Sponsored by:

Eurocharged C63 Tune and More!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
The company makes a thread and than disappears?
Old 01-20-2016, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,677 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
They're probably busy, you know, working and not responding to internet idiocy. I wouldn't have responded either if I were EC.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 909 Likes on 639 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
They're probably busy, you know, working and not responding to internet idiocy. I wouldn't have responded either if I were EC.
+63

Last edited by CarHopper; 01-21-2016 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:17 PM

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts
Multiple
Come on blkrokt, I would have expected you to be a bit more objective. EC started this thread and made claims. Folks asked very legitimate questions and EC has disappeared.

I run EC's tune, I am a huge fan of the company, have been since my old W211 days. Jerry in particular has a great rep. But that doesn't mean I am going to become a fanboi and not support legitimate questions when they are raised by the paying public.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
What question do you want answered? I'll be the adult and call them tomorrow. Just what the drive train loss is all about? That it?
Old 01-21-2016, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by xxaarraa
Come on blkrokt, I would have expected you to be a bit more objective. EC started this thread and made claims. Folks asked very legitimate questions and EC has disappeared.

I run EC's tune, I am a huge fan of the company, have been since my old W211 days. Jerry in particular has a great rep. But that doesn't mean I am going to become a fanboi and not support legitimate questions when they are raised by the paying public.
Same here - I've been a EC fan since back in the day when I had my C32. Great group of guys! However, like you said, when legit questions are asked, answers would be awesome.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
That's fine I was going with renntech anyways to keep my warranty but my questions were 100% valid.but wait isn't this a thread they made about selling there tune? Yeah they must be so busy then wtf did they even bother posting this thread

My close friend has 2 dyno jets in his main shop and another Dynojet at his other shop and I've tested my cars on all 3 of his dynos dynoing them myself and all 3 dynos put out within 2whp of each other

I have a 13 p31 car that is the same car as they advertised getting 423+ rwt and 431rwhp. My car did 359 rwt and 400rwhp with row airboxes and other wise bone stock.how the hell are they getting 65 more rear wheel torque ?

I asked what gear and the full details of the run like I posted on my dyno.I have nothing to hide and all my info is at the bottom of my dyno sheet.run conditions,af,baro,humidity etc.

Of course they will say every dyno reads different but my numbers are UNCORRECTED and no bs

I have a very hard time believing I will get the torque and whp with there tune on my car that will be run on the exact same dyno

Last edited by skratch77; 01-21-2016 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
skratch, I'll have answers for you, and others, tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

Also, I know you have a p31, but I believe it was a 507 on the dyno which will have a bit more from factory. I understand your argument, and that 60+ is a lot, so I'll call.

Last edited by CarHopper; 01-21-2016 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Don't bother its embarrassing that a forum member has to go out of his way to get answers to there own thread.

I think that is a super cherry picked dyno sheet and not a single c63 will get those numbers with stock filters and stock airboxes with just a tune.

Last edited by skratch77; 01-21-2016 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55

Also, I know you have a p31, but I believe it was a 507 on the dyno which will have a bit more from factory. I understand your argument, and that 60+ is a lot, so I'll call.
Yes a 507 gets about 7-10whp more than a P31 but I have row boxes that are good for 10whp.

The 507 also is rated 8 ftbs more than a p31 not 80 more ftlbs this "stock" 507 is making 65rwt more than my p31 with row boxes
Old 01-21-2016, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
My theory behind that one is that the "stock" car was actually already tuned, just assumed to be stock. Then added an updated tune and filters and picked up the extra few hp/tq.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:01 AM

Multiple
OK, you are seriously making a fool of yourself by flooding this thread with your own conjecture. Unless you work for EC, stop... right now. And let them speak. This is EC's thread, the questions are addressed to them, no need for fanboi traffic, it just dilutes the discussion.

What question do you want answered? I'll be the adult and call them tomorrow. Just what the drive train loss is all about? That it?

My theory behind that one is that the "stock" car was actually already tuned, just assumed to be stock. Then added an updated tune and filters and picked up the extra few hp/tq.
It isn't boasting...

Tune your car. You'll feel a difference. Stop trying to be all slick and "stick it to the man" so to say. You aren't getting a free tune if you don't make the claimed power because there are a million and one variables that play into it.

I have said this time and time again here. You want the most for your money? Take it to a reputable tuning shop and get your car tuned on a dyno. These v5 maps do make a difference, but they aren't going to get the most out of your car. They are, after all, off the shelf maps that are designed to be somewhat conservative. It's like generic drugs vs the real deal.

EC advertises numbers that are a safe average using a relatively high conversion rate for drivetrain loss when it comes to whp --> bhp for all of you-who's that are wondering about drivetrain loses.
Sorry I'm annoying to you. Most people who have been here a minute know my posts can come with sarcasm (particularly on topics that have been covered for years). I'm not an in your face type of person unless you ask for it.

In an effort to make some sense, and clear things up a bit, you guys are correct in the sense that the advertising claims are highly optomistic and a lot of cars may not see the claimed numbers. However, many cars will see those numbers. Here are the things that are going to effect the numbers you see:

- Altitude (Are you in the Rocky mountains? In the humidity of Florida on the ocean? In a dry sea level climate?)
- Temp (remember, if it's cold so are your tires, so your IAT's may be optimal but if your tires aren't warm even the smallest amount of slipping may skew numbers)
- The brand of dyno (heartbreak mustang? high ready dynojet?)
- The type of corrections used
- LSD? (when is the last time fluids were changed? tranny included)
- Tires (width, tread, weight)
- Wheels (width, weight)
- Health of car (are you intake filters clean?, mileage?)
- Experience of those running the dyno (strapped in right?, using the proper gear?)
- Type of gas (Quality 93? Or kwik-fil 91?)

And, for those of you wondering about this drivetrain loss, here is what I will say. Do more research, look up more dyno graphs on different c63's. You are going to find that pretty much all of them are different. Yes, when you do the calculations on the graph posted it comes out to a high loss. We are all waiting for EC to respond, however, consider things such as a lower reading car was used for the stock number and a different car was used for post tune, highly unlikely though. I'll just call this car an outlier.

Example, there is another graph out there that has the following results:

Stock: 98F, 12% humidity, SAE 1.01 = 367whp
Tune: 93F, 17% humidity, SAE 1.00 = 427whp
Roughly 14% loss here

And another (unknown temps/humidity)
Stock: 362whp / 359 wtq
Tune: 442whp / 405wtq
Roughly 18% loss here

And the EC graph w/ stock vs v3 map
Stock: 332whp
Tune: 408whp
Roughly 19% loss here

So, lets take an average of those percentages, use baseline dyno results, and claims from AMG.

Average baseline hp = 354whp
Average drivetrain loss = 17%
Factory bhp claim from Mercedes = 451
Factored in calculated loss = 374whp

AMG factory claim appears to be 20whp high in this case.

So, what does that mean? Essentially off that information Mercedes is rating the car too high from factory. Not a single one of the cars I pulled from this sample managed 374whp, and one was 42whp away, thats huge. All of the above factors play in, but still, big difference.

If you want to call a complaint department start by calling Affalterbach and see if you can get a refund on your initial c63 purchase as the advertised horsepower does not live up to what the product gave you.

However, seeing as I am annoying I'll just keep my mouth shut for you guys here on out. God forbid I give out information like how to get a MyGenius and handheld shipped to your door for $730 instead of $1200 for just the software, no MyGenius, and not to mention shipping your ECU to and from EC causing your car to be out of commission for that time. And heaven forbid I say that Mercedes and AMG were the ones who were optimistic with their HP claims rather than Eurocharged.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Rocky mountains as in Northern Idaho or Southern AZ? Somewhere in between?

It would be a bit of a trip, but Weistec is in SoCal. You also have a Eurocharged location just north of San Antonio.

Other option could be a remote tune. In basic terms, you essentially plug your car into your laptop and then the tuner will connect to your car through your laptop via their computers. Then go find a "safe" road where you can get some pulls in and they'll make their tweaks based on what your car is logging. You're essentially getting a road tune instead of a dyno tune using that method.

I've been on many forums and don't want to say whether or not that has definitely been done on a c63. I know my neighbor did this with his m3 and the results were fantastic, far better than an off the shelf map.

If someone can remote tune you (EC, Weistec, Velos, OEtuning) then that may be a good option for you.
No worries. I toned it back and threw up some info here. I'm not sitting here as an EC fanboy either, however, from time to time people start rallying against vendors who have been amazing to communities like these so I just make sure the torches and pitch forks get put away before we no longer get the opportunities these companies give us at times. Especially because I know for the most part companies aren't going to reply immediately and some (not you, just saying some people) demand answers shortly after they post. Again, what people say about me really doesn't bother me. Just making sure those who are deserving get the information they deserve here.

As you can tell, many people aren't very technically/mechanically inclined so they head to the internet to search for information. Obviously, not everything you read on the internet is accurate so if I can clear things up or point people in the right direction I attempt to do so.

And yes, I was in the Marine Corps, thanks.
With that out of the way....

Lets get back to what is really important here and the drivetrain loss. For those looking for some info you can see some quick calculations in post #45 with regards to drivetrain losses and other c63's.

Otherwise, wait for EC to respond here (they're great, and they'll eventually get to this) or if you want answers sooner give them a call:

United States -- 713-462-1600
Canada -- 416-739-9997
Those were just for you love Glad you could enjoy

As for the losses... Zcct's math has some of the examples above that 19% from EC. I don't think their claims are that unreasonable.

(zcct, I figured out how xxaarraa was calculating and used the same method. Just got 19% off the charts EC posted and used the same method each time)
Thanks for this. Mind was scrambled a bit dealing with other, erm, issues here. But you're absolutely right, I was just getting at the gains which did turn out to be pretty close haha.

Just hoping people read through thoroughly and find your post. Then they can plug in either 451, 481, 507 or whatever they "started" with and use their own dyno results to calculate what drivetrain losses they have.

Thanks buddy
Originally Posted by jptaylor
No baseline on mine but I think the numbers show that AMG was WAY optimistic with 451 from the factory....if all things were equal between their dyno and mine the TUNED loss would still be 16% off factory numbers....DynoDynamics with zero correction and BIP(Tony Lawshee)tune, ROW, exhaust made 389/383...another member here with p31 481hp car with tune only made 389/389 on the same dyno on the same day
I think it is a combination of both, honestly. I think that these cars are rated a tad high from factory and the actual drivetrain loses are a bit higher than most would assume using industry standards for rwd and blah blah.

That said, some of the cars out there are actually quite strong. I know it isn't a w204, but the w205's are putting down some pretty nice stock numbers. But even some w204's are proven to be quite strong and meet or exceed factory claims.

I forget the guys name (Matt Ferra? the heavy bald guy that tests a bunch of cars on youtube) used 20% drivetrain loss and took some serious flack for it in the comment sections of one of his videos. There was no response, but he may have some more knowledge on this matter than others. Even in his 850 hp weistec video I think he uses a 15% loss.
Tried to shed some light into your question, but obviously you'll have to wait for EC to respond. I don't think it would be out of the ordinary for a customer to walk in thinking their car is stock, but actually tuned by a previous owner.
No, I'm telling you they can. They just haven't been asked that question. Also, you have seen how inconsistent dyno readouts can be in this thread alone.

All I'm doing is telling you some possibilities into why the numbers may have come out the way they are.

Guys, if you need answers right this minute pick up the phone. The impatience here is a little... tiresome. Give it time and in the mean time read some advice from members. It may not be perfect, but it makes sense.
They don't get it, they refuse to get it, and they know more than anyone else does. I've tried to explain it but because I can be abrasive I'm a fool. So I guess we should just let this thread die as we wait for a response.

If I was EC I wouldn't even respond here at this point.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 01-21-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whats your point dude? Nobody is being a fanboy. Just pointing out the folly of not understanding what a dyno is used for. If you guys insist on chasing the EC numbers, go run on the EC dyno stock, then tuned, then complain if your not happy. It's really not hard to figure out, and others have talked through this very slowly so you all understand, to no effect. You're all complaining about a non-issue. If you're not happy, call EC and arrange to go there for a session and stop clogging THEIR thread with this idiocy.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:45 AM

Multiple
Whats your point dude? Nobody is being a fanboy. Just pointing out the folly of not understanding what a dyno is used for. If you guys insist on chasing the EC numbers, go run on the EC dyno stock, then tuned, then complain if your not happy. It's really not hard to figure out, and others have talked through this very slowly so you all understand, to no effect. You're all complaining about a non-issue. If you're not happy, call EC and arrange to go there for a session and stop clogging THEIR thread with this idiocy.
What's my point? You guys seem have trouble reading since I have said this multiple times already. Shut the hell up if your name's not EC is my point.

No one asked for lectures from you or anyone else on this thread on what a dyno is for. What you guys keep spewing over and over again is pretty straightforward stuff. Got anymore captain obvious tidbits you'd like to share? Maybe about how you think oil filters need to be 'broken in'? Geezuz.

EC made claims. Some of the assumptions behind their claims seem shaky. We are hoping they'd clarify how they got the numbers THEY ADVERTISED. This is (and should always have been) a conversation between EC and their current/potential customers who have a question on their methodology. You and purple and posse should chill out and stand in a corner and watch.

Kapish?

Last edited by xxaarraa; 01-21-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well first of all, I can post wherever I want, whenever I want. It's not you to decide that thanks. Kapish?

Secondly, it's all you guys who are failing to understand what dynos are used for. You want answers pick up the phone and call EC. It's not hard.

And third, stop PM'ing me.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
holy ***** this thread is still going?? Let it go guys...if you aren't happy with what your EC tune put down, go get a custom dyno tune and like it's been said a thousand times dyno's aren't to be taken seriously for over-all WHP numbers, hit up the 1/4 mile for that

are people seriously this dense that they haven't clued in that we all live in different environments? with different air/humidity/elevation and whatever else

Last edited by avery.whss; 01-21-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree with you for once Avery
Old 01-21-2016, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I have serious questions and asked a few times if the stock car was mislabled and maybe had headers without cats to get its monster torque it is putting down.

This is a huge concern to as a potential custom and asked a few simple questions in a thread the company itself made to promote and sell there tune.

Oe Tuning put out a dyno with a stock car,p31 car 507 car and all of the with before and after gains and all cars bone stock were making 355-360 ftlbs of torque just like my car did.

Not a monster 423rwt stock! If this car has headers with no cats already I won't get near its advertised power with just there tune.

Last edited by skratch77; 01-21-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by avery.whss
holy ***** this thread is still going?? Let it go guys...if you aren't happy with what your EC tune put down, go get a custom dyno tune and like it's been said a thousand times dyno's aren't to be taken seriously for over-all WHP numbers, hit up the 1/4 mile for that

are people seriously this dense that they haven't clued in that we all live in different environments? with different air/humidity/elevation and whatever else
That's why I asked for the baro,humidity, temps,gear used and correction factor.

Dynojet are VERY compatible to other Dynojet my friend
Old 01-21-2016, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Guys literally come on! Enough bickering. This hurts the community as a whole. We're all here because we love cars and more so, the C63. If we criticize, let's do it constructively to move us all towards more knowledgeable and insightful conversations.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by skratch77
That's fine I was going with renntech anyways to keep my warranty
Lol, warranty on the car or warranty of the item being purchased?
Old 01-21-2016, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Lol, warranty on the car or warranty of the item being purchased?
You are 100% covered at any dealer with renntech

My dealer in Boston is a renntech dealer and can tune my car.

They also put in a new tranny on my e55 that was renntech parts.

Right from there web page

RENNtech has been at the forefront of the tuning market for more than 21 years and stands behind all our products with a rock solid warranty. In fact, RENNtech continues to be the tuning choice of Mercedes Benz Dealerships who not only install and service our products, but work with RENNtech directly should the need for warranty arise.

I can drive my c63 to flagship Mercedes in Boston and get a carbon airbox,filters and tuning

Last edited by skratch77; 01-21-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c63 P31
Originally Posted by skratch77
You are 100% covered at any dealer with renntech

My dealer in Boston is a renntech dealer and can tune my car.

They also put in a new tranny on my e55 that was renntech parts.

Right from there web page

RENNtech has been at the forefront of the tuning market for more than 21 years and stands behind all our products with a rock solid warranty. In fact, RENNtech continues to be the tuning choice of Mercedes Benz Dealerships who not only install and service our products, but work with RENNtech directly should the need for warranty arise.

I can drive my c63 to flagship Mercedes in Boston and get a carbon airbox,filters and tuning
Their webpage says:
"While the law is designed to protect consumers it is not a guarantee that a manufacture cannot deny your warranty. A manufacturer can still deny a claim if they deem that the aftermarket component installed caused the problem. This is why selecting a reputable company with quality parts that you can trust to install and service your vehicle should also play an important factor in your tuning decision.

RENNtech has been at the forefront of the tuning market for more than 21 years and stands behind all our products with a rock solid warranty. In fact, RENNtech continues to be the tuning choice of Mercedes Benz Dealerships who not only install and service our products, but work with RENNtech directly should the need for warranty arise."

This may vary dealer to dealer - maybe your Boston dealer will install and service the product, but under the Magnuson-Moss act, the dealer will sync with their warranty claims department and the manufacturer and if the manufacturer determines the tune led to any malfunctions, at the very least you're in for a fun lawsuit. I'm due for service soon and will ask my local dealer whether they have some sort of relationship with RENNtech.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:21 PM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Originally Posted by xxaarraa
What's my point? You guys seem have trouble reading since I have said this multiple times already. Shut the hell up if your name's not EC is my point.

No one asked for lectures from you or anyone else on this thread on what a dyno is for. What you guys keep spewing over and over again is pretty straightforward stuff. Got anymore captain obvious tidbits you'd like to share? Maybe about how you think oil filters need to be 'broken in'? Geezuz.

EC made claims. Some of the assumptions behind their claims seem shaky. We are hoping they'd clarify how they got the numbers THEY ADVERTISED. This is (and should always have been) a conversation between EC and their current/potential customers who have a question on their methodology. You and purple and posse should chill out and stand in a corner and watch.

Kapish?
You know, you REALLY come across as an entitled, spoiled only child in dire need of a serious *** whipping....EC posted what was basically an advertisement for an expensive service on a public forum....not in a vendor section but on the DISCUSSION BOARD.....not only did they post it in a discussion forum but in a forum predominantly viewed by very knowledgeable ENTHUSIASTS.....when stuff like this gets posted in this fashion and there are "Of course I've got a smoking hot girlfriend, but she lives out of state." type of claim enthusiasts are GOING TO CALL THEM OUT...these guys here have experience with multiple facets of our cars, their performance and also how different setups produce power.....EC opened the door for discussion, discussion is occurring, they are choosing not participate after initiating the topic....now in the immortal words that Richard Pryor spoke so eloquently to Bill Cosby...."Have a Coke, smile and shut the **** up."
Old 01-23-2016, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jptaylor
You know, you REALLY come across as an entitled, spoiled only child in dire need of a serious *** whipping....EC posted what was basically an advertisement for an expensive service on a public forum....not in a vendor section but on the DISCUSSION BOARD.....not only did they post it in a discussion forum but in a forum predominantly viewed by very knowledgeable ENTHUSIASTS.....when stuff like this gets posted in this fashion and there are "Of course I've got a smoking hot girlfriend, but she lives out of state." type of claim enthusiasts are GOING TO CALL THEM OUT...these guys here have experience with multiple facets of our cars, their performance and also how different setups produce power.....EC opened the door for discussion, discussion is occurring, they are choosing not participate after initiating the topic....now in the immortal words that Richard Pryor spoke so eloquently to Bill Cosby...."Have a Coke, smile and shut the **** up."
+1

Last edited by BLKROKT; 01-24-2016 at 06:21 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged C63 Tune and More!