C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

is it worth getting a c63 black series ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
is it worth getting a c63 black series ?

turning 18 in a few months but this is going to sound crazy but i want to buy a BS as a first car and use it as a daily driver it has Kilometers: 17000 basically super prefect condition from the dealer to be honest i love the car and the shape and everything, basically is it worth it or should i just buy a brand new c63 amg thing is i dont like the shape and the engine of the newer models, i still dont know if its worth paying alot for BS, or should i rather buy another car.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
C63amg or C63BS as first car at 18 years old? Not to sound mean, but i wouldn't recommend it even if u can afford the car & the insurance.

These cars are very powerful & not very forgiving. Either ways.. Drive safe.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:40 PM

None
Originally Posted by Roswell
C63amg or C63BS as first car at 18 years old? Not to sound mean, but i wouldn't recommend it even if u can afford the car & the insurance.

These cars are very powerful & not very forgiving. Either ways.. Drive safe.
C63BS , what should i buy then ? because i love amg cars and the sounds i feel like i want something unique because they stopped making them why not get it it looks mean aggressive and fast , and you see it rarely im willing to buy, it alot of my friends are like nah waste dont waste your money buy the newer one or get a CLA 45 AMG but i diss like it , but i dont like the engine of the new c63s love the 6.2s
Old 12-28-2015, 07:11 PM

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
W204 C63 saloon
Everyone loves the 6.2 and also the sound it makes.

But this being your first car, my advice is for you to try and see if u can book yourself in for AMG driving day at your local Mercedes (Not sure if this is offered in US, but over in UK they do have AMG driving days)

Learn how to handle these cars before you actually buy one.
They pose more risk to yourself if you haven't actually driven any car before let alone a 6.2l V8.

If you got the cash and want to buy one, then by all means, buy one and keep till you really have some form of driving experience before you allow yourself to drive one of these.

I have 18 years driving experience and have been driving a C180K W204 for last 6 years. I recently bought the C63 4 months ago and still driving the C63 very gingerly whilst with the C180K I can chuck it around without any worry. There have been moments with the C63 that caught me by surprise and makes my pulse skips a few beats.

Just my 2 cents.
Drive safe!
Old 12-28-2015, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Please don't get a BS. They're rare enough without another one getting wrecked by someone who doesn't know how to drive one. Literally.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:06 PM

None
Originally Posted by sirius9
Everyone loves the 6.2 and also the sound it makes.

But this being your first car, my advice is for you to try and see if u can book yourself in for AMG driving day at your local Mercedes (Not sure if this is offered in US, but over in UK they do have AMG driving days)

Learn how to handle these cars before you actually buy one.
They pose more risk to yourself if you haven't actually driven any car before let alone a 6.2l V8.

If you got the cash and want to buy one, then by all means, buy one and keep till you really have some form of driving experience before you allow yourself to drive one of these.

I have 18 years driving experience and have been driving a C180K W204 for last 6 years. I recently bought the C63 4 months ago and still driving the C63 very gingerly whilst with the C180K I can chuck it around without any worry. There have been moments with the C63 that caught me by surprise and makes my pulse skips a few beats.

Just my 2 cents.
Drive safe!
i appreciate your advice sirius9 i should start test driving and gain experience, and learn how to control these cars thank you.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Macywins
turning 18 in a few months but this is going to sound crazy but i want to buy a BS as a first car and use it as a daily driver it has Kilometers: 17000 basically super prefect condition from the dealer to be honest i love the car and the shape and everything, basically is it worth it or should i just buy a brand new c63 amg thing is i dont like the shape and the engine of the newer models, i still dont know if its worth paying alot for BS, or should i rather buy another car.
If I could afford it, I would get a BS over just about anything on the market. That said, as its your first car, maybe build into it... It's really easy to just fly in my C63 and it's just an 09. My first car was decently fast (not necessarily nice haha) and I was always very aware of how fast I was going because it wasn't as refined as a C63.

Also, if you're already successful enough to afford a C63, I assume you'll be going to college, unfortunately many schools do not allow freshmen to have cars... Keep in mind that having a car like that on campus is a magnet for people to mess with it when they're hammered... My buddy in college had a C6 that got keyed twice. Luckily I was broke as a joke in college so I didn't have to worry about a car haha! A kid I went to highschool with had a business and probably could have afforded a BS, but drove a jeep for that reason - and to save cash to pay for school. Building your savings is something else to keep in mind. Also, in college your income may drop slightly so if you plan on making payments keep in mind that your college classes will probably take more time and effort than high school, and your social life will be different as well. An unintended consequence of this could be less time for work. Lots of small things to consider.

Maybe take a look at a FL P31 coupe? Even a 507? A bit more subtle and maybe less of a magnet on campus. Probably significantly better on insurance as well. Keep us posted! I look forward to pics.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:05 PM

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts
W463
Whatever you do, don't be this guy.

View this post on Instagram
Old 12-28-2015, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
wtf^^^^^^^

**** this thread, dude just scratched the BS?
Old 12-28-2015, 10:02 PM

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
W204 C63 saloon
i appreciate your advice sirius9 i should start test driving and gain experience, and learn how to control these cars thank you.
Gaining experience is key...

You cant control these cars... Its all about learning to drive one, being able to drive the car to its limit and handling them well.

Have fun.

Black series is a rare one. If u find one, I would keep as weekend car rather than a daily drive. Its value might increase in future.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63/ 2015 C63 507 coupe
Originally Posted by Ernst V Bauer
Whatever you do, don't be this guy.

https://instagram.com/p/_1ZaCMknbz/
Thanks Ernst. That hurt my soul.....

Honestly I would look at a w204 C350 coupe with the Amg sport package and four matic to start with they are great cars and even though not an AMG of being 18 enough power to handel and then work your way up to the c63. I've had one and would get another in a heartbeat just get rid of the crappy continental all season tires they come with stock they are horrible. And take a defensive driving course you get a discount on insurance if you do.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
I think at 18 I was on on my 3rd car, a modified Talon. Worked into a Dodge Daytona turbo I did a few things to, then worked way up to a '91 Talon TSi Turbo AWD with as much power as I could pull out of the stock turbo. From there I went to a 3000GT VR4 with big turbos and all supporting mods. I tell you that background simply to try and point out a few things;

At a young age I wanted as fast as I could get,
/afford, and did go pretty fast in those cars, but I worked my way up in HP and experience in handling it. I look back and in no way would I have been prepared to handle a C63 BS back then, and I had some fast stuff. I hate to think what I would have done to that car or myself if they existed and I had one at that age.

I say work your way into a car of that power and brute strength. Start out a bit more conservative in power and maybe less of a handful.

If you must jump right into it, I'd never tell someone not to chase a dream car, but then my advice would be some type of HPDE instruction, look up BMW club in your area and maybe hunt an instructor down there, etc.

Now, having said all of that-another thing I'll toss out there. As much as I love the C63, and C63 BS, bought a C63 because it was on top of my "realistic" dream car list, at this point, if I were to go get a $100,000+ Benz, as awesome as I think the C63 BS is, I'd save a few more dollars and go get an AMG GT-S.

Good luck to you in whatever way you go, just be smart and safe.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Go ahead but

Go ahead and buy it! Here is what will happen: you will buy it, love it, get rid of it for something shiny in a few years. Then when you are an old fart you will get nostalgic and go looking for another one. At which point they will cost you 10 million dollars! You could save your old self a lot of money by buying a Subaru WRX, haha,
Old 12-29-2015, 01:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C63owner
Go ahead and buy it! Here is what will happen: you will buy it, love it, get rid of it for something shiny in a few years. Then when you are an old fart you will get nostalgic and go looking for another one. At which point they will cost you 10 million dollars! You could save your old self a lot of money by buying a Subaru WRX, haha,

Agree buy whatever you want and don't ask people what you should get how the fark do we know what you like ! I did my learners on a 2001 Yamaha R1 still alive still riding , cars are like guns you'll only kill yourself if your stupid enough
Old 12-29-2015, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Please don't get a BS. They're rare enough without another one getting wrecked by someone who doesn't know how to drive one. Literally.
Again, proving to us all how much of an idiot you are......

OP Make your own decisions, If you like the BS buy it -its a special car and can be daily driven without any issues
Old 12-29-2015, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Again, proving to us all how much of an idiot you are......

OP Make your own decisions, If you like the BS buy it -its a special car and can be daily driven without any issues
Seriously? You're calling me the idiot? You really do get your feelings hurt very easily delicate little flower, especially over something that wasn't even directed at you. Back off.

What's idiotic is an 18yr old kid, with exactly ZERO real-world driving experience, contemplating buying one of the highest power tail-happy cars on the planet as his first car.

That's the definition of idiotic.

You want this person driving next to you on the road? There are enough bad drivers, don't need a tailor-made case of another one.

OP should get a boring first car and learn how to behave on the roads. Like 99% of people do. He will live longer, as will everyone else including his cars.

They must have some strange rules wherever you live if you think this is a good idea.

Originally Posted by dlefty
I think at 18 I was on on my 3rd car, a modified Talon. Worked into a Dodge Daytona turbo I did a few things to, then worked way up to a '91 Talon TSi Turbo AWD with as much power as I could pull out of the stock turbo. From there I went to a 3000GT VR4 with big turbos and all supporting mods. I tell you that background simply to try and point out a few things;

At a young age I wanted as fast as I could get,
/afford, and did go pretty fast in those cars, but I worked my way up in HP and experience in handling it. I look back and in no way would I have been prepared to handle a C63 BS back then, and I had some fast stuff. I hate to think what I would have done to that car or myself if they existed and I had one at that age.

I say work your way into a car of that power and brute strength. Start out a bit more conservative in power and maybe less of a handful.
This is the most sensible thing said in this whole thread. Work your way up. My modestly modded DSM back in the day was all I could handle at 18yrs old, and I drove like an absolute maniac. You're still learning how to control a car. You don't need one that's going to try and kill you every time you stab the go pedal.

This isn't about discouraging someone from their dream car. It's about being realistic about skills/experience/ability vs a particular car. Nobody in their right mind would have told any of us who had F40's and Countaches on their bedroom walls to go out and buy one as their first car. It's just not reasonable.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 12-29-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
I understand having a low power, non-rwd car as a first car (I had a fwd pontiac) but any C63 can be driven composed, even in bad weather.

What I dont like about you, is that youre so cynical and quick to pass judgment. I can't imagine what youre like in person ...
Old 12-29-2015, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I understand having a low power, non-rwd car as a first car (I had a fwd pontiac) but any C63 can be driven composed, even in bad weather.
Good point. But first car? Are you going to parallel park that thing with the bad turning radius on your first driving test?

Not saying that HP is a bad thing. But any high-HP RWD car as a first car and you're asking for trouble. Get an older and slower car banged up for a year or two, then buy the BS when you sorta know how to use it.

What I dont like about you, is that youre so cynical and quick to pass judgment. I can't imagine what youre like in person ...
Hey man, I'm not looking to hurt anyones feelings. I admit that I'm overly blunt sometimes, and I don't like to waste time on topics debating every little intricate point. I say what I think, and then respond accordingly. I actually like the back and forth, once we get to the point.

Really, the guys here who know me in real-life would tell you (I hope) that I'm not a bad guy and pretty chill and easy to get along with.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
If I had bought a C63BS at age 18, I would be dead. Unless I would have been very lucky and just wrecked it. Then I would have been only broke.
How much would it cost you to insure btw?
Old 12-29-2015, 09:10 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2010 C63
I have an alternative plan.

Buy the BS now and save it off to the side. Also get a lesser, but still fun, 335i or Genesis 3.8L to gain driving experience with.

For small fee of just $1k a month I'll be the caretaker of your BS. I live in Austin so I'll take her out for some exercise and open her up at CoTA twice a month. No extra charge for that. And I'll cover the cost of tires until you decide it's time to take her back. PM me. lol
Old 12-29-2015, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Statistically, the younger generation are more prone to accidents. Even if I could afford a BS, I wouldn't trust myself or feel comfortable in it no matter how badly I wanted it as my first car. Like Mbm6f said, start off with the older C63 or 507, still has the nice V8 engine. Keep that one for a bit, beat on that one. Then when you are comfortable, move on to the BS or something more powerful. Being 18 and having that type of money, you should make smart choices as well.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Statistically, the younger generation are more prone to accidents. Even if I could afford a BS, I wouldn't trust myself or feel comfortable in it no matter how badly I wanted it as my first car. Like Mbm6f said, start off with the older C63 or 507, still has the nice V8 engine. Keep that one for a bit, beat on that one. Then when you are comfortable, move on to the BS or something more powerful. Being 18 and having that type of money, you should make smart choices as well.
c63 507 same hp and less handle than black series its mean more danger for 18 kid

think about A45 , CLA45 , CAYMAN GTS OR boxter its enough for you first car and its dangerous and more fun than c63 trust me
Old 12-29-2015, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne

blah blah blah u aint gon buy s h I t troll
Old 12-29-2015, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by C633
c63 507 same hp and less handle than black series its mean more danger for 18 kid

think about A45 , CLA45 , CAYMAN GTS OR boxter its enough for you first car and its dangerous and more fun than c63 trust me
Less handling yes, but not same hp.
Originally Posted by dchl21
Was waiting for someone to say it lol.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:09 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dchl21
I chuckled

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: is it worth getting a c63 black series ?