for under $10k. The hard part is the plumbing and tuning. Throw a couple of turbos on the end of the headers in the primary cat location (TBD if there's enough room, but you can almost certainly use a couple of small snails). Use an oil-less turbo for simplicity if you want. Route the intake piping - filters in the front bumper corners. Route the charge piping through a front mount IC. Get any competent tuner to tune it on a dyno. It's not that hard, and probably worth some consideration, as there are a lot of benefits over a SC setup.
I really wanna see it be done for the same price as it takes for a SC and see it pull the same power if not more
Old 11-17-2015 | 04:09 PM

2006 C55
I'm ****ing done.
Old 11-17-2015 | 07:13 PM

09 Carrera S, , 03 F250 CC FX4
Man it would take some funky *** bends in piping to mount turbo's at the 'end of the header' location.

I swear I am not being an *** when I ask this question, but you guys that think it can be done in the 'C' engine bay or at the end of the headers, how many of you have held a turbo in your hand and understand how it works?

I mean, I am with you, turbo's rule over blowers but like it has been said numerous times, there just isn't room. I don't even think there is room for a rear mount setup.
Old 11-17-2015 | 08:23 PM

1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
If you lifted your car up and held some pipe in your hand and had an intercooler and a turbo you would quickly realize that this is a dream. I am not saying it cannot be done but you would be talking about some really expensive pieces to get the piping through from turbo to the front of the engine bay and then maybe an intercooler and back to the intake. Most of it would probably have to be hydro formed to fit around the engine block/mounts etc if it is even possible. Header would have to be made because the stock manifolds are simply to small to do much of anything but lets say for arguments sake that they could be used. Two turbos. Not crap. 800.00+each. Custom intercooler for what ever room is there if any. 1200-1500 to support any power. All supplemental hardware. Blow off valves, lines fittings. Another 2000.00. This stuff adds up quick. THen custom piping. Figure if nothing special had to be made. A couple weeks of labor and a ton of through away pipe from things not working. So best bet. 10-15k. Now you are somewhere close to a beginning point.
For example I am doing a project that is way less complicated for a client. One piece of pipe from the turbo to the intercooler took me almost an entire day to get about a foot and half. Lots of bends and adjustments and moving around to get were I needed to be without clearance issues. Now I could have cut the car all to hell and done it quicker and cheaper.
I would estimate a project like this in the atleast 25k for hardware and labor for a one off unless you were just gutting the car and building a track rat. Then I would stick them up front and have no a/c p/s etc. etc.
Old 12-14-2015 | 11:27 PM

14 C63 507
Definitely interested in results if anyone tries the remount turbo
Old 02-25-2016 | 10:41 AM

C63 AMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...071-turbo.html
Edit: didn't mean to post that
Old 07-15-2016 | 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...rocharged.html

Uh huh