Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

met a funny bloke with a A45 AMG today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2016 | 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 C63 AMG P31
Mc81b doing big things. That CLK is gorgeous, def need to post more pics of it.
Old 02-05-2016 | 02:11 AM

2004 CLK55 AMG W209
Love the cars, hate the ***** but hey I roll in a 55 coupe and a 7R smoked me till 220. Well I admit I did the cat delete and no tune as yet and car wasn't running as great afterwards but with 4wd and turbo it really gave me.
Odd question but how come the DTM spec doesn't have the 4 pipes at the rear? Come on over to the W208 W209 forum and intro that fine car there sir
Old 02-05-2016 | 06:57 AM

i thought the a45 tuned can run a 0-100km in under 4secs and 1/4 in sub 12s. those are pretty fast times in anyones language
Old 02-05-2016 | 07:39 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Mc81b

Now I'm just waiting for my insurance and it be ready on the road.
Yay
now that's a pretty ride; remind me what dtm is again?

Last edited by hyperion667; 02-05-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-05-2016 | 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters

http://www.dtm.com/en

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo...acing-defined/

German racing series.

Last edited by Mort; 02-05-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2016 | 04:01 PM

Clk Dtm c63 bs u wont wanna know the rest
Originally Posted by Mort

Germany racing series.
So,
Is Black Series higher or DTM?
Old 02-05-2016 | 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mort

Germany racing series.
So,
BTW That CLK DTM are road legal.
Not track car.
Please go read up.
5.5L V8 SC
Old 02-05-2016 | 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
So,
So,
BTW That CLK DTM are road legal.
Not track car.
Please go read up.
5.5L V8 SC
Are you new to the internet?
Old 02-06-2016 | 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Ok... enough with the self-congratulatory circle jerk. You sound like Mr. Bean here in his Mini when he picks on the Reliant Robin. If you really need to have your ego stroked by the size of your engine, you've got serious problems.

I've driven both cars extensively... and the new CLA45 is more than capable of keeping up with a C63BS (or for that matter, a CLK63BS) around *any* track. What the x45 lacks in power it more than makes up for with its considerably lower weight and low-end turbo torque, so - 100% stock - they're pretty much neck-in-neck. Give it the ability to breathe better and increase the boost with a tune, and the small turbo four will leave anything with an M156 in the dust - and that's just in a straight line. Add a corner into the mix, and while you need to hit the brakes three car lengths earlier to slow down your 4000 lb barge and can barely hold 0.9Gs through a corner, the little 45 will zip past you and carry 10 km/h more through the entire corner as it can hold 1G because it weighs 600 lbs less. When it gets back on the power at the apex it takes off like a projectile - it's a 4WD and produces 100% of peak torque from a mere 2250 rpm - while all you can do is try to keep your car pointing in the right direction. By the time you both exit the corner he's five car lenghts ahead, and after two more corners it's just a small dot in the distance before you completely lose sight of it (or crash trying to keep up).

The ONLY time you'd ever reel one in is if it's a 100% stock car and you have a 5 mile runway available to you as it is limited to 10 km/h less than a C63BS or CLS63BS. Delimited but still stock it will easily exceed 300 km/h; add about 6 psi of boost with a tune and the ability to blow it all out the tailpipes with a header, and those tailpipes of the 45 is all that you'll be looking at.

Sorry to burst your bubble... yes, your CLK is absolutely gorgeous and a very rare beast indeed (not to mention that it costs 5x as much) - but it will still lose even to a "only 420 hp" A45, and it would be absolutely annihilated by a stock 12-year old Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ400 in a straight line, sideways or upside down.

Get over it, stop deluding yourself and move on. This thread really does suck - and the only laughable thing about it is you for starting it in the first place.

P.S. Whoa... just took another look at those pics and realized that's a CLK DTM (a RHD to boot). I am sorry - but you claim you just bought it and are asking whether that's faster than a BS? Like, do you even know what that car is and how many of them were made? You're in Singapore? Do you know how many there were that made it into Singapore? I real;ly want to give you the benfit of the doubt here, but if you boght that car, you really ought to know a thing or two about Mercs in the first place, and furthermore, you wouldn't feel threatened by someone in an A45. Tell ya what - you give me the VIN number of the vehicle and I'll get and send you the factory build card to go with it. Deal?

Last edited by Diabolis; 02-06-2016 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 06:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Ok... enough with the self-congratulatory circle jerk. You sound like Mr. Bean here in his Mini when he picks on the Reliant Robin. If you really need to have your ego stroked by the size of your engine, you've got serious problems.

I've driven both cars extensively... and the new CLA45 is more than capable of keeping up with a C63BS (or for that matter, a CLK63BS) around *any* track. What the x45 lacks in power it more than makes up for with its considerably lower weight and low-end turbo torque, so - 100% stock - they're pretty much neck-in-neck. Give it the ability to breathe better and increase the boost with a tune, and the small turbo four will leave anything with an M156 in the dust - and that's just in a straight line. Add a corner into the mix, and while you need to hit the brakes three car lengths earlier to slow down your 4000 lb barge and can barely hold 0.9Gs through a corner, the little 45 will zip past you and carry 10 km/h more through the entire corner as it can hold 1G because it weighs 600 lbs less. When it gets back on the power at the apex it takes off like a projectile - it's a 4WD and produces 100% of peak torque from a mere 2250 rpm - while all you can do is try to keep your car pointing in the right direction. By the time you both exit the corner he's five car lenghts ahead, and after two more corners it's just a small dot in the distance before you completely lose sight of it (or crash trying to keep up).

The ONLY time you'd ever reel one in is if it's a 100% stock car and you have a 5 mile runway available to you as it is limited to 10 km/h less than a C63BS or CLS63BS. Delimited but still stock it will easily exceed 300 km/h; add about 6 psi of boost with a tune and the ability to blow it all out the tailpipes with a header, and those tailpipes of the 45 is all that you'll be looking at.

Sorry to burst your bubble... yes, your CLK is absolutely gorgeous and a very rare beast indeed (not to mention that it costs 5x as much) - but it will still lose even to a "only 420 hp" A45, and it would be absolutely annihilated by a stock 12-year old Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ400 in a straight line, sideways or upside down.

Get over it, stop deluding yourself and move on. This thread really does suck - and the only laughable thing about it is you for starting it in the first place.

P.S. Whoa... just took another look at those pics and realized that's a CLK DTM (a RHD to boot). I am sorry - but you claim you just bought it and are asking whether that's faster than a BS? Like, do you even know what that car is and how many of them were made? You're in Singapore? Do you know how many there were that made it into Singapore? I real;ly want to give you the benfit of the doubt here, but if you boght that car, you really ought to know a thing or two about Mercs in the first place, and furthermore, you wouldn't feel threatened by someone in an A45. Tell ya what - you give me the VIN number of the vehicle and I'll get and send you the factory build card to go with it. Deal?
Yup. Right on.
Old 02-06-2016 | 11:20 AM

2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
That CLK DTM is awesome. Congratulations.
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:01 PM

Sorry but this is a CLK DTM,not a CLK BS.
Maybe you do not know your AMG well enough yet
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:04 PM

And how many rounds can your legendary 45 run before the turbo decides to stop working?

The CLK DTM has 100 units in the world and only 20 RHD made.
7 made it into Singapore
1 custom built in blue for the legendary Mr Jack Yeo(who owns 2 Mclaren F1/F1 GTR) (CLK GTR)
3 silver units
3 black units
5 units were exported out.
There is only 2 left,1 silver,1 black.

Last edited by Mc81b; 02-06-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:10 PM

-

Last edited by Mc81b; 02-06-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:17 PM

c

Last edited by Mc81b; 02-06-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:18 PM
Banned

S550 on order
WTF are you smoking MC81B???? Seriously get a grip...for someone whose "owned" all those cars you sure type like you're trying to say "hey i have the biggest dik" ...real talk..why this thread is even around is beyond me.

for someone who lives in Singapore you sure act like you have a lot to prove, did some 18 year old app millionaires trash talk you or something? i wouldn't be surprised .. Singapore is filled with them

Last edited by avery.whss; 02-06-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:22 PM

You mean this?

055 YEAR OF MODIFICATION 04/2
205 OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
260 TYPE DESTINATION ON TRUNK LID - ELIMINATION
260B AIRBAGLABEL - GERMAN/ENGLISH
273 TELEPHONE PRE-INSTALLATION D-NET MOBILE
354 ANTENNA FOR TELEPHONE D/E-NET
423 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
428 STEERING WHEEL SHIFT BUTTONS/GEARSHIFT PADDLES
461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
525 RADIO AUDIO 50 APS
551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM
580 AIR CONDITIONER
600 HEADLAMPS - CLEANING EQUIPMENT
609 LA 5-SPOKE DESIGN 16" WITH TIRE MIX
618 BI-XENON HEADLAMPS FOR LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
619 CORNERING ILLUMINATION
682 FIRE EXTINGUISHER
700A FABRIC, AVANTGARDE
731A FABRIC, AVANTGARDE - BLACK / ANTHRACITE
739 ALUMINUM TRIM PARTS
805 YEAR OF MODIFICATION
875 HEATED SCREEN WASH SYSTEM
889 KEYLESS - GO
954 EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR AVANTGARDE VEHICLES
989 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
990 AMG - VEHICLE DOCUMENTS/MODEL PLATE MANAGEMENT
M001 ENGINES WITH SUPERCHARGER
M113 V8-GASOLINE ENGINE M113
M271 R4-GASOLINE ENGINE M271
M55 CAPACITY 5,5 LITRE
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by avery.whss
WTF are you smoking MC81B???? Seriously get a grip...for someone whose "owned" all those cars you sure type like you're trying to say "hey i have the biggest dik" ...real talk..why this thread is even around is beyond me.

for someone who lives in Singapore you sure act like you have a lot to prove, did some
Avery Whss,
I'm sorry but i really had quite a bad day today and someone here is trash talking comparing a A45 to my latest purchase.
This sounds pretty annoying especially when i'm having insurance issues for this particular car now.
My apologies,i will delete all those comments.
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:26 PM

for someone who lives in Singapore you sure act like you have a lot to prove, did some 18 year old app millionaires trash talk you or something? i wouldn't be surprised .. Singapore is filled with them
Nah was having a bad day today as tomorrow in Singapore it's the eve of the Chinese New Year and i do have alot on my plate now and many things never went as planned.
It will be a long 1 week holiday and i have to ensure my vessel reaches Iran in time.
Sorry for the ugly side.
My apologies
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG

So your saying a stock 13 sec 110 mph car will beat any m156 powered car?
No it won't even in s class trim... And a bs will completely annihilate one on a track...

Last edited by deadlyvt; 02-06-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:28 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Avery Whss,
I'm sorry but i really had quite a bad day today and someone here is trash talking comparing a A45 to my latest purchase.
This sounds pretty annoying especially when i'm having insurance issues for this particular car now.
My apologies,i will delete all those comments.
we all have bad days its all good but just remember ..who cares if someone says something, don't forget the age old saying

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words and names will never hurt me? ...well that applies when some idiot comes up and says "hey i can beat you" ...it doesn't matter, even if they win, big deal..that's life we've all gotta take a L once in awhile

Have a happy new year and don't sweat the small stuff
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:32 PM

This thread started with a extremely proud of his KIA A45 AMG coming to me and telling me his car pulls 500bhp on dyno,which the workshop told me it was 420 (Maybe the 80bhp more comes from his ego) which i think it was a joke and pretty nice to share.
I have no qualms with anybody or anything.
As for the DTM i'm just sharing my joy,as you know Singapore is the most expensive country in the world to own a car,a Toyota here can get you a new model Ferrari in the states.
Yes you are right Singapore has one of the highest millionaires ratios in the world but the population is small,economy is slow especially now.
With a population of 4.4million people,It's pretty amazing that there are 300+ Lamborghinis (800k usd each) in Singapore and 500+ Ferraris (600k up).
Let's not forget we have a legendary Pagani owner here who actually owns a Tricolore(4.7m usd) as well as a Cinque(3.6m usd),another crazy owner here has a Koenigsegg bought at 3.8m usd.
So yes there are many wealthy people around,but the gap between the rich and the poor,is pretty ridiculously huge.

And i am proud to say,Pagani uses AMG engines.
I know my AMG well enough,just not the turbos except for the previous SL65 BS i had.
The Kia A45 AMG is amazing no doubt but it caters to those Evo/WRX/GTR buyers

For those who had the opportunity to drive V6/8/10/12 W12,
I guess you will understand the smoothness of the cars acceleration.
It's in the package.
You want fast?Get A GTR,tune it to 1500bhp.

Last edited by Mc81b; 02-06-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by deadlyvt
So your saying a stock 13 sec 110 mph car will beat any m156 powered car?
No it won't even in s class trim... And a bs will completely annihilate one on a track...
Just let him live in his own world.
His Kia is his pride
Old 02-06-2016 | 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Old 02-06-2016 | 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: met a funny bloke with a A45 AMG today