Sponsored by:

RWCarbon C63 carbon rear diffuser installation review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG, 2007 C230
Originally Posted by Cli63
I would also like to chime in with my experience from RW carbon. Bought a black series style front lip and DTM style diffuser from them. Both arrived yesterday and went to the shop today to get them installed.

Front Lip:
The fitment over all was close to perfect, had one minor gap from initial fitment, but was able to get rid of it by moving the bumper forward slightly. Currently the lip hugs the bumper really well, with two small gaps on the side. Virtually unnoticeable unless looking really close.

Diffuser:
Ran into the same problem as mentioned above with the oem brackets, but did not have any issues with tab fitments. My mechanic took about 10 seconds to shaved off some plastic from the bracket and was able to screw in the middle section. For the fitment as a whole however was a bit more tough. My diffuser had a bit of curvature to it (not sure if it is due to design or from manufacturing) so the sides did not align very well (didn't take pictures). Even though the all the tabs fit, they alone WILL NOT hold the diffuser in place. Was straight forward to deal with, one guy would keep the diffuser in place with a little force, while the other tapped screws into the tabs to secure it.

Pricing wise I got it cheaper than OP. Was quoted $1100 shipped for the lip and diffuser.

Overall, would rate my experience with the products very well. There were issues, but all were easily solved and very minor compared to what my mechanic have seen before. Would recommend to others looking for aftermarket carbon parts.

I know car is a bit dirty, will get it washed soon. Also forgive my paint skills.

G'daaam!! The front splitter looks sweet. Im curious how much lower the front splitter makes the front of the car? Or basically how thick is it? I am stock ride height now, but I have already got some curb rash from bottoming out on a couple driveways in my area. could have avoided it if driven carefully, but not if lip of car is 1inch lower.

Based on the real world pics, im thinking to give RW another go with the front. I like the look of their CF and seems like front os was less headache than rear because you dont have tabs to mess with. Probably also a one man DIY install.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2012 c63
The front splitter doesnt lower the car at all. It ends at the the bumper ends thickness wise. I have 6 inches of clearance with stock springs, but just order some H&R oe springs and 19mm spring pads for lowering.