Sponsored by:

CA Smog "not ready"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 09:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
CA Smog "not ready"

Greetings fellas...anyone have any input on this? Passed visual inspection but got a not ready result. It was oxygen and oxygen heater which didn't turn on or could not read. From some other posts here guessing we were supposed to drive the car for 40-50 miles before these systems turned on? I drove this length and my ob2 just has these sensors blinking and not running.

Still have primary cats in and running a modified stage 2 tune from Oetuning. Was supposed to be a stage 1 but car was running way lean so Jeremy modified one. Could my oxygen sensors be turned off? Been trying since this afternoon to contact Oetuning but haven't heard back yet.

Any input would be great. Thanks
Old 01-25-2016, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 911 Likes on 641 Posts
E63S | X5
It's the tune, and yes, your sensors are turned off. You'll have to get a new map sent to you that turns the sensors on. Should be fairly simple.

I've been through this song and dance on both c63's I've purchased. Both had some sort of tune on them without knowing until inspection, and most recently I just got the EC v5 tune, explained my situation, and within a few miles the sensors were good to go.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:27 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Ok thought so....but need to wait for Jeremy to confirm it. Most stage 1 tunes don't turn off the o2 right? I am still running my oem cats...hopefully I did not damage anything running this modified stage 2. He told me it would run with the primary cats....just extra fuel added to resolve my lean condition.

Anyway for a hard reset of car to wipe out tune or is it stuck?
Old 01-25-2016, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
You aren't damaging anything, it's just the electronics behind it disabling the monitors. Sometimes if a tuner has a lot on their plate they may overlook requests to leave the sensors on. I remember asking EC specifically to leave the monitors untouched and apparently this is the common practice on the v5 tunes. They used to just shut the monitors off across the board on previous versions.

Are you tuned through something like a MyGenius? Do you still have the handheld? If so, you should still have access to your stock map which you can upload and go back to factory settings. However, there is no method to revert back to a stock map without some sort of tuning procedure (ie disconnecting the battery). Think of your computer. Once you install a program you can't just unplug it and have that program go away. You have to actually go in there to remove the program.

Now, although I am quite certain that tuning is the issue here, it may very well be there is something wrong with the sensors. However, I have had the exact same monitors not set (o2 and o2 heaters) as have many other members. Every single time I've chimed in and told them the same things they've flashed to stock or ask their tuner for an updated file that keeps the monitors on and have all gone through inspections just fine.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:51 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Ok good on the damage part. Yes I do have the handheld but my stock file fails to upload....says wrong "code". I tried to ref lash earlier today but to no avail. Hopefully I hear back from Jeremy so I can get it resolved. Appreciate the input
Old 01-25-2016, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Yup. Just call Jeremy. I've never dealt with him but everyone here has good experiences with him.

As for the error, are you sure you have the key in the right position every step of the way? Do you have keyless-go? Or, have you updated the handheld? Those are really the only things I can think of that may cause an error. Sorry, I'm not a tuner and not as savvy with the handheld devices.

Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:01 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Yes I remember back in 2015 Jeremy needed to update my firmware on the handheld so for some reason only his new maps worked and didn't get the oem map. The old oem map pops up sometimes in the handheld but when I try to upload says wrong code and stops it. Then when I go to redo it, the handheld immediately puts me into the new maps section....oem can't be found. Real weird.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
I would address that with him as well. Try to get an updated OEM file if you can. Hopefully they still have yours on record and can just send it along with the new tune so they'll both work on your updated handheld.

Good luck
Old 01-25-2016, 10:55 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Yup will do! Thanks
Old 01-26-2016, 11:22 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Fully resolved and now working. Oetuning sent me new updated files and helped me sort out my locked device. Scanner now shows o2 and 02 heater active. It's Smog time. Appreciate the input PurpleHeart
Old 01-27-2016, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by SROC276
Fully resolved and now working. Oetuning sent me new updated files and helped me sort out my locked device. Scanner now shows o2 and 02 heater active. It's Smog time. Appreciate the input PurpleHeart
Nice to hear you're back on the road. Like I said, fairly common and simple fix. Glad you got everything sorted out!